BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#301 6 years ago

When this new remake will be revealed?

1 week later
#324 6 years ago

BBB is the only one I would consider to buy a remake and if the code is polished .
Don’t care about any else

#356 6 years ago

Where are moderators? Please.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I hope they remake SS; they are
Getting expensive!!

SS is nice but turd game. It needs a big polished and tweaked code to make it right. This is the only way to justify the remade game range price

#465 6 years ago

So most of us are on the BBB remake list...

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

(CC/BBB/MB are the next rumored victims). .

I need to know the order please.

1 week later
#479 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Go original!!!

If PPS improves the code, you can keep overpriced original (whatever the game)

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am starting to think this way as well

except BBB...the only one i'm considering to buy with a polished code.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I own a BBB and never thought the code was unfinished. What needs to be addressed?

In my opinion, some mods are weak.

#488 6 years ago

The question is if PPS remakes a game with a polished code, will they also propose an updated rom for original?

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Did they do any updates for AFM or MM? I can see PPS trying to acquire the CCC if/when they decide for the remake. The work is already done there.

AFM and mM codes are completed, no improvement needed.
This is not the same for CC and BBB. I’m also sure that Tom and totan owners would love to get an updates.
CCC is not in the feeling of original game, that is what I can hear here and there

2 weeks later
#497 6 years ago

so...and the winner will be?

#501 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

MBr seems to be the consensus. That’s what I’m hoping for too. We shall soon see!

don't know if consensus is the right word... would say logical after MM and AFM
However if this is MBr it wouldn't be the most useful choice right now, not as much as CC or BBB.
just my 2 cents.
I'm more impatient for a revealed game than a released game!

#503 6 years ago

Message on Facebook from manufacturer:

« Like a fine wine, a pinball is not done till it’s done. We have elected to delay the introduction of Pinball #3. Originally we were scheduled to introduce our next pin at the Texas Pinball Festival in Dallas, Texas on March 16-18th. Additional features are being added while deploying some newer technologies. While we know this will disappoint a few people, we are confident that once they see the final product that they will be blown away. Chicago Gaming will still be present at the Texas Pinball Festival regardless. More information on PIN # 3 in the weeks to come »

It is disappointing..
Anyways it sounds more CC or BBB than MB that seems to me a completed game.

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe, or maybe they're messing around with the color display, or a new topper, or something else? It's all tea leaves at this point. My $$ is still on MB, it just seems like the safest choice for their next game with the lowest cost to implement.

Color display? If you mean LCD display maybe you are right but color display they already did it right with MM and AFM.
It sounds more gameplay code enhancement.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only one that really matters on the remake list. And the better game between BBB and it. Whoever does it, I hope they do it right - finish out the code and colorize it.

Who has already played it?
Hard to say KP is a great game

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

A lot of speculation from people here, and I'm going to add to Paul's reply (which really outlines our core operating principles as a company quite nicely!)
When you approach a manufacturer, one of the largest concerns is tooling costs. This isn't just the cost of the tools to make the parts, but whats the setup and tear down time that the manufacturer incurs for producing the game (like training the assembly personnel, QA checks, etc). Putting a game out like Pinball Circus was really really difficult. We worked tirelessly just to build the first prototype of it, which many of you have seen. It was on a brand new hardware platform, and I had to rewrite all the software from scratch. Paul and James had to figure out how to assemble some very complex and very unique mechanical assemblies just to get the game to work. Don't even get me started on the wireforms. That game had some of the most complex wireform assemblies of ANY pinball machine ever. You can't just walk up to a manufacturer and tell them to build it, especially without a pretty decent minimum order.
The game we've been working on now for TPF (still tirelessly) has mostly standard pinball parts in it. The BOM is much more clearly defined, and the tooling costs, assembly setup/teardown costs are likely much more reasonable for this game. That makes it a lot easier to go to manufacturers since they're already tooled up to make machines of this form factor. We then use the increased demand for this game to build out our manufacturing network, which lowers costs for us and you, which we can then leverage to do more complex games in the future.
Everyone here that claims its not a smart move doesn't have any skin in the game. We're proud of that, we've never risked any of YOUR money, its been our own money, time, etc. That is a bedrock principle in how we'll continue to operate.
Come see us at TPF, you won't be disappointed.
Back to working on code for the game...
-- Jimmy

so you confirm you are working on the Kingpin remake?

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

One very important difference. They all took money to fund the development of the games. We have not, nor will we, take preorders to fund the development of the games.

an idea of when you expect to built this Kingpin remake?

#662 6 years ago

CGC was talking about new technology...could it be P3-Roc system?

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just talked to CGC and All AFM LE are sold except for 1 and it is here at TPF in the pinball pro booth. Not bad sales plus all the standard and se sales.

3 reasons about remake succes:
- people are nostalgic of this era
- many games of this era feel unfinished and it is a pity
- manufacturer make these remakes right with new technology ( LCD screen, new system more reliable...)

1 week later
#697 6 years ago

Well, after the greeeaaat teaser of Iron Maiden revealing, it is CGC’ s turn. Does anyone know when it could be?
Thanks

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would guess within a month.
LTG : )

I hope it will be BBBr

2 weeks later
#733 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But all the speculation won't change CGC's planned release.

As me.
I mean i’m only interested in BBBr and so only would buy this one, even if the next is finally a MBr or CCr with an awesome topper, new technology...

If companies revealed their building pinball planning for the incoming year, it could allow buyers to save money, sell some pins to fund a wealthy year or not. I do not think it would create a negative sales outlook as artwork, layout, conception team, gameplay are still determining factors for the sale of a game.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Why are people getting so worked up for over-rated, shallow rule set, 20+ year old crap?!!
So much deeper and superior new stuff out there to spend your money on.

It depends on what kind of player you are. Too much complexe rules kill the game sometimes.
And CGC said that games remake could have code updates if needed.
Despite all new games I still love my MM and is still my favorite

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am tired of waiting as well, however I can't complain. I just continue to have my money and current machine trade ready just hoping and hoping so much that it is Monster Bash!!!!!

i hope you do not consider to trade your Met pro with MBr...coz i can tell you that you are wrong. MB is a fun game and humorous but rules are shallow and get boring quickly. Met is way better imho
i have one nice original MB and it is ready to be sold to fund either BBBr or/and Wooly

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I sold my Met Prem to make space for MBr, which in my opinion is a better game. Met is fun but the theme and lack of humor left me a little cold. I also love the build quality of the CGC machines.

i do not like Met theme either, that is not appealing humour factor by the way.

but, in my opinion, the game and ruleset are way better. and i was answering to that pinball fellow that has a single machine and so i advise him to keep his met pro for lastability. just my 2 cents. However, MB is an A game and then MBr will be too. Just hope BBBr before! (it would mean that you did it well in advance to sell your game!)

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Yeah, I know that Metallica goes deeper into play, but I honestly just love Monster Bash so much. I am a huge Universal Monsters fan so that probably makes me a little bias too. I have probably spent like over 300 hours playing Monster Bash on Pinballarcade(where usually in digital pinball, I play a game for like 2 to 10 hours total before I start getting bored of it)and have never gone bored at all. Just love the game so much, even after hitting the milestone of Monsters of Rock on the machine, I will still be obsessed with just continuing to always go for a new high score.

So MB or MBr is for you...and hope code could be updated. That would be great for all who love this game.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My brothers friends neighbor knows a guy he works with that said his neighbor heard his mailman say its probably MBr or possibly Lloyds Clown game. 50-50

Can we trust him?

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Why do so many assume code will be updated/improved on certain remakes? They haven't touched code thus far on the others.

coz it has already been said by Rick

Quoted from PPS:

As for code updates for any remakes, sure, it can be done, will depend on the specific game and the specific issues, and what approach to fix them or make them better and improve the overall game. We've compiled game code, so this is not a super big deal (i'm sure it's more of a big deal to make changes and ensure that it doesn't break something else), but that is all within Chicago Gaming role to figure out what it takes to make a great remake.
rick

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I own BBB , and I totally agree. Of all the games in my collection , BBB is the least played, the biggest snooze. As in, it’s boring. It’s a 1 ramp game, folks. People new to the house will be drawn to the BBB for its rarity, play 1 game, and generally compLete all the modes in their first game. As in, beat the game in their first 3 balls. I don’t understand people wanting this pin for the gameplay. The game isn’t that great or deep, guys, it’s popular because of the back story and rarity.

why so many people enjoy MB? CV or SS...
these games are less challenging than BBB in my opinion.
you need to complete mode to get wizard mode in BBB if i don't make a mistake...not so easy

BBB has a great theme and the best, yes i said THE BEST ramp ever made with just 5 diverters if i'm not wrong...and the artwork playfield and cabinet with black light decals are awesome.

this game deserve a code update on some mods, why not an LCD development and it could be a top 10 game for sure.

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think we are a LONG way away from CGC actually writing new game code for games (ie improving). Sure they can squash some original bugs, or make basic changes like lighting, etc. But actual NEW code that adds modes/features to the games? I don't think so. Regardless of how it turns out, can you imagine the backlash from actually changing "classic" games? Sure there are some exceptions out there, such as CCC, but that wasn't done by a pinball manufacturer. I don't think there's any way they risk changing any classic games other than very minor stuff.

It has sense to make code update for games that need it.
What is the risk? Selling more?

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Read what Rick typed again and tell me what it actually means (hint: it means absolutely nothing!)
It's just sales/marketing speak. Sure a lot of stuff COULD happen, but I highly doubt it.

ok each comment may be subject of interpretation, speculation...as when Doug said they were working on new technology.
But manufacturer and distributors are in the same boat and I think if they want to make more money so more sales the best way is to update games code.

#814 5 years ago

I won’t deny that a ramp that redirects to 5 locations is very cool. But this brings me to another point. These BBB games are absolutely gorgeous. There is no mistaking these for a Capcom manufactured game. The cab, the clearcoat, the anodizing, the wiring. These machines are built as if it were one mans life dream to do so. Gorgeous. For a game about chasing women and trying to ‘get lucky’ at a alien stripper bar, it’s a lot to live up to.
Who is the target audience for this type of theme and humor in 2019? Lol. I better shut up.

Easy. Pinball players!
Seriously, Sex, horror, science fiction, space... are just timeless themes.

#819 5 years ago

The great white male isn’t the only demo in pinball these days. I don’t know what it’s like in France, but sex and harassment in the workplace are sore topics in the USA these days. And so is exploitation of women, prostitution, alien trafficking. Lol. It’s a hot little title, that’s for sure. But how many rooms are going to want to hear these kinds of call outs all day? Lol. I’m shutting up before I get banned,

I think that you are too much in the reflection, in the transposition of the problems of society. It is just a game, a pinball machine. And It just seems to me that many more games are more explicit and irreverent than BBB.

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Please not BBB. I already have Iron Maiden and Toy Story to buy, I don't think my bank account can handle a third game right now!

Toy story...DVD or Blu-ray?

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yeah, do not remake BBB. (And only to help out Hammerhead's finances and not because I already own a BBB.)

Not nice for others who wanna it.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Officially speculated to an unconfirmed unofficial announcement made from a disgruntled employee.
In other words. Yeah it's next.

In this business, always accept a request for a salary increase

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

After spending time at MGC and talking with CGC people. I can now alert the masses that Punchy The Clown R, sadly, is not on the remake list.
While I still don't know the title. I can safely say Arturo was more excited than anyone I've ever seen about a pinball machine, when he talked about it.
Being on the operating end of things. Seeing someone so excited. Means a lot to me and what the game will do for my business.

He didn’t tell you when they thought to reveal it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.