BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
#1 6 years ago

No more need for speculation, Planetary Pinball to remake Monster Bash, Theatre of Magic, Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon and maybe others. Start saving, selling etc.

IMG_0306 (resized).jpgIMG_0306 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

What would a TOMr cost?

#4 6 years ago

you knew this would happen, too much money not too.

#5 6 years ago

Gary ain't liking this.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What would a TOMr cost?

The problem was that people were literally thanking pps for only charging 7k for amr, it will be hard to bring the price down with that attitude.

#7 6 years ago

This is still "old" news and just a recap of what was posted on the PPS forum a few years ago.
I mean come on people. It's not a matter of "IF" it's a matter of "WHEN" MB, CC, TOM, CV, TOTAN, BBB will be remade.

#8 6 years ago

2018-Everything's coming up Milhouse!

#9 6 years ago

It was said a long time ago there was ~10 games in the pipe. It doesn't take a genius to put a list of probables together.

#10 6 years ago

I might need to buy a TOMr. Wonder how much too.

#11 6 years ago

How is MB always on the list of "likely" remakes since it is a licensed product?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

How is MB always on the list if "likely" remakes since it is a licensed product?

This has been addressed. Those universal monsters are amongst the cheapest things to license.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This has been addressed. Those universal monsters are amongst the cheapest things to license.

Gotcha. Thanks.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

How is MB always on the list if "likely" remakes since it is a licensed product?

It's a cheap and easy license to get.

#15 6 years ago

Would that make BBB the only machine made by 3 completely different manufacturers?

#16 6 years ago

Regardless of likely or not, 2 remakes have already been produced and the 3rd is progressing. All good just gives people more options. They appear to be a solid company so let the cards fall where they may...

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Regardless of likely or not, 2 remakes have already been produced and the 3rd is progressing. All good just gives people more options. They appear to be a solid company so let the cards fall where they may...

Was the third one that is being produced now announced yet?

#18 6 years ago

Not too far away according PPS

#19 6 years ago

Could Kingpin actually happen? A remake that really would be new to the market.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Gary ain't liking this.

Guessing Jack will play them, but he won't like them....

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Was the third one that is being produced now announced yet?

I think it's going to be announced at Texas Pinball Festival in March.

#22 6 years ago

It's great to see the large display become a regular feature! Probably the best display in pinball right now!

#23 6 years ago

Nothing new here, MB announced in March and then probably CC. CC will have to have updated code in my opinion.

#24 6 years ago

I'm still thinking ToM first, then MB and then CC.

John

#25 6 years ago

MB is definitely next. BBB is going to be interesting if it's slightly redesigned for Bally Williams parts.

#26 6 years ago

Looking forward to updated TOTAN code when it's released! With updated code and big display like AFMr, will buy!

You can tell what the next release is by how many ads of that game you see flooding the pinside market. Serious collectors are connected and those involved spill info of next release and then they sell so they don't lose as much as those that are less connected. Insider pin trading of a sort.

#27 6 years ago

Not sure that is definitive when naming those pins as likely candidates. We already know there are many more remakes planned so no surprise on some of those pins suggested.

#28 6 years ago

...but is it a "remake" if they add/fix things??? So far the additions have been limited to non-gameplay affecting items such as improved lighting/current tech boards/displays/powderplating/toppers. Why stop at adding code to CC & TOTAN, why not put in the 3rd magnet on TZ, realistic looking shots on TAF (blue bookcase I'm looking at you), etc????

#29 6 years ago

I hope it's MB and it's 7k. I'm in for sure.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Could Kingpin actually happen? A remake that really would be new to the market.

I thought I heard a rumour that the guys remaking Pinball Circus are doing Kingpin as their next game?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

You can tell what the next release is by how many ads of that game you see flooding the pinside market. Serious collectors are connected and those involved spill info of next release and then they sell so they don't lose as much as those that are less connected. Insider pin trading of a sort.

Sorry but this is total BS. That is an imaginative rumor that people love to believe but it just isn't so. The few people who get real insider information, on certain titles, from different select manufacturers, are not organised or even be the same people.

There is no pinball Star Chamber or serious collector Bat Phone.

- Carry on Pinside.

#32 6 years ago

Sounds like a no brainer.

Why BBB? That's only popular because it's rare? Doesn't seem to fit the list of other remakes...

#33 6 years ago

so you will probably lose money if you currently own these and paid thru the roof. on the bright side look at all the money you will save buying cc or bbb and get nib!

#34 6 years ago

no more speculation other than I said that the list can change ... lol

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I said that the list can change

So.........MB followed by CC followed by TZ followed by IJ followed by AF followed by CV followed by TOM followed by....

I can dream right

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

no more speculation other than I said that the list can change ... lol

BIG BANG BAR is the biggest no brainer of them all will sell the best

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

BIG BANG BAR is the biggest no brainer

BBB would be great but I would rather have a King Pin first

Bring back King Pin.jpgBring back King Pin.jpg

#38 6 years ago

The challenge I have with IJ/TAF/TZ is that there were so many games produced ... great games nonetheless ...

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The challenge I have with IJ/TAF/TZ is that there were so many games produced ... great games nonetheless

We had this discussion Rick in another thread and they would sell very well. Yes they made a considerable amount of them, but there are not very many nice examples left in the wild and the restores are getting too pricey. I think you would be surprised with what the mainstream would want. I know lots of high end collectors that would like a pristine example that they do not have to bother fixing all the time. Buying new under warranty is a huge plus with the Williams/Bally classics. If licensing is not an issue you should consider them.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The challenge I have with IJ/TAF/TZ is that there were so many games produced ... great games nonetheless ...

A TZ and IJ remake would probably be over $10k too considering how much is in them, lol.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

No more need for speculation, Planetary Pinball to remake Monster Bash, Theatre of Magic, Big Bang Bar, Cactus Canyon and maybe others. Start saving, selling etc.

In the future.. if you are going to cite/quote something... please actually link to the actual content (and in this case.. quote it) we don't need mobile screencaps.

Second, don't overstate what the actual content is... this post from Rick is essentially the same they have been saying from the start... with the only difference is after AFM being done successfully people think CGC has a chance at actually making more than MMR.

Third - don't start another thread that is essentially the same content that is already being discussed in the source thread.

This clickbait needs to die...

#42 6 years ago

BIG BANG BAR

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Why BBB? That's only popular because it's rare?

Being rare is only one part of the reason why people want BBB. It is also very expensive and people want something for nothing...

That said, BBB has some of the very best artwork ever on a pinball machine along with fun music and wonderful, double entendre call outs. It's the only production, adult theme game ever made that I know of and I find it fun and funny. (The theme is an outer space singles bar. Big Bang, get it?

And despite what jealous people who never owned one say, it's damn fun to play with satisfying shots and action. (Not directed at you guyincognito)

Is it the greatest game ever? Hell no, not even close. But it holds it's own very well in a collection and I recommend it. (Hint: There is no greatest game ever)

To make my point (and brag I suppose). I just sold my Big Bang Bar 3 or 4 weeks ago after owning it NIB since 2007. If Planetary and Chicago Gaming remake BBB for $7 or 8K, I will almost certainly become a first time customer for them.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Quoted from pinmister:

We had this discussion Rick in another thread and they would sell very well. Yes they made a considerable amount of them, but there are not very many nice examples left in the wild and the restores are getting too pricey. I think you would be surprised with what the mainstream would want. I know lots of high end collectors that would like a pristine example that they do not have to bother fixing all the time. Buying new under warranty is a huge plus with the Williams/Bally classics. If licensing is not an issue you should consider them.

Agree 110% with Pinmister, if you look at the prices of a IJ/TAF/TZ in very nice condition on the market right now they are bringing as much as pins of which there where one fifth as many made. The other thing is even though there were more made how many survived, as there weren't as many collectors in the early '90s that bought for home use.

A NIB TZ with the 3rd magnet as Lawlor intended for $8K would have me pulling out my CC right now......

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think you would be surprised with what the mainstream would want. I know lots of high end collectors that would like a pristine example that they do not have to bother fixing all the time. Buying new under warranty is a huge plus with the Williams/Bally classics. If licensing is not an issue you should consider them.

What most people in this forum fail to grasp is. There are a lot of new buyers in the market right now. The type that have some money and don't want to take the time searching or dealing with hassle of finding the game they want. Our want to spend money on a used game. They would rather buy new. With warranty. All three of the games mentioned would sell good.

#46 6 years ago

Wasn't it rumoured that the guys behind Pinball Circus remake might do Kingpin?

I have not played BBB and I am not sure how well it would sell in comparison to MB and other Williams/Bally classics, but I guess the collectors would want to put that in their collection, but is it really that good of a pin as such?

My wish for the next title: bring on Totan!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

White Water, please.

#48 6 years ago

Just don't remake Dirty Harry. I paid $1500 for mine and I'd hate to take the hit.

#49 6 years ago

I'd like to see a retro game in the mix. Fathom? EBD?

#50 6 years ago

If it come in at 7k or less, MBR would be a must buy for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.