BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 6 years ago

If they can bring the prices down further then I may be interested in a remake. I still see them as priced way too high for much inferior quality.

In particular, their playfield quality is not good.

I was at Logans Arcade in Chicago yesterday and the AFMr there is pretty poor pf condition (even for the number of plays it gets there).

I like the new addition of larger and better dots with AFMr and see that as a nice selling point but still dont see the math adding up on some of the easy to obtain and cheaper titles in original format with better quality.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

So PPS has all the rights to the old bally/williams games? Do they separately have the rights to the Capcom games or were those acquired by Bally/Williams back in the day?

Sounds like they DONT have any rights for Capcom, just like they dont have all the rights for B/W.

It seems the general strategy is just to start rumors that they do and then bluff with letters for C&D to people.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The AFMr at Logans Arcade is one of the prototypes. If I am wrong could some one please correct me. I am a Stern fan but if you compare the Stern shooter lanes in the Arcade, they have much more wear and chipping than AFRr, guaranteed the Sterns have much less plays. I believe that CGC playfields and cabinets are the best in the business. Look at all the pre 2015 Stern playfield and cabinets. Absolutely beautiful. Demand is forcing playfield manufacturers to put 3 coats of clear on each playfield making the playfield more prone to chipping and showing the scratches a lot more. CGC quality is second to none and they are definitely the benchmark. I jumped to the same incorrect conclusions at the start. While we were in the USA we had a really good look at the remakes. We are definitely in for AFMr, MMr and MBr. We are going to sell much loved machines (HS2 & AVLE) to fit them in our collection.

I asked a local, regular, and he said it was not a prototype. He said the had a proto but a few months ago it was swapped out for a production game. the scoop was more trahed than our AFM original that has been on route formlikely most of its life over the past twenty years. CGC is far fron the benchmark. Overall they are an unproven emmulation boardset, for sure using a softer wood in the playfields, it splitters instead of compressing and wears quicker it appears, and they need to make some improvements in overal quality if they are not reducing prices.

I fully understand that the have a viable market for many people that want a classic but don't want to learn how to work on games and are buying new with the understanding that the are compromising on the quality and collectibility of the original. HOwever, for me the prices need to come down for me to be interested.

MB the can probably sell at the same price as AFMr, but besides that they are running out of high priced originals to leverage the inflated market based prices Imo.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think you are looking at a different game than the rest of us are.

Nope, it was a remake... game was at logans hardware and it was just yesterday.

It was rough and I was comparing it to originals in the same row of games. AFM looked worse than the pther A title originals which likely have 20 years worth of similar play on them"

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I heard on a certain podcast......that the guys making Python's Circus machine.....are going to make Kingpin. I dont know much validity there is in that.

They are. Basicallyit sounds like pinball circus is the pet project and to fund it KP will be made which will obviously sell very well.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. A little early to proclaim "CGC quality is second to none and they are definitely the benchmark" (pinballaddicted's comment).
AFMr is my first CGC product. Aesthetically, AFMr is beautiful and the packaging is awesome (topper, blades, armor, display). No complaints (and I still own a HEP AFM high-end original). My primary concern is the electronics and how AFMr plays. I've owned a lot of games over the years, and my first week of ownership hasn't been great (the game was built on 12/6/17).
My right flipper stopped working after 10-20 plays. Blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and right flipper was permanently engaged even without pressing "Start". Fuse apparently didn't protect the board...it was damaged somehow. New board and flipper solenoids being sent...should arrive tomorrow.
Before the flipper died, my flippers played wildly strong even dialed down to -23. Balls flying off wireforms. CGC was concerned the AC in my home was elevated (despite all my other games playing well). I bought a device to measure my AC 24/7...AC range is 116-120. Perfect.
The plunger and shooter lane were also wonky and needed to be dialed in to get the ball traveling in the right direction. Discussed in great detail on Pinside.
CGC has been incredibly responsive to my issues. From a warranty & support perspective, I believe they are best-in-class. This is a new pinball platform and I expect some bumps in the road...I just hope the architecture is sound and the new solenoid board solves my problems.
snaroff

well said.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you post pics?

sorry, I did not have camera on me when I was there. I am sure any of the locals that hang out there could grab some for you if they see this thread.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

walk into my gun sights

seems common with you...

Quoted from Mr68:

You are not alone as this ridiculous rumor has persisted on Pinside for years.

It does not take a genious to see that for EVERY remake (or vault) there have been people on the inside that leaked info. That info spreads among a group and the sales slowly ramp up. It happened for MM, it happened for IMv, it happened for AFM, and now it has obviously started for MB and BBB (and CC).

The word spreads to friends of firends in the know and they slowly sell off for top dollar before the remakes officially drop. That then encourages others that may not be in the know to also sell if they want to cash in (for fear that a trend of sales points to an imminent announcement).

Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton will be jumping up and down accusing me of all sorts of conspiracies.

I dont actually think you know squat from the inside (besides the likely next title as MB which seems to be the obvious and prevalent rumor). You like to think you do and play off of it, but it is pretty obvious that you just took a general wag that more remakes will be coming of the high dollar games that you owned and sold them off while the gettin was good. You have sold MG, CC, and BBB. You sold them all at top dollar and likely the height of the market. Pretty smart if you ask me, esp since you seem to be more burnt on stuff lately and looking to shake up the collection.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Just look at the top side and under side of a Fathom playfield, and then at AFMr - a 'simple' modern game that's been remade. Fathom has way fewer mechs, no toys, no ramps, no scoops, no wireforms. The ball always stays above the playfield, except in the trough. Not only is the BoM significantly lower, but assembly time (and thus costs) would be a lot lower. The engineering and board design cycle would also be hugely foreshortened - and that has certainly cost a lot of money for both MMr and AFMr.
There's a reason why TNA came to fruition so quickly, whitewood proto to production, aside from Danesi and Spooky's collective talents. Mechanically, it's a very simple game. If Scott had done his take on a SuperPin, it would have probably taken years to reach production.
If you then want to take a look at TZ (which some people want remade), you'll see how much higher the BoM and assembly costs would be than even a game as densely packed as MM, and what a mammoth task it'd be to re-engineer it all.
Also, I never said anything about purchase price, and I haven't seen anyone talk about sub $5000 prices, let alone $3500. I was talking about low cost to CGC (or whomever would be making it), thus lower risk and high potential profit margins (even at a lower asking price).

AFM > I count 17? coils/ mechs, no drop targets, 8 standups, 1 visor mech with 3 more standups, 1 VUK, 2 short and very cheap ramps and wireforms, and most stuff is just flair.

Fathom > I count 31? coils, with more controlled drops than you can shake a stick at, a spinner, 1 standup, and then a bunch of flair.

Just because a game is street level with no ramps does not make it cheap or easy to manufacture and wire.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Do you think a modern version would use 31 coils?

yeah, no other way to make controlled drops, saucer kickers, slings, flippers, etc... work, is there?

1 week later
#275 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

FYI: I Just inquired with Chicago Gaming Company and the warranty coverage on the secondary market and the warranty is voided if a pinball is purchased on the secondary market. Somewhat of a bummer, but thats what I expected, had to hear it form the horses mouth.

they have to say that...

luckily, literally anyone can sell/distribute these it seems so shoudl not be hard to get service on any game bought second hand that is within warranty time frame.

1 month later
#369 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The owner of planetary was on here saying it’s getting done guess that don’t mean anything

It really means absolutely nothing. His word is pretty much worthless based on all the things he has said in the past that have not come to fruition.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah, I've been thinking it's going to be MB also but I now regret it. I mean, the only reason I was tending to believe that was because 90% of Pinside keeps telling me Monster Bash is next. Monster Bash is next! Monster Bash is next!
Now I hope it's any title other than MB just to shut up Rumor Control.

Really? Seems to me like it has been pretty divided between MBr, CCr, or TOMr

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I might be late to the party here but what did he say that didn’t come to fruition?

honestly, too many to list.

Go search his post history. Lots of stuff about making this, that, or the other... all to turn out as false and just to try and convince people not to buy something.
Claims of remakes that years later are not on the horizon.
"Parts are getting made for game X"
Other stories that are not to be told publicly, but just ask the old timers at a show and they will tell you.

1 month later
#550 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kingpin should be #1.

100% agreed!

great theme from a great era!

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

In regards to BBB rights and Rick, don't forget Rick was able to C and D that guy who was making the neon BBB signs.

Mr persônality sending a C and D is completely different than him actually being able to enforce it.

Just sayin...

4 weeks later
#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I respectfully disagree and found BBB a very fun game with some of the best art and sounds ever. Very cool interactive toys too.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course, but I believe many people's expectations are set way too high before playing one. Because of the enormous price, most people cannot justify what they sell for and I believe that clouds their judgment somewhat. Not accusing you or anyone but I also believe jealousy subconsciously plays a role in some people not liking it.
It's not the greatest game ever but easily a top 100 and most likely a top 50, IMO. If they remake it, it will be the only title of the remakes that I'm interested in.

I agree, fun game. I just hope they update and balance the code to make more risk v reward.

3 weeks later
#891 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think there are plenty of games to remake.....how about Scared Stiff?

I was under the impression that this was hinted at with this online leak?

IMG_1458 (resized).JPGIMG_1458 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.