7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I believe I am going to begin looking into purchasing only HUO machines or at least those that appear to have been. What would you say the increased average value of one of these machines of the average selling price of a machine? Or is the high end selling price listed on Pinside the average price for a HUO machine?

Thanks in advance

#2 7 years ago

I would say on most machines it is a 20-30% increase in value, sometimes more...and HUO is different for each person, what it means, I think never played Commercially, meaning lower plays and by someone who cares about machine not some kids pounding on it. It does not account for how well the game was treated...if they were not pinheads they might have played there KISS with rusty balls for 15 years...always check the game...but in my book it means alot less plays and alot better Cabinets.

#3 7 years ago

It really depends on the game.

#4 7 years ago

Yes much.

#5 7 years ago

HUO is just one description of condition. That being said, it always comes back to the better the overall condition the higher the price. Prices can be all over the board. Do your homework for each pin.

#6 7 years ago

condition is king. lightly routed can be better than huo neglected.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

condition is king. lightly routed can be better than huo neglected.

What exactly does the routing of a machine consist of?

#8 7 years ago

Most games that I see on location just sit there in the corner, powered on. Not getting much attention. HUO machines get much more plays around here.

#9 7 years ago

Routing of a machine means its seen time in a bar, pizza shop, local bowling alley,etc

#10 7 years ago

davewth is right on the money. I have seen some HUO pins that had not been kept up and I have seen some routed pins that look like new. Some routed pins have very few plays depending on location. There are some HUO pins that have very high plays-so it depends on condition overall-IMO

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from LordCrom:

What exactly does the routing of a machine consist of?

Picture what would happen if you let everyone that has a couple of quarters drive your car when your not around.

#12 7 years ago

Unless they have a receipt, is there any real way of knowing for sure? Unless it's a newer game, I just ignore the description of "HUO" and look at the condition.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Unless they have a receipt, is there any real way of knowing for sure? Unless it's a newer game, I just ignore the description of "HUO" and look at the condition.

Even with a receipt - it still comes down to condition.

Sat in the sun it's whole life, parked by the swimming pool for years. Both HUO and still can be big problems.

LTG : )

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Even with a receipt - it still comes down to condition.

Agreed!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

And what does the receipt prove? Does it really prove it was never put on route? NO, it proves nothing about the history of the pin. Its nice to have a receipt for an HUO pin but proves zippo!

#16 7 years ago

As indicated above....ZERO value increase. Condition is king. You can have a HOU with water damage. Or you can have a routed game that was well cared for and restored. Condition will drive value.

#17 7 years ago

Zero. All about condition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 70.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    $ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside