BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.
#301 6 years ago

When this new remake will be revealed?

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

When this new remake will be revealed?

In March at the Texas Pinball Fest

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I still say they could make a simpler game like Fathom or Centaur for $5500 and sell a bunch.

Homepin's Thunderbird has a MSRP of $4995 USD. They could definitely also make a Centaur for $5k if their manufacturing model works out well.
I can think of a few games that would sell quite well if they could be had NIB for $5k.

#304 6 years ago

strongly feel it's gonna be Cactus Canyon for 2018 after a conversation I had when selling mine earlier this year with a certain someone, but who knows. It's gonna be magic whatever game it turns out to be. Pure freeeeaking magic.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Homepin's Thunderbird has a MSRP of $4995 USD. They could definitely also make a Centaur for $5k if their manufacturing model works out well.
I can think of a few games that would sell quite well if they could be had NIB for $5k.

I asked Gary Stern if he will remake some classics (Quicksilver, Seawitch, etc.). He said, too many drop targets, too expensive to manufacture, not going to happen.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

I asked Gary Stern if he will remake some classics (Quicksilver, Seawitch, etc.). He said, too many drop targets, too expensive to manufacture, not going to happen.

Drop targets cost more than ramps, subways, LCD screens, RGB LED lights, magnets, and mechanical toys?

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

I mean no disrespect to Stern Pinball or to Gary, but this is Gary Stern's opinion as it pertains to his company and his current methods and set up. Another company, perhaps a start up company might think differently or find another way. I'm not saying this likely but I am saying its plausible.

Quoted from John_I:

I still say they could make a simpler game like Fathom or Centaur for $5500 and sell a bunch.

Agreed. I own both of those games and would sell them in exchange for NIB if priced well.

1 week later
#308 6 years ago

I was just hanging out with a BBB and I can Guarantee, with a G, that Big Bang Bar won’t be remade.
Not in this climate. Not with a green stripper, not with boobies galore, not with sexual harassing calls and sexist mode names. No, sir. Too much objectification for a #metoo America. My somewhat conservative girlfriend mentioned something like ‘this is a game for guys’ with a suspicious eye. If this game gets remade, a lot of enthusiasts around the country, and the builders, are going to take some heat from the ladies about a game made in 202?.

This, plus the Capcom hardware. BBBr is not on the list.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Too much objectification for a #metoo America

Pound me too????

#310 6 years ago

Except it is though

#311 6 years ago

I don't think it matters. The "sexual" content is really fairly tame, the pinball market is pretty small and male oriented, and any Capcom hardware issues will be dealt with, probably using the exact same system MMR and AFMR use.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Pound me too????

#metoo is a Social Media rallying call for mostly women claiming that things are now ‘different’ in a post-Weinstein Post Obama America. It’s above me pay grade.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Except it is though

It is on Rick's fantasy list! Same as any other Capcom game he has suspiciously alluded to being a "potential" remake. Hell any game that has been made by anybody at any time is a potential remake. Here's another list look at the games I put on it! I will potentially remake one of these games this year:

BBB
Kingpin
King Kong
Goin Nuts

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don't think it matters. The "sexual" content is really fairly tame, the pinball market is pretty small and male oriented, and any Capcom hardware issues will be dealt with, probably using the exact same system MMR and AFMR use.

It’s the most Objectifying game I can think of, if that’s still mainstream cool in 202?, that I have my doubts about. This is possibly THE worst offender in sexism. It’s of ‘another era’. And it shows in ways that aren’t mainstream acceptable. It wouldn’t sell to a lot of homes and locations for that reason alone.

#315 6 years ago

#metoo is a Social Media rallying call for mostly women claiming that things are now ‘different’ in a post-Weinstein Post Obama America. It’s above me pay grade.

Ohhh... I see. The "#" is supposed to read "hashtag" instead of the "pound" symbol.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Ohhh... I see. The "#" is supposed to read "hashtag" instead of the "pound" symbol.

I still say the Tic Tac Toe Button....

#317 6 years ago

It’s the most Objectifying game I can think of, if that’s still mainstream cool in 202?, that I have my doubts about. This is possibly THE worst offender in sexism. It’s of ‘another era’. And it shows in ways that aren’t mainstream acceptable. It wouldn’t sell to a lot of homes and locations for that reason alone.

well I suggest you stay away from any late 70s early 80s Bally games. You know wizard , kiss, dolly parton, strikes and spares. Tight shirts and pants shorts ruled back then.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

well I suggest you stay away from any late 70s early 80s Bally games. You know wizard , kiss, dolly parton, strikes and spares. Tight shirts and pants shorts ruled back then.

It’s true. However, those games don’t have the raunchy call outs and strippers. Sopranos kind of ripped it off with 5heir strippers. And that’s what it would be, Ricks ‘Sopranos’ type game. It will sell to a heap of us, but that might be it.

I will give CC the benefit of the doubt of being a GREAT game, I own both CC and BBB. CC is a good game. Is it MM great? ATFm? MB? no, CC is not that great. Beyond the lost collectablility of them, how many would they sell? Half what ATFm sold? I don’t know, have a great day, tho .

Thanks

*Phone typer

#319 6 years ago

All the more reason it's desirable.

Sorry, if that offends your modern sensibilities. No, on 2nd thought, I'm not sorry.

#320 6 years ago

Not even close. Just off the top of my head Whoa Nellie, The Sopranos, Playboy (1978,1989,2002), Sexy Girl and ACDC are far "worse". Then you have games that contain implicit sexuality like Breakshot, Barbwire, BoP, EATPM, SS, SBM, Xenon, etc.

I'd probably prefer my kids play BBB over the TWD.

#321 6 years ago

Rob Zombie was made and mass produced and you don't hear a peep with regards to the stuff you mentioned. Most would say "I would not bring that into my house" rather than have a call to arms

I was just hanging out with a BBB and I can Guarantee, with a G, that Big Bang Bar won’t be remade.
Not in this climate. Not with a green stripper, not with boobies galore, not with sexual harassing calls and sexist mode names. No, sir. Too much objectification for a #metoo America. My somewhat conservative girlfriend mentioned something like ‘this is a game for guys’ with a suspicious eye. If this game gets remade, a lot of enthusiasts around the country, and the builders, are going to take some heat from the ladies about a game made in 202?.

#322 6 years ago

If a price point above $8,000 exists for games almost 20 years old on the secondary market (US Dollars, sorry friends in Canada, Australia and Europe for the bias), why not remake them? If I had the license and saw there was a shortage of games and a demand....you bet I would! Has worked well for Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars thus far.
I have played Big Bang Bar; I loved it. I would not spend $15,000 for it, but a remake I would certainly buy. Saving a spot in my game room for one already.
There is more than enough cartoon silliness to overshadow the salaciousness.

#323 6 years ago

* given the bombardment, I’ll withdraw my claim of ‘most’

Let’s face it tho, Big Juicy Mellons and Sopranos took some heat for their themes and didn’t sell amazing numbers. Just saying,

Have a great day!

#324 6 years ago

BBB is the only one I would consider to buy a remake and if the code is polished .
Don’t care about any else

#325 6 years ago

Only question I have is how am I going to fit all these machines in my home!? My AFMRLE and MMRLE are amazing machines. Chicago Gaming has got me sold.. any future machines are a guaranteed purchase from me!

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

If a price point above $8,000 exists

Would it be at that price point if there were 6000 out there? Or are they at that price point because there’s less than 200 out there?

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

BBB is the only one I would consider to buy a remake and if the code is polished .
Don’t care about any else

For me BBB and MB....

#328 6 years ago

They stated it was on the list goober maybe even as soon as this year or if not this one next

#329 6 years ago

A 1 off Capcom? Don’t count on it, goober.

#330 6 years ago

Tell me you don't really think that is what #metoo is about. Hand waving it away like that is really ignorant.

#331 6 years ago

A 1 off Capcom? Don’t count on it, goober.

It's not just any Capcom, goober.

#332 6 years ago

I'll assume you are being purposely obtuse and you actually do know why the whole movement exists. If not, then spend some time hanging around with attractive women and see how many times men attempt to touch them, grab them, abduct them, violate them, have their way with them, assault them, and generally treat them as sub human. You would be shocked at how common it is, how accepted it is, how little the ladies can do about it, and how many stay silent about it because no one will listen to them. You'd may also be shocked at how many have been repeatedly raped and don't say anything about it. There's a reason I have 8 security cameras at my film house where female models stay.

Oh and a side note, BBB is coming out and I'm buying it

I'm getting BBB for sure, played it at the Arcade Expo and really liked it! Couldn't get into MB though strangely enough although I know it's much loved around here. With some games though I find I have to play them at home to get more into them, that way I can hear all the sounds, callouts, really have time to learn the rules, etc. At an arcade or show it's always so noisy that you can't hear the game at all, and I can't really learn the game because there is always someone behind you wanting to play next

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's not just any Capcom, goober.

It’s not MM, AFM or MB, either. It’s a good game with a lot of hype. If there were 200 MM, the hype would be real. BBB is no MM. anyway. Have a great day, guys! Good luck with that BBBr

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'll assume you are being purposely obtuse and you actually do know why the whole movement exists. If not, then spend some time hanging around with attractive women and see how many times men attempt to touch them, grab them, abduct them, violate them, have their way with them, assault them, and generally treat them as sub human. You would be shocked at how common it is, how accepted it is, how little the ladies can do about it, and how many stay silent about it because no one will listen to them. You'd may also be shocked at how many have been repeatedly raped and don't say anything about it. There's a reason I have 8 security cameras at my film house where female models stay.

Excuse me, are YOU so obtuse to then want to buy a game that openly harasses women in a workplace environment? Are you deranged?

This is getting rediculous. This woman/man is exactly why this game won’t be remade. There are victims!

#335 6 years ago

That's for sure! I would buy BBB....

#336 6 years ago

It’s not MM, AFM or MB, either. It’s a good game with a lot of hype. If there were 200 MM, the hype would be real. BBB is no MM. anyway. Have a great day, guys! Good luck with that BBBr

MM is the most overrated pin there is.

#337 6 years ago

Excuse me, are YOU so obtuse to then want to buy a game that openly harasses women in a workplace environment? Are you deranged?
This is getting rediculous. This woman/man is exactly why this game won’t be remade. There are victims!

We got us a hipster/Millennial here!

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

MM is the most overrated pin there is.

And my vote would be that CC and BBB are the most overrated.
But that’s in no way a slight against any of those games. They are all good games. Some better than others.

#340 6 years ago

Enough with the pointless political commentary.

#341 6 years ago

Cool. I had Chinese food for lunch.

#342 6 years ago

Not everyone has a stick up their ass and is offended by everything. Who gives a shit if some thing that cant decide what sex they are and no one else can tell gets offended or anyone else for that matter. Everyone gets offended about something. Pinball is primarily a male hobby and males, real males anyway like boobies and booties and looking at pretty women. They also have manners. Life is offensive. You have to get past it.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not everyone has a stick up their ass and is offended by everything. Who gives a shit if some thing that cant decide what sex they are and no one else can tell gets offended or anyone else for that matter. Everyone gets offended about something. Pinball is primarily a male hobby and males, real males anyway like boobies and booties and looking at pretty women. They also have manners. Life is offensive. You have to get past it.

I’m with you, brother. I wish it wasnt this way either. But dammit, it is. Have you seen How offended people have gotten? They have to put up 8 cameras just to protect their women from male predators. Most have been raped.

And a game that Glorifies lecherous call outs at working women, gyrating strippers, might not be the 202? Hit of the summer. Just My opinion.

Have a good day try to take it easy.

#344 6 years ago

Please don't kill all the fun in the world. Jeez. Pinball and games are about having fun not doing taxes, diversity training, and community service. I don't have a whole lot of interest in BBB but a lot of others do. It's rare, sells for big $$$, and plenty of people desire to own it. It's the perfect candidate for a remake. The beautiful thing is that if it offends you that much, you don't have to buy one. You don't even have to play one if you find one on location. Bizarre but true.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Please don't kill all the fun in the world. Jeez. Pinball and games are about having fun not doing taxes, diversity training, and community service. I don't have a whole lot of interest in BBB but a lot of others do. It's rare, sells for big $$$, and plenty of people desire to own it. It's the perfect candidate for a remake. The beautiful thing is that if it offends you that much, you don't have to buy one. You don't even have to play one if you find one on location. Bizarre but true.

Hear hear.

Which is exactly why I own one, but can understand why the game might not appeal to everybody, hence the game not being remade.... just my opinion, guys. Geez, I’m not the boogeyman. Lol. Relax.

#346 6 years ago

Too much politicizing, and borderline insulting of other pinsiders here. Hate for this thread to be closed.

I hope they make CC next, I need a break to save up for Monster Bash!

#349 6 years ago

In Post #332

Reality_Studios made that comment. Before saying he was buying the machine.

Thanks

#350 6 years ago

Ahhh ok, the quote made it look like you were the one talking about women getting raped. Its funny though that the person that said that seems to be in the movie industry in CA. A place and an industry that likes to call people like me neanderthals and tell us how we should live and act when they decide to take a break from molesting children and women wanting to break into said industry or in the women's cases have allowed themselves to be molested. Apparently Reality Studios is trying to prevent that from happening to the ladies he is responsible for. BBB is still an awesome game and I would buy one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 209.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/7?hl=hughesdforce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.