BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think we are a LONG way away from CGC actually writing new game code for games (ie improving). Sure they can squash some original bugs, or make basic changes like lighting, etc. But actual NEW code that adds modes/features to the games? I don't think so. Regardless of how it turns out, can you imagine the backlash from actually changing "classic" games? Sure there are some exceptions out there, such as CCC, but that wasn't done by a pinball manufacturer. I don't think there's any way they risk changing any classic games other than very minor stuff.

It has sense to make code update for games that need it.
What is the risk? Selling more?

#802 6 years ago

in my opinion its a big market risk to reproduce games like CC or BBB. Reproducing a game like MB makes all the sense in the world. It basically had the same run rate as MM and AFM (less than 4K made), and is highly rated....

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Read what Rick typed again and tell me what it actually means (hint: it means absolutely nothing!)
It's just sales/marketing speak. Sure a lot of stuff COULD happen, but I highly doubt it.

ok each comment may be subject of interpretation, speculation...as when Doug said they were working on new technology.
But manufacturer and distributors are in the same boat and I think if they want to make more money so more sales the best way is to update games code.

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

ok each comment may be subject of interpretation, speculation...as when Doug said they were working on new technology.
But manufacturer and distributors are in the same boat and I think if they want to make more money so more sales the best way is to update games code.

Right, but then you are not doing remakes. You are doing "re-imagining" or whatever else you want to call it. MMr is still MM, just with new tech. Same with AFMr. If you start changing core gameplay I think that is a bit of a slippery slope. Cactus Canyon I think is the only outlier just because someone put out expanded gameplay and I believe, used some sound files that were in the ROM but never implemented, thus feeding into the whole idea that it was an unfinished game.

Even then, if CGC does a remake of Cactus Canyon (or any other pin) with updated "code" or rules, but doesn't include the original classic gameplay, again, they can't really call it a remake.

#805 6 years ago

I like to think of it as Remastering. AFMr was remastered in some ways. Gameplay not so much. Lighting topper artwork yes. This is why I say I am going to be real interested to see what they come up with for CCr.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Right, but then you are not doing remakes. You are doing "re-imagining" or whatever else you want to call it. MMr is still MM, just with new tech. Same with AFMr. If you start changing core gameplay I think that is a bit of a slippery slope. Cactus Canyon I think is the only outlier just because someone put out expanded gameplay and I believe, used some sound files that were in the ROM but never implemented, thus feeding into the whole idea that it was an unfinished game.
Even then, if CGC does a remake of Cactus Canyon (or any other pin) with updated "code" or rules, but doesn't include the original classic gameplay, again, they can't really call it a remake.

As long as there’s an option to play with the classic rules (which would surely be an obvious feature) then what’s the problem?

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Why would they ever not include the option of playing the original code? Seems pretty far-fetched to imagine they’d do all the work of writing new code but leave out the easy bit, emulating the original code.

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Reproducing a game like MB makes all the sense in the world. It basically had the same run rate as MM and AFM (less than 4K made), and is highly rated....

I agree completely. MM, AFM, and MB are the low-hanging fruit. It’s an easy decision for those 3 to be the first games remade: beloved titles that have withstood the test of time. After that the decision becomes more difficult.

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would they ever not include the option of playing the original code? Seems pretty far-fetched to imagine they’d do all the work of writing new code but leave out the easy bit, emulating the original code.

Yeah that was my point I brought it up in context that someone mentioned updating the code or gameplay was a good idea. I said doing that would render it something different than a remake, and really the only game that might apply was Cactus Canyon in which case - yes - having the tech to switch between "classic" and "new" would be pretty much required. I can't think of any other game mentioned in the remake list where touching the code or gameplay would be warranted.

#810 6 years ago

why so many people enjoy MB? CV or SS...
these games are less challenging than BBB in my opinion.
you need to complete mode to get wizard mode in BBB if i don't make a mistake...not so easy
BBB has a great theme and the best, yes i said THE BEST ramp ever made with just 5 diverters if i'm not wrong...and the artwork playfield and cabinet with black light decals are awesome.
this game deserve a code update on some mods, why not an LCD development and it could be a top 10 game for sure.

I won’t deny that a ramp that redirects to 5 locations is very cool. But this brings me to another point. These BBB games are absolutely gorgeous. There is no mistaking these for a Capcom manufactured game. The cab, the clearcoat, the anodizing, the wiring. These machines are built as if it were one mans life dream to do so. Gorgeous. For a game about chasing women and trying to ‘get lucky’ at a alien stripper bar, it’s a lot to live up to.
Who is the target audience for this type of theme and humor in 2019? Lol. I better shut up.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#811 6 years ago

What are these?

bbb (resized).jpgbbb (resized).jpg

#812 6 years ago

they look like switches to detect balls in a ball lock mechanism.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are these?

It’s a ball lock. Similar to what you might see on a Lord of the Rings or CV

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I won’t deny that a ramp that redirects to 5 locations is very cool. But this brings me to another point. These BBB games are absolutely gorgeous. There is no mistaking these for a Capcom manufactured game. The cab, the clearcoat, the anodizing, the wiring. These machines are built as if it were one mans life dream to do so. Gorgeous. For a game about chasing women and trying to ‘get lucky’ at a alien stripper bar, it’s a lot to live up to.
Who is the target audience for this type of theme and humor in 2019? Lol. I better shut up.

Easy. Pinball players!
Seriously, Sex, horror, science fiction, space... are just timeless themes.

#815 6 years ago

Easy. Pinball players!
Seriously, Sex, horror, science fiction, space... are just timeless themes.

The great white male isn’t the only demo in pinball these days. I don’t know what it’s like in France, but sex and harassment in the workplace are sore topics in the USA these days. And so is exploitation of women, prostitution, alien trafficking. Lol. It’s a hot little title, that’s for sure. But how many rooms are going to want to hear these kinds of call outs all day? Lol. I’m shutting up before I get banned,

#816 6 years ago

The great white male isn’t the only demo in pinball these days. I don’t know what it’s like in France, but sex and harassment in the workplace are sore topics in the USA these days. And so is exploitation of women, prostitution, alien trafficking. Lol. It’s a hot little title, that’s for sure. But how many rooms are going to want to hear these kinds of call outs all day? Lol. I’m shutting up before I get banned,

****ROLLS EYES****

So only white men like sexy themes? I can assure you that's not the case.

Also, this theme has nothing to do with workplace harassment. It's about picking up in a bar.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

****ROLLS EYES****
So only white men like sexy themes? I can assure you that's not the case.
Also, this theme has nothing to do with workplace harassment. It's about picking up in a bar.

Not just any Bar. I dont get any impression that the women at the bar are there for leisure. They are waitressing, stripping, ‘getting lucky’ .
It reminds of a bar I once went to in Bangkok. The Hairy Clam on Sumkumvit , but that’s another thread.

With some small change up in code/dmd/call out who knows...

#818 6 years ago

Not just any Bar. I dont get any impression that the women at the bar are there for leisure. They are waitressing, stripping, ‘getting lucky’ .
It reminds of a bar I once went to in Bangkok. The Hairy Clam on Sumkumvit , but that’s another thread.
With some small change up in code/dmd/call out who knows...

And? Who cares?

#819 6 years ago

I think that you are too much in the reflection, in the transposition of the problems of society. It is just a game, a pinball machine. And It just seems to me that many more games are more explicit and irreverent than BBB.

#820 6 years ago

The great white male ...

Wow! Racism rears it's ugly head on Pinside! Awesome!

#821 6 years ago

Is there an Announcement date ?
Thanks

#822 6 years ago

So glad this thread is titled "no more speculation"

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup. Like I posted earlier, it should be changed to "Lots more speculation!"

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Clearly it must be

#825 6 years ago

WOW! So now in our politicly correct world, playing a pinball machine with a sexy women on it is considered the same as sexual harassment in the workplace, exploitation of women, prostitution, alien trafficking. When will these people stop? Soon pinball machines will be just different colors with now artwork just so it doesn't offend anyone. Kinda like the new Supreme pinball without the logo. haha.

#826 6 years ago

I would think BBB or CC considering they are the highest priced games ?

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

s there an Announcement date ?
Thanks

NO cickets

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

alien trafficking

I see what you did there!

#829 6 years ago

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A company is probably going to make an unknown game at an unspecified point in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe not!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#830 6 years ago

They're probably going to remake Atari Hercules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the best pinball game ever!!!!!!!!!! Because I personally like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start selling off your Hercules pinball games, it's a depreciating asset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My uncle is a plumber, so he knows all about pinball manufacture, and he says the next remake is going to be Hercules!!!!!!!!

No more speculation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right around the corner, maybe next week or maybe when your infant child is in a retirement home!!!!!!!!!

#831 6 years ago

I hate to burst your bubble, but the jury is still out on pin-up art among the feminist types.

Some feminists say that pin-up art is empowering, some say it's oppressive.

It's relevant to pinball, because pinball art is commercial art, which is designed to attract customers. Which sometimes includes some PG pin-up art to attract the attention of young men.

So you're going to have to wait until the verdict comes in before you curl up into the fetal position and primal scream about how pinball is oppressing you.

One thing you can do is continue to revile white heterosexual men, that's the infantile philosophical underpinning of the entire social justice movement.

https://www.theonion.com/women-now-empowered-by-everything-a-woman-does-1819566746

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I would think BBB or CC considering they are the highest priced games ?

Please not BBB. I already have Iron Maiden and Toy Story to buy, I don't think my bank account can handle a third game right now!

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a tune to help you pass the time while you wait for the next CGC game. I always think of this when I see your Pinside username:

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Please not BBB. I already have Iron Maiden and Toy Story to buy, I don't think my bank account can handle a third game right now!

What???? Was Toy Story officially announced?

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Please not BBB. I already have Iron Maiden and Toy Story to buy.

Yeah, do not remake BBB. (And only to help out Hammerhead's finances and not because I already own a BBB.)

Quoted from tmntrule999:

Nah. He's just toying with you.

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Officially speculated to an unconfirmed unofficial announcement made from a disgruntled employee.
In other words. Yeah it's next.

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Toy story...DVD or Blu-ray?

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yeah, do not remake BBB. (And only to help out Hammerhead's finances and not because I already own a BBB.)

Not nice for others who wanna it.

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Officially speculated to an unconfirmed unofficial announcement made from a disgruntled employee.
In other words. Yeah it's next.

In this business, always accept a request for a salary increase

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Jacob’s ladder

I'm in!

OyXgj.gifOyXgj.gif

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's a tune to help you pass the time while you wait for the next CGC game. I always think of this when I see your Pinside username:
» YouTube video

good song

My username I, Robot comes from the fact that I was the biggest Atari I, Robot fan in the USA back in 1984.

I figure I was the biggest fan because I'm 6'-5" and because I'm the only person I ever met who dropped a lot of quarters into it.

I might have been the USA's best player at the time. If i remember correctly, I could get up to around the second shark attack wave.

Decades later, everyone decided it's an awesome game and a holy grail collector game and they go for $4000 ish now, which is big money in the arcade world.

irobot (resized).jpgirobot (resized).jpg

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

My username I, Robot comes from the fact that I was the biggest Atari I, Robot fan in the USA back in 1984.

And all this time I thought it was after the book by Isaac Asimov or the 1977 album by the Alan Parson's project.

I really need to start keeping up with current events.

#843 6 years ago

Oh man, I Robot blew my ten year old mind so much when I first saw it in the arcade.

#844 6 years ago

I'm thinking a announcement is about 4 weeks out...

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

One thing you can do is continue to revile white heterosexual men, that's the infantile philosophical underpinning of the entire social justice movement.

maybe you shouldn't post about things you are completely ignorant of.

#846 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

good song
I figure I was the biggest fan because I'm 6'-5" and because I'm the only person I ever met who dropped a lot of quarters into it.
I might have been the USA's best player at the time. If i remember correctly, I could get up to around the second shark attack wave.
Decades later, everyone decided it's an awesome game and a holy grail collector game and they go for $4000 ish now, which is big money in the arcade world.

Back then at Aladins Castle!

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Oh man, I Robot blew my ten year old mind so much when I first saw it in the arcade.

I was a big fan of Atari Star Wars and Battlezone, but the I, Robot was absolutely amazing, the first true solid polygon 3D game, with shading.

It was a true breakthrough at the time. Nobody played it for some reason. they claim that people couldn't understand it, but it's just a variation of the classic maze type games

It's a very fun game, the MAME version plays well.

#848 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I, Robot was absolutely amazing

I always liked this song off that album.

#849 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always liked this song off that album.
» YouTube video

great song!

1977 was a good year.

I wore an Angel's Flight suit to my 8th grade prom. If you've got it, you flaunt it!

d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpgd80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg

#850 6 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/17?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.