BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KozMckPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

This may be a dumb question but how do they develop remakes? Is there design specs or do they get a sample pin and reverse engineer it? If they have to get an original pin that might make it difficult for really rare pins. Kingpin sounds like a really cool pin but isn't there like less than 10 of them out there?

They have Bally Williams IP, drawings, parts specs etc.

1 week later
#277 6 years ago

My prediction is

2018 MBr
2019 CCr
2020 IJr

2 months later
#689 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

In 23 years anything can happen to any machine or company for that matter. It sounds like we will all be on fusion power generation by then....

Or back to '85, flux capacitance.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Flux capacitance wasn't the power source, though. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had to steal plutonium from the Libyans. I'm waiting for my Mr. Fusion to ship.

Not the power source but the storage and delivery system. 1.21 giga-watts!

#696 6 years ago

yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.

If you are a pinballer and looking for new remakes, we have the machine for you. CGC will be re-making Eddy Current. That's a remake of Brian Eddy's newest pinball machine for 2019, in 2020. It will have neutron balls, and diverting pathways. If you like to scoop, there will be 2 of those. Take a trip on the orbit and get one today when it's 2020.

stefon_snl (resized).jpgstefon_snl (resized).jpg

1 month later
#896 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

JPOP haters do tend to swarm unconditionally when suggestions are made to re-make games the maligned designer created in the glory days, but it remains likely that his three big aesthetic gems from the 90's are being seriously considered by CGC in their promise to add six or seven titles to the re visitation series launched by buffo re-creations of MM and AFM. If the 7K to 9K price range posed as a prime consideration for Rick and company to proceed, and the Top 25 to Top 30 of pinside rankings are factored in, JPOP's three biggies are surely posed for resurrection. We can all guess as to what the order could/should look like, and at age 63 I hope I'll still around to see it all happen, but here is a slight revision of what I posted on another thread:
1. Monster Bash (announcement will be made on this title any day now and the speculation is it will be spectacular)
2. Cactus Canyon (based on commentary and seeming order likelihood; re-coded to boot) March 2019 announcement.
3. Big Bang Bar (A collector's dream, a seeming no-brainer and destined to be big in the homes) 2020 announcement
4. Theatre of Magic (has been officially named by Rick as highly likely, so looking to hear it announced in March 2021.
Then we assume things get tricky.....
There would seem to be great interest among collectors for THESE machines all of which fall within the re-make parameters:
Cirqus Voltaire
Tales of the Arabian Nights
t
White Water
The Addams Family
The Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones
Creature from the Black Lagoon (yes it is fast approaching the price point at least in excellent condition)
This is all in a fantasy realm but conceivably could come to pass if not quite as precisely.

IJ will be the 2020 release IMO. The lesser titles might be concurrent release not just one at a time I bet.

2 months later
#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What's the likelihood of seeing a TAF remake?
Seems to me it would make money hand over fist, the residual values are very high (if not appreciating) and it's a theme pretty much everyone has an affinity for.
I realise FarSight had issues with licensing Christopher Lloyd and the actor who played Pugsley, but apparently that was money related rather than a flat no.
Wouldn't they easily sell thousands of TAF remakes?

My opinion is that PP/CGC will take a look at how the remakes are selling, how many, and project the acceptable volume to remakes that can make those numbers. I think they've already been doing that, but if they can make say 1000 or 1500 machines be profitable, then they could take a look at some pins that they may have overlooked. I think if 1000-1500 is the sweet spot, TAF and IJ are possible remakes. They were probably overlooked in he past because of big original run number of machines made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 11.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KozMckPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc?tu=KozMckPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.