BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

NGG but you have to watch a complete live tournament on the golf channel first.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

it is CGC’ s turn. Does anyone know when it could be?

I would guess within a month.

LTG : )

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would guess within a month.

I hope it will be BBBr

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I hope it will be BBBr

I know it's a long shot, but I'm still hoping for Punchy The Clown R

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

One very important difference. They all took money to fund the development of the games. We have not, nor will we, take preorders to fund the development of the games.

Fair enough. Thank you for responding. I did not intend for my comments to be mean spirited. In retrospect, they do look that way. I think I did misunderstand your business plan. I enjoyed your interview on This Flippin Podcast and wish you well in your project.

#707 6 years ago

Still holding hope for mbr

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Still holding hope for mbr

All but the official announcement has leaked out. MBR is poised to be confirmed any week now as #3.

#709 6 years ago

So, after reading all the posts in the thread...I think the title should be changed to "Lots More Speculation".

#710 6 years ago

I wonder if they are using a Vandegroff Generator for the topper? Now that would be new/old technology. A partical excellerator! Sending static lightning to a couple electrodes! Very fun, a whole new level for Monster Bash!

1 week later
#711 6 years ago

So any idea when this next machine will be announced now?

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I wonder if they are using a Vandegroff Generator for the topper? Now that would be new/old technology. A partical excellerator! Sending static lightning to a couple electrodes! Very fun, a whole new level for Monster Bash!

Or a Jacob's ladder.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Or a Jacob's ladder.

A true Jacob’s ladder would be super unsafe, and a Van De Graaf generator isn’t really super visually impressive unfortunately (unless they came up with a new way to use it!). You could fake it with EL wire, there are examples on YouTube

#714 6 years ago

A visible electric generator of some type incorporated into the topper is a great idea. That would be super cool if they could get it to work and would fit the MB theme perfectly.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A true Jacob’s ladder would be super unsafe, and a Van De Graaf generator isn’t really super visually impressive unfortunately (unless they came up with a new way to use it!). You could fake it with EL wire, there are examples on YouTube

I should have added a smiley face to my post.

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I should have added a smiley face to my post.

Aaaah... I see what you
Did there

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

When done and ready to show. Doug Duba will give the go ahead.

#718 6 years ago

No

#719 6 years ago

Hopefully soon, but who really knows.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Hopefully soon, but who really knows.

The shadow knows.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The shadow knows.

Oooooh!! Is that a clue?!?!

#722 6 years ago

Lloyd saw his shadow and there were six more weeks of speculation.

#723 6 years ago

This routine is so stupid. If you want my money, tell me whats next or I'll just buy from another company in the mean time. The whole Mystery thing is the dumbest thing ever and doesn't help them at all.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

This routine is so stupid. If you want my money, tell me whats next or I'll just buy from another company in the mean time. The whole Mystery thing is the dumbest thing ever and doesn't help them at all.

This is spot on!

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

The whole Mystery thing is the dumbest thing ever and doesn't help them at all.

Wasn't meant to be a mystery. Doug Duba doesn't want to reveal the game until it's ready.

Whether it hurts them or not, he's the guy in charge.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Totally agree... very annoying.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't meant to be a mystery. Doug Duba doesn't want to reveal the game until it's ready.
Whether it hurts them or not, he's the guy in charge.

You are the best pinball tech on this site but you are very norrow minded if you think people don't want to know the next title. It would be stupid live and learn.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

but you are very norrow minded if you think people don't want to know the next title.

I know people want to know. No stopping curiosity.

But all the speculation won't change CGC's planned release. All of which pretty much grew here on Pinside.

Quoted from Spencer:

You are the best pinball tech on this site

Thank you for the kind words my friend. But there are plenty here way more knowledgeable than me.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

You are the best pinball tech on this site but you are very norrow minded if you think people don't want to know the next title. It would be stupid live and learn.

How did you get that out of what Lloyd said? I thought he was detailing Doug’s motives, not passing judgment on or even discussing Pinsider’s wishes. And I didn’t even see him agreeing with Doug’s motives... just detailing them.

#730 6 years ago

REMAKE GODZILLA

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

The reasoning behind it doesn't make sense anymore. When Stern was the only company, it used to be secret so buyers wouldn't skip buying the newest machine because of an announcement of a different pin coming out months later. They didn't want to cannibalize their own sales. A strategy only a monopoly could employ.

Times have changed and there in no pinball monopoly anymore. This is a competitor who should be trying to get Pinheads to forgo the competition and use that money for what they are offering. Many buyers only have money for 1 or 2 pins a year. Announcing the next pin would cut into other companies sales more than your own.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A true Jacob’s ladder would be super unsafe

Seems pretty safe to me:

195E03B4-200D-4066-B72A-6E87989003D7 (resized).jpeg195E03B4-200D-4066-B72A-6E87989003D7 (resized).jpeg

Unless you were thinking of this, in which case fair point:

A3B66716-C8B2-4B64-BC63-610CDEF2F323 (resized).jpegA3B66716-C8B2-4B64-BC63-610CDEF2F323 (resized).jpeg

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But all the speculation won't change CGC's planned release.

As me.
I mean i’m only interested in BBBr and so only would buy this one, even if the next is finally a MBr or CCr with an awesome topper, new technology...

If companies revealed their building pinball planning for the incoming year, it could allow buyers to save money, sell some pins to fund a wealthy year or not. I do not think it would create a negative sales outlook as artwork, layout, conception team, gameplay are still determining factors for the sale of a game.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems pretty safe to me:

Unless you were thinking of this, in which case fair point:

lol!!

#735 6 years ago

This is an impossible situation for a manufacturer. You are scorned for:
1. Announcing a game that isn’t playable yet.
2. Releasing a playable game with incomplete code.
3. Not announcing until the game is complete.
If you really think about the options, it seems to me that Doug and CGC have probably picked the lesser of the evils. Yes, I get that it is a remake but they are making changes. Each of those changes has a certain potential failure, perhaps even in supply chain. Imagine if they announced the game with a new LCD but then the supplier couldn’t meet the demand and CGC was forced to alter that post announcement to a more common LCD. Pinside would flip out!

#736 6 years ago

my Only interest would be BBB. It is not a machine I will eventually stumble upon cheaply like the others.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Yea, I have completely lost interest at this point. Lots of new stuff coming to get excited about.

#738 6 years ago

I’m left to wonder why MB, or even CC, if WMS two “Rule of Threes” smash hits have already been released. Same fkn thing, over and over and over again.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

How did you get that out of what Lloyd said? I thought he was detailing Doug’s motives, not passing judgment on or even discussing Pinsider’s wishes. And I didn’t even see him agreeing with Doug’s motives... just detailing them.

About 26 beers later it seemed to make sense? lol

My point is clearly agreed with though, making everything a mystery isn't worth it.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I’m left to wonder why MB, or even CC, if WMS two “Rule of Threes” smash hits have already been released. Same fkn thing, over and over and over ag

It would make sense to me for them to just release all 8 titles. Go catalog. Just order the one you want. No LEs, but upgraded code and toys. The games are mostly the same. Just populate the pfs and put together each machine as it rolls down the line.

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

About 26 beers later it seemed to make sense? lol
My point is clearly agreed with though, making everything a mystery isn't worth it.

Agreed but as Lloyd was Trying to explain... CGC at No time said What they were going to release, When they were going to release, Nor said they were doing anything! The entire Mystery was created on Pinside. lol The mystery to me is why everyone is so upset and critical of their business when the only let down is the ASSumptions created here? If buyers want the game they release, when they release it, and how they release it they will buy it. If there is a Different title people want in a time frame they like they will buy that. Can't find anything wrong with CGC staying quiet and releasing a perfect upgraded what ever it is with a plan of execution They can commit to. I am on board with Any of the options They execute When they do so. JMO

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed but as Lloyd was Trying to explain... CGC at No time said What they were going to release, When they were going to release, Nor said they were doing anything! The entire Mystery was created on Pinside. lol The mystery to me is why everyone is so upset and critical of their business when the only let down is the ASSumptions created here? If buyers want the game they release, when they release it, and how they release it they will buy it. If there is a Different title people want in a time frame they like they will buy that. Can't find anything wrong with CGC staying quiet and releasing a perfect upgraded what ever it is with a plan of execution They can commit to. I am on board with Any of the options They execute When they do so. JMO

What he said x 100%.
I applaud CGC for not throwing out an unfinished title. But at the same time wishing I knew what was coming up. I look at it this way. If it’s worth making a remake of the title it will probably get done.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I never said they should release it early, unfinished, etc.

I only said, the complete mystery about what game is next is so strange and I don't understand why its needed. Announce the title, let everyone get there money together and release it when ready.

#744 6 years ago

Why are people getting so worked up for over-rated, shallow rule set, 20+ year old crap?!!

So much deeper and superior new stuff out there to spend your money on.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Why are people getting so worked up for over-rated, shallow rule set, 20+ year old crap?!!
So much deeper and superior new stuff out there to spend your money on

If this is indeed true, then the remake program will die. We will see.....

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from abeas:

This is an impossible situation for a manufacturer. You are scorned for:
1. Announcing a game that isn’t playable yet.
2. Releasing a playable game with incomplete code.
3. Not announcing until the game is complete.
If you really think about the options, it seems to me that Doug and CGC have probably picked the lesser of the evils. Yes, I get that it is a remake but they are making changes. Each of those changes has a certain potential failure, perhaps even in supply chain. Imagine if they announced the game with a new LCD but then the supplier couldn’t meet the demand and CGC was forced to alter that post announcement to a more common LCD. Pinside would flip out!

Its a remake that most have played all ready. It wld not hurt to announce the title, upgrades and info about it.

#747 6 years ago

If it is indeed BBB I’ll have to be hitting up the piggy bank

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So much deeper and superior new stuff out there to spend your money on.

It depends on what kind of player you are. Too much complexe rules kill the game sometimes.
And CGC said that games remake could have code updates if needed.
Despite all new games I still love my MM and is still my favorite

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I only said, the complete mystery about what game is next is so strange and I don't understand why its needed. Announce the title, let everyone get there money together and release it when ready.

Like Iron Maiden. That wasn't a short mystery.

And when Stern announced, we see games on the line, and the worlds largest launch party coming up at MGC next weekend. And people getting their games very soon.

These companies know what they are doing. They can't stop rampant speculation on the internet they didn't start. And they aren't responsible for providing people time to save up for their favorite game. Follow the patterns companies have done in the past for timing on the next game, and plan accordingly in case it's a game you want.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

These companies know what they are doing. They can't stop rampant speculation on the internet they didn't start. And they aren't responsible for providing people time to save up for their favorite game. Follow the patterns companies have done in the past for timing on the next game, and plan accordingly in case it's a game you want.

I disagree but hey, different strokes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 209.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.