Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jamesays
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“No original bambers still using the band name”

• Yes 5 votes
      11%
    • No 41 votes
      89%

(46 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180427_203724 (resized).jpg
    20180427_203705 (resized).jpg
    Mongoose (resized).jpg
    Gimme, Gimme Good Lovin' (resized).jpg
    1670028F-F51B-4E3E-BA6E-66E9C081F5F0 (resized).png
    ws (resized).png
    yes (resized).png
    Gwar Chart (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

As for their thoughts, both Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, the remaining 2 original members, said they see KISS continuing in perpetuity without them, that the band is greater than any one (or 2) single members. They have no problem with someone else donning their makeup and carrying on.

I'm pretty sure that's because Gene Simmons is all in favor of anything that continues to pay him royalties.

I've gotta disagree with him on that, though, because changing the vocalist(s) has a greater impact on a band than changing any other member, in my opinion. Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave: same band, different vocalists, very different sound. Ozzy Black Sabbath vs. Dio Black Sabbath, etc.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Yes, I get it, but who doesn't love a Dio Black Sabbath? Or a Bryan Johnson AC/DC? A Steve Perry Journey?
    Look at Quiet Riot, no original members, but this version absolutely kills it. Yeah Rudy Sarzo but he really isn't an original member either. He took over for Chuck Wright half way through the recording of Metal Health after leaving Ozzy. He was also there during the Randy Rhoads version of Quiet Riot too.

Oh, absolutely! Some of my favorite Black Sabbath songs were with Dio.

I guess it just feels weird to me when they're trying to do a drop-in replacement to keep playing existing songs vs. moving the band forward. I mean, it's not like Kiss would be producing new studio material (at least I don't think so) -- they'd just continue touring with Gene and Paul imitators.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Some vanity pics of KISS'D for everyone that didn't get to see us live (which is pretty much everyone LOL) That was about 30 years ago, '92, my real hair.....
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man, you guys never played in Virginia, did you? I saw a KISS tribute band in a little club probably around that time. They were really good...right up until "Gene" did the fire breathing bit and caught his face on fire.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-original-members-of-the-group?tu=EternitytoM83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.