BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If they can bring the prices down further then I may be interested in a remake. I still see them as priced way too high for much inferior quality.
In particular, their playfield quality is not good.
I was at Logans Arcade in Chicago yesterday and the AFMr there is pretty poor pf condition (even for the number of plays it gets there).
I like the new addition of larger and better dots with AFMr and see that as a nice selling point but still dont see the math adding up on some of the easy to obtain and cheaper titles in original format with better quality.

The AFMr at Logans Arcade is one of the prototypes. If I am wrong could some one please correct me. I am a Stern fan but if you compare the Stern shooter lanes in the Arcade, they have much more wear and chipping than AFRr, guaranteed the Sterns have much less plays. I believe that CGC playfields and cabinets are the best in the business. Look at all the pre 2015 Stern playfield and cabinets. Absolutely beautiful. Demand is forcing playfield manufacturers to put 3 coats of clear on each playfield making the playfield more prone to chipping and showing the scratches a lot more. CGC quality is second to none and they are definitely the benchmark. I jumped to the same incorrect conclusions at the start. While we were in the USA we had a really good look at the remakes. We are definitely in for AFMr, MMr and MBr. We are going to sell much loved machines (HS2 & AVLE) to fit them in our collection.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. A little early to proclaim "CGC quality is second to none and they are definitely the benchmark" (pinballaddicted's comment).
AFMr is my first CGC product. Aesthetically, AFMr is beautiful and the packaging is awesome (topper, blades, armor, display). No complaints (and I still own a HEP AFM high-end original). My primary concern is the electronics and how AFMr plays. I've owned a lot of games over the years, and my first week of ownership hasn't been great (the game was built on 12/6/17).
My right flipper stopped working after 10-20 plays. Blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and right flipper was permanently engaged even without pressing "Start". Fuse apparently didn't protect the board...it was damaged somehow. New board and flipper solenoids being sent...should arrive tomorrow.
Before the flipper died, my flippers played wildly strong even dialed down to -23. Balls flying off wireforms. CGC was concerned the AC in my home was elevated (despite all my other games playing well). I bought a device to measure my AC 24/7...AC range is 116-120. Perfect.
The plunger and shooter lane were also wonky and needed to be dialed in to get the ball traveling in the right direction. Discussed in great detail on Pinside.
CGC has been incredibly responsive to my issues. From a warranty & support perspective, I believe they are best-in-class. This is a new pinball platform and I expect some bumps in the road...I just hope the architecture is sound and the new solenoid board solves my problems.
snaroff

Hey Snaroff. CGC is Churchill. Churchill have been making pinball cabinets and pinball playfields for over 60 years. They have been making playfields and cabinets for longer that I have been alive. So yes I strongly believe "CGC quality is second to none and they are definitely the benchmark". We were lucky enough to have a tour of their factory recently. They are strongly committed to pinball and the hobby. I am sure that they will get on top of your issue. We are really looking forward to getting our AFMr in the next week. How companies resolve issues is what makes them!

Happy Flipping!

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I appreciate the history and understand your enthusiasm!
Just to be clear...the cabinet and PF rocks! It's the electronics that I'm having a problem with
fwiw, I found other references to the *exact* same problem happening on MMr's one year ago - flipper/board death after 50 plays or so (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-mmr-keeps-blowing-fuse-solenoid-driver-board). I also know it's happened on other AFMr's. Since the solenoid board failures aren't new, it would be useful to know why the boards can fail so quickly (does CGC do board level testing prior to installation?).
Despite CGC's responsiveness, it's hard to be 100% jazzed when the game is unplayable so soon after receiving it. I'm sure you can understand.
The board & flipper coils should arrive Friday...just in time for holiday visitors. Look forward to flipping again...
snaroff

Hey Snaroff. Good luck with it all, I sincerely wish you all the best and I totally understand. Having a brand new machine unplayable is extremely frustrating. That has happened to us more than once.

I can tell you CGC test cycle every machine for at least 3 hours which should catch any manufacturing or electronic issues. Obviously not as there have been a few issues. As a business man, I like to personally meet any person that I am going to do business with. We purposely went to Churchill to meet them as we are seriously considering buying nearly every remake they produce. I shook the mans hand and felt confident that he would be there to resolve any issues that we would have with his machines. This is far more important to me than buying a machine. Please let us know how everything turns out.

Good luck!

5 months later
#944 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are these stats publicly available somewhere? No reason to question them, just curious where they come from.

I think this is speculation from the serial numbers. We got a MMr a few weeks ago and the serial number was 1700ish. If you add the 1000 LEs, according to the serial numbers 2700ish have been produced by CGC. Same for AFMr.

1 month later
#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

They did for FarSight though?

CGC can remake TAF if they want to. This is no secret and has been mentioned by them publicly more than once. CGC are just unsure of the market as there were so many originals made and plenty are still around. If CGC remade a TAF we would buy one and I am sure there would be plenty more.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This may be their thought process but I never really got it. Sure there are lots of TAF and IJ around, but they still sell for a serious chunk of change, suggesting that demand is very high for them, since even a supply of 10k or whatever cannot keep prices below $6k. Wouldn’t you rather remake a game with demonstrated high demand where your 1,000 remakes will only increase supply by 10%, vs something like CC where pricing is very much a function of low supply and your remake will seriously inflate the supply side of the equation?

I agree with you. I hope that CGC remake TAF and I do believe that there is quite a large market for that machine world wide. I believe if CGC remade TAF this would be their biggest selling game, outselling MMr and AFMr. I feel that CCC is too risky for CGC and they are better off to remake more popular titles like TOTAN and TOM first.

1 week later
#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Well...that's pinside I guess

He is probably just making that up!

1 year later
#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TZ and IJ, being widebody, and huge licenses, probably never.
TOM, and CC look to be in the works.

Hopefully Totan is next!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.