BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 6 years ago

I would love to just FIND a TAF that's not HUO or HEP restored and the owner wants $8k for it!

#188 6 years ago

Ha! I bet even THOse guys are collectors items!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. A little early to proclaim "CGC quality is second to none and they are definitely the benchmark" (pinballaddicted's comment).
AFMr is my first CGC product. Aesthetically, AFMr is beautiful and the packaging is awesome (topper, blades, armor, display). No complaints (and I still own a HEP AFM high-end original). My primary concern is the electronics and how AFMr plays. I've owned a lot of games over the years, and my first week of ownership hasn't been great (the game was built on 12/6/17).
My right flipper stopped working after 10-20 plays. Blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and right flipper was permanently engaged even without pressing "Start". Fuse apparently didn't protect the board...it was damaged somehow. New board and flipper solenoids being sent...should arrive tomorrow.
Before the flipper died, my flippers played wildly strong even dialed down to -23. Balls flying off wireforms. CGC was concerned the AC in my home was elevated (despite all my other games playing well). I bought a device to measure my AC 24/7...AC range is 116-120. Perfect.
The plunger and shooter lane were also wonky and needed to be dialed in to get the ball traveling in the right direction. Discussed in great detail on Pinside.
CGC has been incredibly responsive to my issues. From a warranty & support perspective, I believe they are best-in-class. This is a new pinball platform and I expect some bumps in the road...I just hope the architecture is sound and the new solenoid board solves my problems.
snaroff

Wow, that sucks. Let’s hope your game is unusual in this case.. I have heard their support is incredibly responsive and helpful (and I’m not just talking about Lloyd!)

1 week later
#292 6 years ago

Has CGC talked about doing an original? That would be news to me

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doug Skor at IAAPA said it's on the white board. ( It was reported here on Pinside )
LTG : )

Very cool! As we all know, pinball is easy! (It’s true! I read it in the deep root interview!!)

All signs point CGC knowing what the heck they’re doing. Awesome!

3 weeks later
#302 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

When this new remake will be revealed?

In March at the Texas Pinball Fest

1 week later
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Texas Pinball says they will take that bet, meaning it won't be Monster Bash after all. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here...

ToM was cropping up as a potential option. Makes sense, as it's not a licensed theme, but who knows...

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am buying bbb if made and several friends of mine with cash said they would also. lighten up, ever played scared stiff?

Man I hope they remake SS; they are
Getting expensive!!

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Maybe they’re just messing with you...

Good marketing!

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Dialed In will be a steady seller like WoZ. 2000 is pretty much a given now, and 4000 is possible - on an unlicensed title where the money is in the machine instead of the license.

Is WOZ still being actively produced? I want to get in on DI but one at a time .. lol

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Jack just re-upped the license last year for WoZ. He said he'll be making it "forever" and I don't disagree...

That is pretty amazing - I really wonder how many units they’ve sold by now.. bring back ECLE!!!

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

They could have sold much more simply by having a sexy woman instead of a dude stuck in the 90's with his shirt tucked into his pants. I really hope these pinball manufacturers don't cave to the politically correct pressures of recent years and not give us that eye candy that many pinheads like. Well at least Stern is holding out with Luci and Whoa Nellie.

I think that is probably true back in the day - but now, I could not possibly give less of a crap if there's a sexy woman on there. I (personally) care if the game is *fun*. That's not being "PC" (that doesn't mean anything), it's smart business. Why turn off the potential female and married buyers? Many (most?) of us are married and middle-aged now - I don't personally buy things based on whether or not there's a sexy lady on the cover! lol I would never buy a Nellie (so many vintage games are available) , but I would buy a very fun, packed NIB game - like DI or Houdini. Ok, MAYBE Maybe Elvira 3 ...

1 week later
#489 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The question is if PPS remakes a game with a polished code, will they also propose an updated rom for original?

Boy wouldn’t that be an interesting way to have it both ways. The remakes use a completely different codebase and CPU though; this may be difficult. Although I’ve heard there is some emulation afoot, so maybe it’s not too far out of reach..

2 weeks later
#516 6 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Ugh I can't wait for this announcement. I have been told by someone in the Chicago community that it is CC. But I sure hope it's MB.

about 6 months ago, someone posted this exact comment but said they are "sure it's MB" lol . This is crazy!

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Exactly, that is why the CD has got to go! The Universal Monsters were all introduced between the 1930s and 1950s. A vinyl record would fit the theme much, much better.

strangely enough vinyl wasn’t introduced until the 50s - records were generally made from shellac, but yeah they look the same

3 weeks later
#713 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Or a Jacob's ladder.

A true Jacob’s ladder would be super unsafe, and a Van De Graaf generator isn’t really super visually impressive unfortunately (unless they came up with a new way to use it!). You could fake it with EL wire, there are examples on YouTube

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I should have added a smiley face to my post.

Aaaah... I see what you
Did there

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The shadow knows.

Oooooh!! Is that a clue?!?!

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems pretty safe to me:

Unless you were thinking of this, in which case fair point:

lol!!

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I sold my Met Prem to make space for MBr, which in my opinion is a better game. Met is fun but the theme and lack of humor left me a little cold. I also love the build quality of the CGC machines.

WOW. MB is one of my all-time faves (yeah yeah the rules are shallow, which is a problem only if you own 1 game), but even I would think twice about this! Way to go man, balls out!

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Why do so many assume code will be updated/improved on certain remakes? They haven't touched code thus far on the others.
Seems like wishful thinking that just cause the code sucks on a hopeful remake, that they will make it better.
That being said, if BBBr comes out and they leave it alone, I see that game becoming known as a dud. Its really not that great of a player. What made it cool was the rarity and story behind the rerun Gene did.

Code “upgrades” are not as easy on older games as they are on say, a newer Stern or JJP. Changes to code would require access to the original code (the actual code before it was compiled and written to each chip, or a kickout in the emulator that detects a very specific situation (which has to be exactly the same each time) and then runs a separate branch of newer code, and returns exactly to the game but skipping the “old” section. This is hard. Seems unlikely.

#854 6 years ago

No announcement at MGC? That is not good news

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. Just like how Stern not announcing Maiden at TPF was a gigantic blunder from which the company will never recover from. And how JJP's reveal at Expo last year turned out to be a huge triumph with no bad side effects.
People need to stop fetishing pinball show announcements. Frankly, they aren't that important, as is proven time and time again.

I guess I didn't mean "OMGTHESKYISFALLING!!" but it isn't good news. Not bad news either, I suppose - I'm sure game 3 is still coming.

No doubt you're right the announcement thing can backfire- but CGC DID make a big deal about announcing at TPF (which maybe they shouldn't have done?) and now everybody's waiting for the other shoe (or is it the first shoe in this case?) to drop

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
They will announce when they are ready to blow you away. Not before.

Copy that!

2 weeks later
#875 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

JPOP haters do tend to swarm unconditionally when suggestions are made to re-make games the maligned designer created in the glory days, but it remains likely that his three big aesthetic gems from the 90's are being seriously considered by CGC in their promise to add six or seven titles to the re visitation series launched by buffo re-creations of MM and AFM. If the 7K to 9K price range posed as a prime consideration for Rick and company to proceed, and the Top 25 to Top 30 of pinside rankings are factored in, JPOP's three biggies are surely posed for resurrection. We can all guess as to what the order could/should look like, and at age 63 I hope I'll still around to see it all happen, but here is a slight revision of what I posted on another thread:
1. Monster Bash (announcement will be made on this title any day now and the speculation is it will be spectacular)
2. Cactus Canyon (based on commentary and seeming order likelihood; re-coded to boot) March 2019 announcement.
3. Big Bang Bar (A collector's dream, a seeming no-brainer and destined to be big in the homes) 2020 announcement
4. Theatre of Magic (has been officially named by Rick as highly likely, so looking to hear it announced in March 2021.
Then we assume things get tricky.....
There would seem to be great interest among collectors for THESE machines all of which fall within the re-make parameters:
Cirqus Voltaire
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Kingpin
White Water
The Addams Family
The Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones
Creature from the Black Lagoon (yes it is fast approaching the price point at least in excellent condition)
This is all in a fantasy realm but conceivably could come to pass if not quite as precisely.

Hell I’d buy a CV, especially if JPop doesn’t get a cent out of it.

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we think there is any reasonable possibility of Twilight Zone being remade?
Obviously the BOM would be high and it’s far more complex than the ones listed in the title of this thread so it would be behind all of them.

It just seems like so much of a risk compared to the others mentioned - far greater production numbers, high BOM, and not as many recent pinsiders (note: my only metric for this point) seem to be as high on it as others. I don't get that. TZ is still my #1 even though I don't play it as often as the other pins.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I think TZ commanded 3 separate licenses,.

It is at least 2 - I know for sure “twilight zone” the name and show themes are from CBS, Rod Serling likeness and voice match actor (performed by Mark Silverman) are separate. The third must be for the music..

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's a synthesized version of Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone"
» YouTube video

I was actually thinking of the 2nd season twilight zone music (the well-known one - first season has different music by Lalo Schifrin). Geez that’s 4 licenses!

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

They need to install Rush's version of "Twilight Zone".....

Or Maiden’s!

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Maiden?
I guess I'm showing my age here....LOL

There’s a “Twilight Zone” song on their second album - it’s not actually a Twilight Zone episode, more like their idea of what one might be. A dead boyfriend tries to come back to his girl and he’s trapped in the “twilight zone” so he can’t get to her. Not one of their better songs from a musical standpoint, frankly. The rest of that album is a knockout though.

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

So curious, if they announced Monster Bash is next this week, when do you think it would start shipping out?

People have speculated that it would ship only a few weeks after they announce

1 week later
#936 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Guys always grab the LE,s to make money,kinda like Kiss but the game sucks, if Iron maiden turns out to be a turd you,ll see

I think you’re safe in the Iron Maiden department ..

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Not at all saying its a turd but I was underwhelmed with the LE gameplay. The ball often was not sensed in the sarcophagus lock, the lifting of the ramp was not anything special. It seemed like the added features slowed the game play down. When I played the pro it thought it was a much better offering for the price. The added features hindered game play not accentuated it.

Copy that. May be worth saving the $1k or so!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.