BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 22.
#851 6 years ago

#852 6 years ago

So anyway,

Nobody has any idea what games are being remade, or when.

Correct?

Or am I missing some key piece of information?

#853 6 years ago

Yep you got it nada

#854 6 years ago

No announcement at MGC? That is not good news

#855 6 years ago

No. but not bad news either.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Right. Just like how Stern not announcing Maiden at TPF was a gigantic blunder from which the company will never recover from. And how JJP's reveal at Expo last year turned out to be a huge triumph with no bad side effects.

People need to stop fetishing pinball show announcements. Frankly, they aren't that important, as is proven time and time again.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. Just like how Stern not announcing Maiden at TPF was a gigantic blunder from which the company will never recover from. And how JJP's reveal at Expo last year turned out to be a huge triumph with no bad side effects.
People need to stop fetishing pinball show announcements. Frankly, they aren't that important, as is proven time and time again.

I guess I didn't mean "OMGTHESKYISFALLING!!" but it isn't good news. Not bad news either, I suppose - I'm sure game 3 is still coming.

No doubt you're right the announcement thing can backfire- but CGC DID make a big deal about announcing at TPF (which maybe they shouldn't have done?) and now everybody's waiting for the other shoe (or is it the first shoe in this case?) to drop

#858 6 years ago

With JJP update of removing the 3 spinning rings, alot of POTC preorders are out.
Now would be a good time to announce #3 and grab that money.

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No.

They will announce when they are ready to blow you away. Not before.

LTG : )

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Copy that!

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They will announce when they are ready to blow you away.

So Whirlwind now gets a remake?

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Standing by, ready to be blown away. But in the meantime I want to watch JJP fix the 3 damn discs! on POTC. Then we'll talk about MB all day long, my friend.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So Whirlwind now gets a remake?

Spoiler Alert!

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Spoiler Alert!

After spending time at MGC and talking with CGC people. I can now alert the masses that Punchy The Clown R, sadly, is not on the remake list.

While I still don't know the title. I can safely say Arturo was more excited than anyone I've ever seen about a pinball machine, when he talked about it.

Being on the operating end of things. Seeing someone so excited. Means a lot to me and what the game will do for my business.

#865 6 years ago

Punchy!!

I will wait for CGC to get their product just right. More time to save up.

C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).pngC02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

After spending time at MGC and talking with CGC people. I can now alert the masses that Punchy The Clown R, sadly, is not on the remake list.
While I still don't know the title. I can safely say Arturo was more excited than anyone I've ever seen about a pinball machine, when he talked about it.
Being on the operating end of things. Seeing someone so excited. Means a lot to me and what the game will do for my business.

Now I’m even more interested! Doug was excited about it too at TPF. Something special is on the way.

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ok after multiple call outs on Punchy I had to look it up not having ever played one. Maybe its a pinball joke but I personally think the game is rather cool in an odd kind of way. I have recently had an interest in the Alvin G lineup having never had one before. Thanks Lloyd, now I have to hunt for a Punchy!

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I personally think the game is rather cool in an odd kind of way.

It is a unique and fun game. How Fred came to do the "I'm Punchy The Clown" voice is really funny. Who knew the Alving G people would like what he was joking about doing ?

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He didn’t tell you when they thought to reveal it?

#870 6 years ago

Based on the incredible service alone I am excited for the reveal. Just had a minor issue with my AFRr and within hours got an e-mail reply from LTG and a call from Doug after that. Really gives me comfort their product is well supported.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

He didn’t tell you when they thought to reveal it?

When it's ready. Should be real soon. Production too.

#872 6 years ago

I will say this: I’m an owner of both an original MB and AFM, and I’m thrilled that more people are gonna get to play these, because they’re fantastic machines, along with the other games on the list being remade.
Very cool times in Pinball...

2 weeks later
#873 5 years ago

JPOP haters do tend to swarm unconditionally when suggestions are made to re-make games the maligned designer created in the glory days, but it remains likely that his three big aesthetic gems from the 90's are being seriously considered by CGC in their promise to add six or seven titles to the re visitation series launched by buffo re-creations of MM and AFM. If the 7K to 9K price range posed as a prime consideration for Rick and company to proceed, and the Top 25 to Top 30 of pinside rankings are factored in, JPOP's three biggies are surely posed for resurrection. We can all guess as to what the order could/should look like, and at age 63 I hope I'll still around to see it all happen, but here is a slight revision of what I posted on another thread:

1. Monster Bash (announcement will be made on this title any day now and the speculation is it will be spectacular)
2. Cactus Canyon (based on commentary and seeming order likelihood; re-coded to boot) March 2019 announcement.
3. Big Bang Bar (A collector's dream, a seeming no-brainer and destined to be big in the homes) 2020 announcement
4. Theatre of Magic (has been officially named by Rick as highly likely, so looking to hear it announced in March 2021.

Then we assume things get tricky.....

There would seem to be great interest among collectors for THESE machines all of which fall within the re-make parameters:

Cirqus Voltaire
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Kingpin
White Water
The Addams Family
The Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones
Creature from the Black Lagoon (yes it is fast approaching the price point at least in excellent condition)

This is all in a fantasy realm but conceivably could come to pass if not quite as precisely.

#874 5 years ago

Except Circus Maximus will be building Kingpin and with 21,000 Addams Familys out there, lots now with new playfields, I just don't see that one happening. I wouldn't think it would be a smart business decision to do so

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

JPOP haters do tend to swarm unconditionally when suggestions are made to re-make games the maligned designer created in the glory days, but it remains likely that his three big aesthetic gems from the 90's are being seriously considered by CGC in their promise to add six or seven titles to the re visitation series launched by buffo re-creations of MM and AFM. If the 7K to 9K price range posed as a prime consideration for Rick and company to proceed, and the Top 25 to Top 30 of pinside rankings are factored in, JPOP's three biggies are surely posed for resurrection. We can all guess as to what the order could/should look like, and at age 63 I hope I'll still around to see it all happen, but here is a slight revision of what I posted on another thread:
1. Monster Bash (announcement will be made on this title any day now and the speculation is it will be spectacular)
2. Cactus Canyon (based on commentary and seeming order likelihood; re-coded to boot) March 2019 announcement.
3. Big Bang Bar (A collector's dream, a seeming no-brainer and destined to be big in the homes) 2020 announcement
4. Theatre of Magic (has been officially named by Rick as highly likely, so looking to hear it announced in March 2021.
There would seem to be great interest among collectors for THESE machines all of which fall within the re-make parameters:
Cirqus Voltaire
Kingpin
White Water
The Addams Family
The Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones
Creature from the Black Lagoon (yes it is fast approaching the price point at least in excellent condition)
This is all in a fantasy realm but conceivably could come to pass if not quite as precisely.

Hell I’d buy a CV, especially if JPop doesn’t get a cent out of it.

#876 5 years ago

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the years once they run out of the high valued games to sell. Is anyone really going to spend $6,500 on a new Whitewater (or more for LE)? Will they drop the prices? It's not as if the games are any cheaper to build, so that seems unlikely.

#877 5 years ago

I think there are plenty of games to remake.....how about Scared Stiff?

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the years once they run out of the high valued games to sell.

I heard originally they were looking at ten titles. More recently seven.

So five to eight years to worry about it.

And at IAPPA doing an original title was on the whiteboard.

Definitely going to be interesting.

#879 5 years ago

Soon... Gameroom Guys

FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg

#880 5 years ago

Time to put the Vacation America remake out there.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Time to put the Vacation America remake out there.

They are going for quite a bit these days. It looks like low plays too! minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Soon... Gameroom Guys

I'm staring at the smoke where game #3 is and if you stare long enough and let your eyes go out of focus, you can see that game #3 is in fact MBr.

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Except Circus Maximus will be building Kingpin and with 21,000 Addams Familys out there, lots now with new playfields, I just don't see that one happening. I wouldn't think it would be a smart business decision to do so

If Circus Maximus is planning to do KINGPIN, there would of course be no point for CGC to do it. And I do definitely agree with you on TAF, that is why I listed it way down on the prospective schedule. The only reason I listed it at all is because there are seemingly plenty of pinball fans still pushing for it based on comments.

#884 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hell I’d buy a CV, especially if JPop doesn’t get a cent out of it.

Rdoyle, well said. This is what i have myself been promoting, on this and other threads. We must separate the man from the machine. CV is a fantastic creation and support for it is just that, the machine, not the creator.

#885 5 years ago

Do we think there is any reasonable possibility of Twilight Zone being remade?

Obviously the BOM would be high and it’s far more complex than the ones listed in the title of this thread so it would be behind all of them.

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Obviously the BOM would be high and it’s far more complex than the ones listed in the title of this thread so it would be behind all of them.

It just seems like so much of a risk compared to the others mentioned - far greater production numbers, high BOM, and not as many recent pinsiders (note: my only metric for this point) seem to be as high on it as others. I don't get that. TZ is still my #1 even though I don't play it as often as the other pins.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think TZ commanded 3 separate licenses,.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I think TZ commanded 3 separate licenses,.

It is at least 2 - I know for sure “twilight zone” the name and show themes are from CBS, Rod Serling likeness and voice match actor (performed by Mark Silverman) are separate. The third must be for the music..

#889 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

not as many recent pinsiders (note: my only metric for this point) seem to be as high on it as others

I think the reason Pinsiders don’t seem as high on it being remade is it seems so unlikely for the other reasons you mention. TZ is a phenomenal game. People would buy it NIB. I wonder what they would have to charge to make it worth doing BOM wise.

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The third must be for the music..

It's a synthesized version of Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone"

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think there are plenty of games to remake.....how about Scared Stiff?

I was under the impression that this was hinted at with this online leak?

IMG_1458 (resized).JPGIMG_1458 (resized).JPG

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

» YouTube video

I was actually thinking of the 2nd season twilight zone music (the well-known one - first season has different music by Lalo Schifrin). Geez that’s 4 licenses!

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

» YouTube video

They need to install Rush's version of "Twilight Zone".....

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

They need to install Rush's version of "Twilight Zone".....

Or Maiden’s!

#895 5 years ago

Maiden?

I guess I'm showing my age here....LOL

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Cirqus Voltaire
t
White Water
The Addams Family
The Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones

IJ will be the 2020 release IMO. The lesser titles might be concurrent release not just one at a time I bet.

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Maiden?
I guess I'm showing my age here....LOL

There’s a “Twilight Zone” song on their second album - it’s not actually a Twilight Zone episode, more like their idea of what one might be. A dead boyfriend tries to come back to his girl and he’s trapped in the “twilight zone” so he can’t get to her. Not one of their better songs from a musical standpoint, frankly. The rest of that album is a knockout though.

#898 5 years ago

So curious, if they announced Monster Bash is next this week, when do you think it would start shipping out?

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

So curious, if they announced Monster Bash is next this week, when do you think it would start shipping out?

People have speculated that it would ship only a few weeks after they announce

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

People have speculated that it would ship only a few weeks after they announce

That would be phenomenal if so. Will help them with sales for sure as well. Nothing like a quick shipment after announcement for maximum hype and excitement. I can't wait to see the topper on this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/18?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.