BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any chance PP remakes TAF? Seems like a no brainer to me

Would it be nice ? Yes. Would licensing kill it ? Probably.

LTG : )

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I doubt it. More than 21,000 copies already in circulation.
And I know what you meant but technically it's CGC that is making the remakes, not PP.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And I know what you meant but technically it's CGC that is making the remakes, not PP.

I knew that but I believe the topic says PP

#1054 2 years ago

I understand there’s lots of them out there but most probably need a restoration of some kind. Nothing like a brand new, trouble free machine

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

licensing would be very difficult the the general consensus

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

licensing would be very difficult the the general consensus

Why is that?

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have one of those 21,000 copies and would buy an upgraded remake day one.

#1058 2 years ago

All the actors and estates would all have to agree

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I have one of those 21,000 copies and would buy an upgraded remake day one.

I’m right with you

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

All the actors and estates would all have to agree

I don’t see why they wouldn’t when they all did for the original?

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don’t see why they wouldn’t when they all did for the original?

A couple possibilities. Raul Julia was alive then. And maybe he need to be licensed, like you would now from his estate.

And now you might have to deal with the Charles Addams estate, New Yorker magazine, TV show, and movies.

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A couple possibilities. Raul Julia was alive then. And maybe he need to be licensed, like you would now from his estate.
And now you might have to deal with the Charles Addams estate, New Yorker magazine, TV show, and movies.

Understood. You are a wealth of knowledge...but I hope you are wrong on this one

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Understood. You are a wealth of knowledge...but I hope you are wrong on this one

The pinball arcade dealt with the licensing as well….. they had to fudge some of the art to make it work. Other suggestion is base it upon the new animated movie but purists would freak out. Not sure it will happen

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I hope you are wrong on this one

Me too. I'd like to see everyone get the game they'd like.

#1065 2 years ago

The licensing issue is a big deal. Today, so many folks have full or partial ownership of their original "brands" and even their likenesses and voices come into play. It's a way of continuing to generate money for all of the actors, estates and agents who created those original brands. And they have the right to, no question.

So, at the pace that remakes happen, one possible path of least resistance is to focus on the non-licensed original titles that are always hot in the re-sale market and would do well on location. In the Poll thread here on Pinside, they list a handful of titles, (Like TOTAN, TOM, etc) where they wouldn't have to ask for anyone's permission (or pay any fees) above the intellectual property already available through PPS. And a few other 'holy grail' machines will sure fit on that list (i.e. Funhouse)

I am thinking the pinball remake business is hard enough, and the development times are long enough, that a simpler path forward is to just remake the titles that folks would love to get their hands on, and would likely do great on location/routes. And as we are seeing with CCr, existing owners with original machines are seeing their value remain solid, with or without the remakes.

#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The pinball arcade dealt with the licensing as well….. they had to fudge some of the art to make it work. Other suggestion is base it upon the new animated movie but purists would freak out. Not sure it will happen

If I remember right the had to change Fester and Pugsly a little bit because they couldn't secure the rights.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-addams-family

#1067 2 years ago

Gomez just called me and said MAKE TAF AGAIN

#1068 2 years ago

There's just not enough love in these speculative threads for Scared Stiff. All the SS fans need to make their voices heard so PPS/CGC sees there is interest!

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

There's just not enough love in these speculative threads for Scared Stiff. All the SS fans need to make their voices heard so PPS/CGC sees there is interest!

SS and totan are my top remakes..

#1070 2 years ago

I'd really like to see a TAF with original Charles Addams style artwork. Of course, the voice assets would still need to be figured out.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

I'd be in for a Scared Stiff

#1072 2 years ago

With Elvira 40th edition now, SS wouldn't be a bad move as next game.

#1073 2 years ago

Theater of Magic or Big Bang Bar for me.

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I'd really like to see a TAF with original Charles Addams style artwork. Of course, the voice assets would still need to be figured out.

I'd like to see version based on the old TV series.

#1075 2 years ago

BBB all the way to the BANK!

1 week later
#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wouldn't the licensing be difficult?

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Wouldn't the licensing be difficult?

For years people said Raul Julia's estate would never approve, but the Pinball Arcade App got most of it done, so it shouldn't be hard for CGC to get a similar deal for the machine. Of course Pinball Arcade didn't get Christopher Lloyd or Pugsley and had to alter their art, so CGC would need to work that out. Fester's dead center on the playfield so you'd really want to get that right, but it sounds like that was a time/money thing rather than Lloyd being philosophically opposed to having his face on things, so should be solvable. And Pugsley's a small figure on the translite so if a deal cannot be made then most people probably won't notice or care, and if they do they can easily source a replacement translite with the OG actor's likeness.

Anyway, I would think licensing wouldn't be too bad for Addams Family or Twlight Zone. Indiana Jones could be more of a PITA as you'd have to negotiate with Harrison Ford and Disney.

#1078 2 years ago

Christopher Lloyd isn't someone who would just turn down a paycheque

#1079 2 years ago

What is great about TAF ? Is it the Addams Family theme or is it the layout or rules?

In other words, would a TAF retheme be interesting? Or does it have to be TAF.

(Here's a thought -- what if TAF were rethemed as Scooby Doo?)

Thinking outside the box here!

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For years people said Raul Julia's estate would never approve, but the Pinball Arcade App got most of it done, so it shouldn't be hard for CGC to get

There was a time they didn't want it out there. Then did again at some point.

#1081 2 years ago

Unfortunately, TOM or TOTAN will probably be next and both are a very hard pass for me. TOM is a snooze fest. Had a fully restored one for about 2 weeks. Could not get it out of my house fast enough.

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

would a TAF retheme be interesting?

Would it be interesting? sure, great tables can be translated to another great theme.
Would it sell anywhere in the range of AF, one of the most famous and beloved pinball machines of all time? Probably not.

#1084 2 years ago

woah this looks really cool! I love when people do kits like this. (well even though I didn't like Bride of Pinbot 2.0, I never thought Bride of Pinbot was a good shooter to start.)
I hope the kit is a success.

But whoever did the music owes Danny Elfman some royalties for ripping off the Beetlejuice soundtrack

1 week later
#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:Unfortunately, TOM or TOTAN will probably be next and both are a very hard pass for me. TOM is a snooze fest. Had a fully restored one for about 2 weeks. Could not get it out of my house fast enough.

Pinball snobbery is so annoying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 209.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.