• Latest reply 2 years ago by playtwowin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

willy-wonka-you-lose.gif
#1 2 years ago

I have been told by a few people there will be no more Willy Wonka's made. Is this true? Can anyone shed some light on this topic. Good friend of mine reached out to a JJP dealer and they were told that there will be no more made. Did JJP make this announcement at some point? If so what are people's thoughts? Should they keep making this game?

willy-wonka-you-lose.gifwilly-wonka-you-lose.gif
#2 2 years ago

Pretty sure JJP announced they weren't making anymore. I remember distributors had tons of CE's in stock and after the announcement and the JJP price increase on GNR they sold out like hotcakes.

#3 2 years ago

Well they can't make "old" pins forever. Get a previously owned one for a better price.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I have been told by a few people there will be no more Willy Wonka's made. Is this true? Can anyone shed some light on this topic. Good friend of mine reached out to a JJP dealer and they were told that there will be no more made. Did JJP make this announcement at some point? If so what are people's thoughts? Should they keep making this game?
[quoted image]

I thought this was old news like Pirates. JJP likes to discontinue games lickety-split

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Well they can't make "old" pins forever. Get a previously owned one for a better price.

That used to be the case until everyone went crazy. Now those games are selling for more then new.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I thought this was old news like Pirates. JJP likes to discontinue games lickety-split

Crazy how they just move on. Lots of money left on the table. I guess you can't keep licenses forever.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Lots of money left on the table.

I don't think so. I'm sure it stopped when it became clear it wasn't worth producing anymore.

#8 2 years ago

No money left on the table. They wisely moved on because it was a low seller. Not many made, because of so many issues. Including the troublesome play fields like on JJPs other 3 machines. Plus the code is quite underwhelming, with relatively no voice dub with movie scenes. On top of all that, no mechs other than one gobble hole, that doesn’t work so well. Then the ball gets lost in the back of the machine. It does have lawlor flow however, which is the only good part of the machine. Sales were very dismal and most just sat in distributor warehouses, till GNR kind of revived it. WW is another failed machine from the history of JJP.

#9 2 years ago

Wonka production was shut down quite some time ago. I believe it was around October of 2020 when they shut it down. I was always on the fence about Wonka. When I heard they were shutting it down, I reached out to PinballSTAR and Joe found me one.

It's a great game. If you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it!

#10 2 years ago

I feel ya. I got into the hobby late and have yet to pick up a Wonka (My favorite movie as a kid). I wish they would charge more and make me one. You know a make to order classic with an upcharge. I think there could be money in it.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

No money left on the table. They wisely moved on because it was a low seller. Not many made, because of so many issues. Including the troublesome play fields like on JJPs other 3 machines. Plus the code is quite underwhelming, with relatively no voice dub with movie scenes. On top of all that, no mechs other than one gobble hole, that doesn’t work so well. Then the ball gets lost in the back of the machine. It does have lawlor flow however, which is the only good part of the machine. Sales were very dismal and most just sat in distributor warehouses, till GNR kind of revived it. WW is another failed machine from the history of JJP.

Total garbage statement....widely considered one of the better JJP pins

#13 2 years ago

Man Im really glad I got a CE when I did. I thought the theme was dumb initially ,but then it turned out to be one of my favorites!
Great game.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Except Woz and Hobbit, which they ran into the ground with a bajillion different versions.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Plus the code is quite underwhelming, with relatively no voice dub with movie scenes. On top of all that, no mechs other than one gobble hole, that doesn’t work so well. Then the ball gets lost in the back of the machine.

Do you even read what you write or are you just paraphrasing crap from other Pinside threads?

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Haha. Obviously an attempt at a funny joke. Thanks for the entertainment this morning.. got me ready for this weekend.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

[quoted image]

They are swamped with g@r orders at the moment and will b for a while....and they have 2 new games basically ready to go . So I wld assume they won't b going back to previous releases just bc of no time ....plus they just wanna keep moving fwd.

#18 2 years ago

I also just heard Stern will stop making Lord Of The Rings!

Wonka didn't sell well because it isn't a great game. That is just simply the truth. That does NOT mean that there are not people that loved Wonka. Every game has a group of people that enjoy playing it. Heck, I love some unpopular games that are looked down upon. And that is perfectly fine. There are also great games that I hate playing, and I'm totally good with that as well. I can recognize their greatness even if I dislike them. Wonka just isn't going to reach that level. GnR might, but I don't have quite enough plays on it to judge that yet.

#19 2 years ago

I love this hobby. People believe their opinions are fact.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I love this hobby. People believe their opinions are fact.

Sadly, that isn't just this hobby. We have an entire world full of people that act this way.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sadly, that isn't just this hobby. We have an entire world full of people that act this way.

I was trying to be optimistic. Lol

#22 2 years ago

I wouldn’t rule out them making more just yet. Once they get another line going and get caught up on gnr orders, it could happen. They had full intentions of making more potc, woz ybr, and wonkas before all the gnr chaos altered plans. Never say never.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought the theme was dumb initially

Only on a Pinhead makes a statement like this about a $7500 luxury purchase

I love the theme, but only played a poorly setup version of it. Maybe I'll play it at Pintastic this year, when the prices hit $10k...

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I have been told by a few people there will be no more Willy Wonka's made.

Joe from PinballStar just sent out an email that another run of Wonka LE is going to be available in October. If you are looking for one, there ya go.

#25 2 years ago

Just got the email another run of Wonka LE
Awesome. Great game, easy buy.

#26 2 years ago

New price increase as well.

11k plus freight now for the LE.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Clearly u haven't played the game...u must cut and paste these comments

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Thats a big price increase for an LE....

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think so. I'm sure it stopped when it became clear it wasn't worth producing anymore.

You need to drop that avatar That’s one of the greatest tv characters ever!Your not worthy of using it.
Go back to Godzilla thread and take your boyfriend Wetjim with you!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

But cheaper than any LE on the Pinside Marketplace (until that one reposted a few days ago). The others secondary market sellers might want to reconsider their pricing.

#31 2 years ago

Wasn't it just a few days ago that some dude was on here saying Wonka didn't sell... and today I get emails that they are doing another run!?! LOL

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wasn't it just a few days ago that some dude was on here saying Wonka didn't sell... and today I get emails that they are doing another run!?! LOL

Not sure who it was but there is a ton of demand for them now... which is y there is another run and they all will sell quickly even know its 11k plus freight and tax in some cases. Great game and glad I got one years ago. They sold ok originally but as more got to play them and the code evolved many realized how great if a game it is... however they were all gone. Glad more will get to enjoy it

#33 2 years ago

Price increase is ridiculous. I would love one, but prices are getting out of hand at this point. Oh well, glad they’re putting more supply out there on this title.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure who it was but there is a ton of demand for them now...

I think "a ton of demand" is a bit overly optimistic here. This is "SMALL RE-RUN IN PRODUCTION NOW !!!". The key word there is "SMALL" (caps by Joe, not me). And really, my opinion doesn't matter. If you like the game, awesome. Enjoy it.

1 week later
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats a big price increase for an LE....

What do you expect with all the dickheads putting their used Premium and LE games (I'm not just speaking of Wonka) up for $2k-$8K profits!?! Stern sees that and says to themselves that money has been left on the table. Simply supply-side economics. Greed begets greed.

#36 2 years ago

Manufacturers are watching everything out there. People paying crazy prices not only have them raising prices but also re running older titles instead of focusing on bringing new products to market.
Lazy meet Greed. Greed Meet Lazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 64.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-wonka-s?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.