BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 5 years ago

Go to pinballfanatic.com to see what he has in stock (about 13 games) - can get other games custom but about twice as much $. You can e-mail him (Brad) at [email protected]

I got 3 - here are the other 2.

TZ-AFM STOOLS (resized).jpegTZ-AFM STOOLS (resized).jpeg

afm seat (resized).jpegafm seat (resized).jpeg

TZ seat (resized).jpegTZ seat (resized).jpeg

#952 5 years ago

$225 for a stool? Wow.

#953 5 years ago

I got mine on ebay from him for less than that.

20180522_004325 (resized).jpg20180522_004325 (resized).jpg

#954 5 years ago

Might be more than I’m willing to spend on a stool although they are sick.

#955 5 years ago

So now this is a stool topic...lol

#956 5 years ago

If someone could bring these to market at $99 there’s a lot of money to be made imo

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If someone could bring these to market at $99 there’s a lot of money to be made imo

Unless it costs you more than $99 to make.

LTG : )

#958 5 years ago

MB, IJ please!

#959 5 years ago

Picking up a AFMrLe in the next few weeks. Can someone please measure their box? Hoping to get it in the back of my vehicle.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can someone please measure their box?

About 32 inches by 32 inches by 57 inches.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Picking up a AFMrLe in the next few weeks. Can someone please measure their box? Hoping to get it in the back of my vehicle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/17#post-4356896

#962 5 years ago

Thanks Gents, much appreciated.

1 month later
#963 5 years ago

What's the likelihood of seeing a TAF remake?

Seems to me it would make money hand over fist, the residual values are very high (if not appreciating) and it's a theme pretty much everyone has an affinity for.

I realise FarSight had issues with licensing Christopher Lloyd and the actor who played Pugsley, but apparently that was money related rather than a flat no.

Wouldn't they easily sell thousands of TAF remakes?

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Seems to me it would make money hand over fist, the residual values are very high (if not appreciating) and it's a theme pretty much everyone has an affinity for.
I realise FarSight had issues with licensing Christopher Lloyd and the actor who played Pugsley, but apparently that was money related rather than a flat no.

TAF is always in huge demand here in Australia, and i assume it is the same in the rest of the world. They sell almost instantly when listed for sale so i would say that a remake would sell pretty well.

#965 5 years ago

It will take a miracle to get a TAF remake. Raul Julia’s family won’t license his image. No Gomez, no TAF...

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

My opinion is that PP/CGC will take a look at how the remakes are selling, how many, and project the acceptable volume to remakes that can make those numbers. I think they've already been doing that, but if they can make say 1000 or 1500 machines be profitable, then they could take a look at some pins that they may have overlooked. I think if 1000-1500 is the sweet spot, TAF and IJ are possible remakes. They were probably overlooked in he past because of big original run number of machines made.

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

It will take a miracle to get a TAF remake. Raul Julia’s family won’t license his image. No Gomez, no TAF...

They did for FarSight though?

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

They did for FarSight though?

CGC can remake TAF if they want to. This is no secret and has been mentioned by them publicly more than once. CGC are just unsure of the market as there were so many originals made and plenty are still around. If CGC remade a TAF we would buy one and I am sure there would be plenty more.

#969 5 years ago

Thread title “No more speculation.”

Followed by 20 pages of speculation...

Man I love Pinside!

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thread title “No more speculation.”

OP forgot a comma... Should read: "No, more speculation"

#971 5 years ago

I’ve been holding my breath for a MBr. I am starting to get light headed. I am still very hyped for this remake. I would love to have it by Halloween!

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Patently false. Gomez's estate will license out his image for preexisting projects.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My opinion is that PP/CGC will take a look at how the remakes are selling, how many, and project the acceptable volume to remakes that can make those numbers. I think they've already been doing that, but if they can make say 1000 or 1500 machines be profitable, then they could take a look at some pins that they may have overlooked. I think if 1000-1500 is the sweet spot, TAF and IJ are possible remakes. They were probably overlooked in he past because of big original run number of machines made.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

This was the word for a long time, but Pinball Arcade eventually got the Julia estate to come around. The ultimate issue was Christopher Lloyd and the Pugsley kid, not clear if they’d do it for more money, or if one/both have a non-monetary issue with use of their image that would make a deal impossible.

But maybe the original license was such that a physical pinball remake would still be covered even though digital required new likeness licensing. The fact that repro playfields are getting made suggests that could be the case.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

CGC are just unsure of the market as there were so many originals made and plenty are still around.

This may be their thought process but I never really got it. Sure there are lots of TAF and IJ around, but they still sell for a serious chunk of change, suggesting that demand is very high for them, since even a supply of 10k or whatever cannot keep prices below $6k. Wouldn’t you rather remake a game with demonstrated high demand where your 1,000 remakes will only increase supply by 10%, vs something like CC where pricing is very much a function of low supply and your remake will seriously inflate the supply side of the equation?

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This may be their thought process but I never really got it. Sure there are lots of TAF and IJ around, but they still sell for a serious chunk of change, suggesting that demand is very high for them, since even a supply of 10k or whatever cannot keep prices below $6k. Wouldn’t you rather remake a game with demonstrated high demand where your 1,000 remakes will only increase supply by 10%, vs something like CC where pricing is very much a function of low supply and your remake will seriously inflate the supply side of the equation?

I have found that people just don't realize (because they haven't played one) how fun CCC is. This title could be remade into something fantastic as a new title and could be one of the best remakes yet. Even though they won't use continued, they could really improve the code and toys. I am looking forward to seeing what they will come up with for this one.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I agree with you. I hope that CGC remake TAF and I do believe that there is quite a large market for that machine world wide. I believe if CGC remade TAF this would be their biggest selling game, outselling MMr and AFMr. I feel that CCC is too risky for CGC and they are better off to remake more popular titles like TOTAN and TOM first.

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have found that people just don't realize (because they haven't played one) how fun CCC is. This title could be remade into something fantastic as a new title and could be one of the best remakes yet. Even though they won't use continued, they could really improve the code and toys. I am looking forward to seeing what they will come up with for this one.

CCC is definitely a major improvement on CC, but I'm not convinced it'll ever be a hugely compelling game ... layout is so-so, art is so-so for its era (RFM, Champ Pub, Junk Yard all look better IMO), toys are fairly forgettable and the moulds aren't anything special. The theme is a generic Wild West one; it doesn't create its own little world in the way that AFM/RFM & MM did.

CC's main attraction or the high prices are due to it being WMS' last conventional and last WPC machine, the short run, and that very few were on location, so not many people got to play it.

Maybe they improve the toys, cut down the ridiculously intrusive apron pistols, and write some brilliant new rules ... but I don't think either CC or CCC show that much promise on their own.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

CCC is definitely a major improvement on CC, but I'm not convinced it'll ever be a hugely compelling game ... layout is so-so, art is so-so for its era (RFM, Champ Pub, Junk Yard all look better IMO), toys are fairly forgettable and the moulds aren't anything special. The theme is a generic Wild West one; it doesn't create its own little world in the way that AFM/RFM & MM did.
CC's main attraction or the high prices are due to it being WMS' last conventional and last WPC machine, the short run, and that very few were on location, so not many people got to play it.
Maybe they improve the toys, cut down the ridiculously intrusive apron pistols, and write some brilliant new rules ... but I don't think either CC or CCC show that much promise on their own.

Well it seems that CGC doesn't agree with you that the only reason people own a CC is because of it's value and rare numbers. Otherwise it would be an instant bust trying remake that game. Who would want that title at all if it sucked that bad. I guess we will see won't we.....

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I’ve enjoyed playing CC on Pinball Arcade. Could well be a solid seller as a remake, and enhanced code is always enticing, though this one’s tricky as it will of course be compared to CCC.

My point was that everyone has already played TAF and IJ and they’re still highly sought after, such that even their (relatively) huge production runs cannot depress their market value, which remain significantly above other great games with far fewer remaining examples. So they seem like safe bets to sell very well as a remake if CGC maintains their current price structure. I get why high end collectors might be more jazzed about rarer titles being remade, and likewise seasoned players that have already played the hell out of TAF and IJ. But I still think CGC would sell more of either of those titles than of CC or CV.

#981 5 years ago

Talks cheap where MBRM?

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You're bang on imo, so much so that I'm surprised that it's still not happened. TAF has been commanding serious money relative to other pins for quite a while now. Obviously the licensing makes it non-trivial, but it has been overcome in the past and it might even be the case that licensing for a physical pin is more straightforward if at the time the actors signed contracts consenting to perpetual usage. It's not as if Bally/Williams knew how successful it would be before it was made, and they even went on to make more of them (TAFG) once they realised, so I doubt there is a finite unit clause. I guess the devil is in the detail in terms of what IP got transferred to Scientific Games.

There would be a lot of people lining up to buy a mint one I think, particularly since I would imagine the list price would be less than some restorers demand for them.

#983 5 years ago

Prices in EU are fairly low for TAF. A good one is €3500-4000 now. Prices have declined in the US and UK too. Dunno about Australia.

It's a far cry from the kind of prices pre-remake that MM, AFM & MB commanded ... or CC for that matter, before prices began to decline due to the seeming surety of a remake.

Combine that with 20k units and a likely obscenely expensive license, and having to do a lot of work on code, dots and sound - all are way more basic than MM / AFM / MB / CC etc ... I don't see how the economics add up.

#984 5 years ago

Mystery over - it's MB (credit to flynnibus Atlantis on Pinball Info)

ba99172c0a5b38e6dfd0191ee730ca2a2d61e00c (resized).pngba99172c0a5b38e6dfd0191ee730ca2a2d61e00c (resized).png

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Mystery over - it's MB (credit to Atlantis on Pinball Info)

Or you could have looked here yesterday...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/22#post-4506838

I mean.. you had the thread open in your browser

#986 5 years ago

Sorry, I missed that. I didn't realise I had been on that thread? It doesn't show in my topic activity?

1 week later
#987 5 years ago

Crazy that they announced it this way but denied the announcement at TPF. Seems silly to me.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Crazy that they announced it this way but denied the announcement at TPF. Seems silly to me.

They could avoid it since at the time of TPF nobody had uncovered the UL filing. Different story now. The cat's out of the bag.

#989 5 years ago

I hear the official announcement is coming Thursday with pics. Through the grape vine of course......

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I hear the official announcement is coming Thursday with pics. Through the grape vine of course......

Well...that's pinside I guess

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I hear the official announcement is coming Thursday with pics. Through the grape vine of course.....

Really ?

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Well...that's pinside I guess

He is probably just making that up!

2 weeks later
#993 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

He is probably just making that up!

He didn't say which Thursday, now did he?

1 year later
#994 4 years ago

So what’s the remake order again?

Will TZ be remade?

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So what’s the remake order again?
Will TZ be remade?

TZ and IJ, being widebody, and huge licenses, probably never.

TOM, and CC look to be in the works.

#996 4 years ago

Love to see Cactus Canyon.

#997 4 years ago

Strong rumors are that Cactus Canyon is next but I would prefer Big Bang Bar. I sold my BBB and miss it.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Strong rumors are that Cactus Canyon is next but I would prefer Big Bang Bar. I sold my BBB and miss it.

From an economic perspective probably good thing you sold it. Re-Remake will be better (& cheaper!)

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TZ and IJ, being widebody, and huge licenses, probably never.
TOM, and CC look to be in the works.

TOM is such a snoozer

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

TOM is such a snoozer

Agreed. Never got into it imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.