BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.
#751 6 years ago

Lloyd I’m excited to see it and hoping and crossing my fingers that it is indeed Big Bang Bar

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lloyd I’m excited to see it and hoping and crossing my fingers that it is indeed Big Bang Bar

I'm excited too. I wish it was here already so I'd know what it is and can get prepared for any tech calls coming in.

LTG : )

#753 6 years ago

It is very weird for me, we know a game is coming from them, every company loves to build hype, that's how to make money. Just say what game it is going to be and then do an official reveal at a set date, if you need to move back the reveal date no on will be that upset because you already told them what the game would be. Really bizarre if you ask me. I would always keep the public informed with new products in the works, it creates excitement. Now a days we are all one click away from knowing anything, we are not interested in waiting, at least I am not.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

if you need to move back the reveal date no on will be that upset because you already told them what the game would be. Really bizarre if you ask me.

Have you Been on Pinside Lately?? If they say Anything that is or is Not 100% to the day, second, or design the pitch forks are out Instantly! lol We may not like it but it is Their business. We can choose to buy or not buy but we can not tell them what They need to do or when. Just an opinion. Even When they announce Whatever It is there will Certainly be a line of posts to say what they did wrong and what they Should have done. lol All OEM's suffer the same fait. Dammed if you do....

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

we know a game is coming from them,

Really ? How. From rumors on Pinside ? Or from the manufacturers ?

Now Doug did post the next remake would be unveiled at TPF. And it wasn't ready, and the reveal is delayed.

Quoted from Indusguys:

if you need to move back the reveal date no on will be that upset because you already told them what the game would be.

You must have missed the posts of people that would skip the next CGC pin and buy something else when it wasn't revealed at TPF.

It seems to me the hype has been from posts on Pinside, rather than from the manufacturers.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Now Doug did post the next remake would be unveiled at TPF. And it wasn't ready, and the reveal is delayed.

You must have missed the posts of people that would skip the next CGC pin and buy something else when it wasn't revealed at TPF.
It seems to me the hype has been from posts on Pinside, rather than from the manufacturers.

Kinda like spoiled children.

#757 6 years ago

I am tired of waiting as well, however I can't complain. I just continue to have my money and current machine trade ready just hoping and hoping so much that it is Monster Bash!!!!!

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am tired of waiting as well, however I can't complain. I just continue to have my money and current machine trade ready just hoping and hoping so much that it is Monster Bash!!!!!

i hope you do not consider to trade your Met pro with MBr...coz i can tell you that you are wrong. MB is a fun game and humorous but rules are shallow and get boring quickly. Met is way better imho
i have one nice original MB and it is ready to be sold to fund either BBBr or/and Wooly

#759 6 years ago

The game is ready when it is ready, sell it to me at that point. Waiting 2 years for the Medieval Madness remake wasn't much of a joy as I recall.
CGC has been top notch at every turn I have dealt with them. I trust them in their process.

I am just as excited as everyone else for remake #3. Based on the last 2 products that they knocked out of the park, I believe it will be worth the wait.

If the suspense has you riled up, just think about how much money you will need to buy one and that should help you find your center

Lloyd...whatever they make you will master in no time.

IMG_6767 (resized).JPGIMG_6767 (resized).JPG

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i hope you do not consider to trade your Met pro with MBr...coz i can tell you that you are wrong. MB is a fun game and humorous but rules are shallow and get boring quickly. Met is way better imho
i have one nice original MB and it is ready to be sold to fund either BBBr or/and Wooly

I sold my Met Prem to make space for MBr, which in my opinion is a better game. Met is fun but the theme and lack of humor left me a little cold. I also love the build quality of the CGC machines.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I sold my Met Prem to make space for MBr, which in my opinion is a better game. Met is fun but the theme and lack of humor left me a little cold. I also love the build quality of the CGC machines.

i do not like Met theme either, that is not appealing humour factor by the way.

but, in my opinion, the game and ruleset are way better. and i was answering to that pinball fellow that has a single machine and so i advise him to keep his met pro for lastability. just my 2 cents. However, MB is an A game and then MBr will be too. Just hope BBBr before! (it would mean that you did it well in advance to sell your game!)

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

WOW. MB is one of my all-time faves (yeah yeah the rules are shallow, which is a problem only if you own 1 game), but even I would think twice about this! Way to go man, balls out!

#763 6 years ago

Doesn't everyone know it's MBR?

I guess not

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Doesn't everyone know it's MBR?
I guess not

My brothers friends neighbor knows a guy he works with that said his neighbor heard his mailman say its probably MBr or possibly Lloyds Clown game. 50-50

#765 6 years ago

Yeah, I know that Metallica goes deeper into play, but I honestly just love Monster Bash so much. I am a huge Universal Monsters fan so that probably makes me a little bias too. I have probably spent like over 300 hours playing Monster Bash on Pinballarcade(where usually in digital pinball, I play a game for like 2 to 10 hours total before I start getting bored of it)and have never gone bored at all. Just love the game so much, even after hitting the milestone of Monsters of Rock on the machine, I will still be obsessed with just continuing to always go for a new high score.

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Yeah, I know that Metallica goes deeper into play, but I honestly just love Monster Bash so much. I am a huge Universal Monsters fan so that probably makes me a little bias too. I have probably spent like over 300 hours playing Monster Bash on Pinballarcade(where usually in digital pinball, I play a game for like 2 to 10 hours total before I start getting bored of it)and have never gone bored at all. Just love the game so much, even after hitting the milestone of Monsters of Rock on the machine, I will still be obsessed with just continuing to always go for a new high score.

So MB or MBr is for you...and hope code could be updated. That would be great for all who love this game.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My brothers friends neighbor knows a guy he works with that said his neighbor heard his mailman say its probably MBr or possibly Lloyds Clown game. 50-50

Can we trust him?

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I will guarantee that these people who said they would skip the next CGC pin will be the first in line to buy it, without a doubt. Anyone who is that upset will be just as happy when it comes out/revealed. Come on buddy.

That's how we know a game is coming, because they said a game was coming. Seems like common sense to me. I guess I am a different consumer then you. Tell me something is coming, I get excited, reveal it I get more excited, release it I play it and like then I buy it.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It would make sense to me for them to just release all 8 titles. Go catalog. Just order the one you want. No LEs, but upgraded code and toys. The games are mostly the same. Just populate the pfs and put together each machine as it rolls down the line.

Good idea

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have you Been on Pinside Lately?? If they say Anything that is or is Not 100% to the day, second, or design the pitch forks are out Instantly! lol We may not like it but it is Their business. We can choose to buy or not buy but we can not tell them what They need to do or when. Just an opinion. Even When they announce Whatever It is there will Certainly be a line of posts to say what they did wrong and what they Should have done. lol All OEM's suffer the same fait. Dammed if you do....

All these people with pitchforks are the first people pulling out their wallets.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

All these people with pitchforks are the first people pulling out their wallets.

Now That is a Pinside Fact!

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like Iron Maiden. That wasn't a short mystery.
And when Stern announced, we see games on the line, and the worlds largest launch party coming up at MGC next weekend. And people getting their games very soon.
These companies know what they are doing. They can't stop rampant speculation on the internet they didn't start. And they aren't responsible for providing people time to save up for their favorite game. Follow the patterns companies have done in the past for timing on the next game, and plan accordingly in case it's a game you want.

Always put away money and have one slot open. I've made the mistake having so many games and tripping over them, then something comes.up... new title or old... And you want it, go and grab it. As soon as you fill that last slot work on moving something out and getting cash for the next grab.

Its very hard to keep that slot open. Sometimes I had literally 10-20 games too many. And wanted more. But then doing things like 'i need.to sell 4 classics to fund a new game... And I need to do it now!" is stupid.

People with space for only one pin or infinite-like storage or endless funds can ignore me. Actually, everyone can ignore me. . Just my 2 cents from experience...

#773 6 years ago

Love my MET Pro but seriously? I'd take a MB over it.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Yep seriously... have had met for 3 years... restored modded mb only last month's and i love the theme much more than met.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Had two MBs..... The first lasted 6/8 months in my home and the second was a flip. Had MET LE since the preorder but since then switched to a PRO as I feel gameplay is better.

Never was without a MET since they came out and I have zero intention of selling .

#776 6 years ago

Why do so many assume code will be updated/improved on certain remakes? They haven't touched code thus far on the others.

Seems like wishful thinking that just cause the code sucks on a hopeful remake, that they will make it better.

That being said, if BBBr comes out and they leave it alone, I see that game becoming known as a dud. Its really not that great of a player. What made it cool was the rarity and story behind the rerun Gene did.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

f BBBr comes out and they leave it alone, I see that game becoming known as a dud. Its really not that great of a player. What made it cool was the rarity and story behind the rerun Gene did.

The theme knocks it out of the park for me. Layout is OK, but it's a little klunky and pops and flippers don't feel right and code could use some work.
So I agree, if they leave it be and just make more, they might sell another 2-300. If they fix the "feel" and update the rules, it could be a multi-thousand seller.

If they do the latter and the price is right, I'd add one to the collection.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Why do so many assume code will be updated/improved on certain remakes? They haven't touched code thus far on the others.
Seems like wishful thinking that just cause the code sucks on a hopeful remake, that they will make it better.
That being said, if BBBr comes out and they leave it alone, I see that game becoming known as a dud. Its really not that great of aa slam dunk player. What made it cool was the rarity and story behind the rerun Gene did.

Totally agree with this. There are a couple of games that will have to have code enhancements (CC, Possibly BBB) in order for those games to sell and not be dumped on to the resell market in 6 months or less. (which not only damages the brand but also hurts the new sale market) right now there are 6 AFMr on Denver Craig's list! 6. And that one was supposed to be a slam dunk. Whatever they release next is going to have to do better or this train is going to derail!

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

That being said, if BBBr comes out and they leave it alone, I see that game becoming known as a dud. Its really not that great of a player.

I respectfully disagree and found BBB a very fun game with some of the best art and sounds ever. Very cool interactive toys too.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course, but I believe many people's expectations are set way too high before playing one. Because of the enormous price, most people cannot justify what they sell for and I believe that clouds their judgment concerning game play. Not accusing you or anyone but I also believe jealousy subconsciously plays a role in some people not liking it.

It's not the greatest game ever but easily a top 100 and most likely a top 50, IMO. If they remake it, it will be the only title of the remakes that I'm interested in.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This I absolutely do agree with.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Totally agree with this. There are a couple of games that will have to have code enhancements (CC, Possibly BBB) in order for those games to sell and not be dumped on to the resell market in 6 months or less. (which not only damages the brand but also hurts the new sale market) right now there are 6 AFMr on Denver Craig's list! 6. And that one was supposed to be a slam dunk. Whatever they release next is going to have to do better or this train is going to derail!

I'm confused. So because there are 6 AFMr for sale in Denver, that means the game was a dud? Is that what you are implying?

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I respectfully disagree and found BBB a very fun game with some of the best art and sounds ever. Very cool interactive toys too.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course, but I believe many people's expectations are set way too high before playing one. Because of the enormous price, most people cannot justify what they sell for and I believe that clouds their judgment somewhat. Not accusing you or anyone but I also believe jealousy subconsciously plays a role in some people not liking it.
It's not the greatest game ever but easily a top 100 and most likely a top 50, IMO. If they remake it, it will be the only title of the remakes that I'm interested in.

I agree, fun game. I just hope they update and balance the code to make more risk v reward.

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

That being said, if BBBr comes out and they leave it alone, I see that game becoming known as a dud. Its really not that great of a player. What made it cool was the rarity and story behind the rerun Gene did.

Code “upgrades” are not as easy on older games as they are on say, a newer Stern or JJP. Changes to code would require access to the original code (the actual code before it was compiled and written to each chip, or a kickout in the emulator that detects a very specific situation (which has to be exactly the same each time) and then runs a separate branch of newer code, and returns exactly to the game but skipping the “old” section. This is hard. Seems unlikely.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree, fun game. I just hope they update and balance the code to make more risk v reward.

Do we know if CGC actually has full time software guys on staff? As we all know, reproducing these things "as is" is hard enough. It's going to be a very different challenge for them if they decide to get into enhancing the code. Hope they do but this will drastically complicate things IMO. If they are making good money on previous releases I find it very hard to believe they will release a game with "updated code" anytime soon.

#785 6 years ago

I agree with Mr68 on the BBB. It’s a fun and really unique theme. Like any game, it’s not strictly about the playfield. The overall ntegration of theme, art, music and gameplay make it special. If it had been mass produced, I believe it would be in a lot of collections. Price limits access and leads to more critical review.

Despite predictions of gloom and doom, these games are still changing hands and no one is loosing their shirt on resale. Many of these change hands outside of this forum, where price police aren’t invited to participate. Prices will drop when remakes are announced, obviously. For now, it still commands a premium due to the rarity and uniqueness of the title.

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I own BBB , and I totally agree. Of all the games in my collection , BBB is the least played, the biggest snooze. As in, it’s boring. It’s a 1 ramp game, folks. People new to the house will be drawn to the BBB for its rarity, play 1 game, and generally compLete all the modes in their first game. As in, beat the game in their first 3 balls. I don’t understand people wanting this pin for the gameplay. The game isn’t that great or deep, guys, it’s popular because of the back story and rarity.

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I own BBB , and I totally agree. Of all the games in my collection , BBB is the least played, the biggest snooze. As in, it’s boring. It’s a 1 ramp game, folks. I don’t understand people wanting this pin for the gameplay. The game isn’t that great or deep, guys, it’s popular because of the back story and rarity.

Guess I'll find out when I buy the BBB remake. I played it at arcade expo along with hundreds of other pins and it's always my favorite game at the show. But then again I also love Who Dunnit which is also well hated here, so my tastes don't always align with pinside.

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I think Rick has stated on Pinside that they would consider providing revised/enhanced code on remakes going forward (in response to questions about CC and CCC). This was some time ago before CGC became active on Pinside, so who knows if it still holds.

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think Rick has stated on Pinside that they would consider providing revised/enhanced code on remakes going forward (in response to questions about CC and CCC). This was some time ago before CGC became active on Pinside, so who knows if it still holds.

Rick is a salesman and his word is not to be trusted. It's been proven time and time again.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Rick is a salesman and his word is not to be trusted. It's been proven time and time again.

I’m not making any bets, for sure. But the question was raised why people keep talking about it, and I think Rick’s statements are a big part of that (plus people’s concerns about the underlying code on some of the rarer titles, of course).

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

coz it has already been said by Rick

Quoted from PPS:

As for code updates for any remakes, sure, it can be done, will depend on the specific game and the specific issues, and what approach to fix them or make them better and improve the overall game. We've compiled game code, so this is not a super big deal (i'm sure it's more of a big deal to make changes and ensure that it doesn't break something else), but that is all within Chicago Gaming role to figure out what it takes to make a great remake.
rick

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I own BBB , and I totally agree. Of all the games in my collection , BBB is the least played, the biggest snooze. As in, it’s boring. It’s a 1 ramp game, folks. People new to the house will be drawn to the BBB for its rarity, play 1 game, and generally compLete all the modes in their first game. As in, beat the game in their first 3 balls. I don’t understand people wanting this pin for the gameplay. The game isn’t that great or deep, guys, it’s popular because of the back story and rarity.

why so many people enjoy MB? CV or SS...
these games are less challenging than BBB in my opinion.
you need to complete mode to get wizard mode in BBB if i don't make a mistake...not so easy

BBB has a great theme and the best, yes i said THE BEST ramp ever made with just 5 diverters if i'm not wrong...and the artwork playfield and cabinet with black light decals are awesome.

this game deserve a code update on some mods, why not an LCD development and it could be a top 10 game for sure.

#793 6 years ago

I think we are a LONG way away from CGC actually writing new game code for games (ie improving). Sure they can squash some original bugs, or make basic changes like lighting, etc. But actual NEW code that adds modes/features to the games? I don't think so. Regardless of how it turns out, can you imagine the backlash from actually changing "classic" games? Sure there are some exceptions out there, such as CCC, but that wasn't done by a pinball manufacturer. I don't think there's any way they risk changing any classic games other than very minor stuff.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I'm confused. So because there are 6 AFMr for sale in Denver, that means the game was a dud? Is that what you are implying?

Insert conjecture here.... I am just saying I am shocked that there are that many of one title NIB 6 months ago for sale at the same time. I know of three other owners of those games here local that have sold or traded their game away in the past 3 months. Coincidence? Perhaps, but not likely.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think we are a LONG way away from CGC actually writing new game code for games (ie improving). Sure they can squash some original bugs, or make basic changes like lighting, etc. But actual NEW code that adds modes/features to the games? I don't think so. Regardless of how it turns out, can you imagine the backlash from actually changing "classic" games? Sure there are some exceptions out there, such as CCC, but that wasn't done by a pinball manufacturer. I don't think there's any way they risk changing any classic games other than very minor stuff.

If they make changes of any significance to any of the games they will be wise to include a setting to play the original code as well

#796 6 years ago

coz it has already been said by Rick

Read what Rick typed again and tell me what it actually means (hint: it means absolutely nothing!)

It's just sales/marketing speak. Sure a lot of stuff COULD happen, but I highly doubt it.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If they make changes of any significance to any of the games they will be wise to include a setting to play the original code as well

This is what is rumored for CCr. It does exist with Continued as well.

#798 6 years ago

There had to be some code enhancement on AFMr for the interactive lighting that they did for the speaker LEDs and the topper. Yes I am sure that is was probably something small but it still was a code change.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

There had to be some code enhancement on AFMr for the interactive lighting that they did for the speaker LEDs and the topper. Yes I am sure that is was probably something small but it still was a code change.

I’m no expert, but as I understand it MMR and AFMR are running emulators that then run the original game code. So “enhancements” like topper code, extra lights, reanimated DMD, etc. should be relatively straightforward to add since the don’t affect the original code (they would run “on top” of the original code as part of the emulator).

If you’re trying to fundamentally change the way the game plays you’d either have to edit the original code directly, or recode the entire game (I think that’s what was done with CCC?)

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

According to Rick (yeah, yeah), it would be an option -- you can play in classic mode if you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/16?hl=cosmojoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.