BBB seat (resized).jpeg
BBB stool (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180521-192822_Gallery (resized).jpg
MBR (resized).png
IMG_1458 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1525466881325 (resized).jpg
C02F6C27-860A-42B6-8951-00CF0128890A (resized).png
d80508fcca2fb05aa0bd7d652f396ec7 (resized).jpg
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Yes there is. I firmly believe it's that fiduciary duties crap.
LTG : )

Not sure what "fiduciary" means but don't think Capcom will claim a dime for this. Only a lawyer could get what it is or i might be wrong

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Not sure what "fiduciary" means but don't think Capcom will claim a dime for this. Only a lawyer could get what it is or i might be wrong

I was making a joke. Fiduciary is at the bottom of your post.

According to the trademarks you posted. Things are fine. PPS has the trademark for BBB and KP. And since PPS is involved with CMG on the PC project, I believe they are up to speed on the KP project.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was making a joke. Fiduciary is at the bottom of your post.
According to the trademarks you posted. Things are fine. PPS has the trademark for BBB and KP. And since PPS is involved with CMG on the PC project, I believe they are up to speed on the KP project.

Nice one

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Wow, more persuasive evidence. It is practically 100% certain the announcement we will hear in maybe two months or so will be MONSTER BASH. Great news for sure (and I'll take the plunge) but I really do hope it will be CACTUS CANYON for 2019, and BIG BANG BAR for 2020 with ARABIAN NIGHTS, VOLTAIRE and KINGPIN with TOM as the titles to follow those.
The value of CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON has reached the price point for re-make as well.

Cftbl is still 5k and under ... not ready for a remake yet imo...

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ah ha! That explains that, good find!

Or it might not, I dunno, just saying.

I don't think Rick is dumb, and the stories about what Gene actually had are just stories. I have pretty solid second hand info, but who knows. Maybe Gene didn't have shit and Rick already went straight to Capcom.

I'm just playing anti-hype man, because I feel like this community sometimes just refuses to learn from the past, so someone's gotta be the grump to balance it out.

#659 6 years ago

So this is the guy that screwed up the orange on the AFM playfields...

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

2018-03-14 13.46.45 (resized).jpg

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

So this is the guy that screwed up the orange on the AFM playfields...

Haha! I thought it, but it was too mean to post that they needed to re-test his color perception. But now...it's OKAY! Right?

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha! I thought it, but it was too mean to post that they needed to re-test his color perception. But now...it's OKAY! Right?

Totally fine..I mean it's not entirely his fault. I'm sure a QC guy that didn't make the magazine should be lynched as well... lol

#662 6 years ago

CGC was talking about new technology...could it be P3-Roc system?

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

CGC was talking about new technology...could it be P3-Roc system?

That would be a game changer for me.

#664 6 years ago

Same tech they gonna use for KP

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afmr really hasn't sold a ton... le still available a year later and not alot of standards and special editions have sold from what i have heard. Mmr did ok with probably 1500 sold?

Just talked to CGC and All AFM LE are sold except for 1 and it is here at TPF in the pinball pro booth. Not bad sales plus all the standard and se sales.

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just talked to CGC and All AFM LE are sold except for 1 and it is here at TPF in the pinball pro booth. Not bad sales plus all the standard and se sales.

That's cool news.

#667 6 years ago

Any news about this?

21ff0f74-b83c-4975-94a5-733c6eaa1ab1 (resized).jpg21ff0f74-b83c-4975-94a5-733c6eaa1ab1 (resized).jpg

#668 6 years ago

Well, since the discussion here has moved to the already-released CGC re-make games I wanted to make inquiry to those who would know the answer to my question. I am set to pick up a NIB MMR machine next week in person. (about a 90 minute drive) I have requested they add a shaker motor to this standard edition model. Is the shaker motor really the only significant advantage of the LE edition? Of course having it installed mitigates that aspect. Thank you! Total price everything included is $8,200.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Any news about this?

Hahahahaha! Yes someone super astute and observant pinsider sprung the leak above on this thread, confirming what many have known for months. MB is imminent, meaning the suspense now shifts to what #4 will be. (Seems CC and BBB are vying for that 2019 spot!)

#670 6 years ago

Well, since the discussion here has moved to the already-released CGC re-make games I wanted to make inquiry to those who would know the answer to my question. I am set to pick up a NIB MMR machine next week in person. (about a 90 minute drive) I have requested they add a shaker motor to this standard edition model. Is the shaker motor really the only significant advantage of the LE edition? Of course having it installed mitigates that aspect. Thank you! Total price everything included is $8,200.

definitely want the color option for the dmd...other than a plaque, trim options, and shaker their basically the same game

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Exactly, that is why the CD has got to go! The Universal Monsters were all introduced between the 1930s and 1950s. A vinyl record would fit the theme much, much better.

Anybody want to break it to this guy that there were no distortion pedals, marshall stacks, or synths in the 1930s either?

#672 6 years ago

Any details on the LE? (Topper, powdercoating colors, price)

#673 6 years ago

I’m in the same position as you as I’m also receiving a nib MMr Standard next week. I researched this as best I could and to my knowledge if you buy the shaker motor then you essentially have the same game as the LE, as Ptownpin said. Neither the LE nor Standard comes with color dots, as both require the purchase of a chip for that (LE owners pay $200 whereas Standard owners pay $400). The LE does come with a numbered plaque on the apron and the choice of 3 different trim colors, but the Standard comes with the upgraded melamine covered plywood for the cabinet like they are using for AFMr, something the LE doesn’t have. Both have the plywood bottom and double clearcoat playfield.

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I’m in the same position as you as I’m also receiving a nib MMr Standard next week. I researched this as best I could and to my knowledge if you buy the shaker motor then you essentially have the same game as the LE, as Ptownpin said. Neither the LE nor Standard comes with color dots, as both require the purchase of a chip for that (LE owners pay $200 whereas Standard owners pay $400). The LE does come with a numbered plaque on the apron and the choice of 3 different trim colors, but the Standard comes with the upgraded melamine covered plywood for the cabinet like they are using for AFMr, something the LE doesn’t have. Both have the plywood bottom and double clearcoat playfield.

Thank you so much JJ for that!!! Sounds on balance that the Standard is basically as fine as the LE. Chips can be secured at a later date is the colored dot option is desired! Best of luck for your machine! We are kin here with the same week purchase!

#675 6 years ago

I almost bought an MMR remake myself and talked pretty extensive with an AD, and the only difference is the shaker, the “plaque” is actually a piece of paper. When I was thinking of purchasing one honestly I saw zero reason to spend the extra $ on the LE

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Cgc has sold out of them but dealer's still have them.... just like the ce edition of potc is sold out but dealer's still have them available.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I almost bought an MMR remake myself and talked pretty extensive with an AD, and the only difference is the shaker, the “plaque” is actually a piece of paper. When I was thinking of purchasing one honestly I saw zero reason to spend the extra $ on the LE

The discount on Color dots is nice, also I wanted black armor..lastly the biggest upside tot he LE was that it cost the same as the standard when it was available

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

3 reasons about remake succes:
- people are nostalgic of this era
- many games of this era feel unfinished and it is a pity
- manufacturer make these remakes right with new technology ( LCD screen, new system more reliable...)

#679 6 years ago

3 reasons about remake succes:
- people are nostalgic of this era
- many games of this era feel unfinished and it is a pity
- manufacturer make these remakes right with new technology ( LCD screen, new system more reliable...)

Will see how the reliability is in 23 years like the originals.... Something tells me they will have some issues down the road.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Any news about this?

This is a repro MB playfield, maybe from Mirco in Germany.
No news about it .. still available .....

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is a repro MB playfield, maybe from Mirco in Germany.
No news about it .. still available .....

I know, it’s mine...........was wondering if there is news about the Remake at the show.

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It's a cheap and easy license to get.

Any chance they remake IJ? I'm guessing unlikely given Disney now owns that license and how much it would cost them.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I know, it’s mine...........was wondering if there is news about the Remake at the show.

There is a nice original on DCL!

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Any chance they remake IJ? I'm guessing unlikely given Disney now owns that license and how much it would cost them.

Unlikely but not impossible sounds about right. Here’re my thoughts from a few weeks back, FWIW:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/11#post-4268489

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I know .. was just a joke .....

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Will see how the reliability is in 23 years like the originals.... Something tells me they will have some issues down the road.

23 more years down the road, you think the originals games won't have more issues when they approach 45 years old ?

#687 6 years ago

In 23 years anything can happen to any machine or company for that matter. It sounds like we will all be on fusion power generation by then....

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

In 23 years anything can happen to any machine or company for that matter. It sounds like we will all be on fusion power generation by then....

23 years? That's a long time at the pace tech is moving. Probably more like quantum entanglement-enabled power straight from the inside the sun.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Or back to '85, flux capacitance.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

23 more years down the road

26qnjz (resized).jpg26qnjz (resized).jpg

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Or back to '85, flux capacitance.

Flux capacitance wasn't the power source, though. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had to steal plutonium from the Libyans. I'm waiting for my Mr. Fusion to ship.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Flux capacitance wasn't the power source, though. Otherwise, he wouldn't have had to steal plutonium from the Libyans. I'm waiting for my Mr. Fusion to ship.

If batteries can power a car with four passengers at over 100mph for hours at a time, can pinball machines running on rechargeable batteries be far off? At a date in the future, energy usage is highly regulated by deep state and human (citizens) are limited to drawing power during off-peak hours. Hence the need for a battery powered pinball machine that can be juiced in 30 minutes that then played for a week. Lookout future, here we come.

Kids will be dumbfounded by grandpa asking if a pin's 3 AAA batteries have been changed recently. All kids know about battery power is that pinball machine cabinets come with one big battery filling the bottom of the cabinet. One doesn't simply replace the 200 pound behemoth, rather it needs to be periodically recharged by plugging it into the grid. Sheesh, old timers suk.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If batteries can power a car with four passengers at over 100mph for hours at a time, can pinball machines running on rechargeable batteries be far off? At a date in the future, energy usage is highly regulated by government deep state and citizens (humans) are limited to drawing power only during off-peak hours. Hence the need for a battery powered pinball machine that can be juiced up in 30 minutes that can be played for a week. Lookout future, here we come.

If that is the case in the future then households would need battery banks to power the fridge and everything else during peak hours so you wouldn't need a separate power supply for just the pinball game.

Anyways, if someone wants to power a pinball game today with batteries it can be done! No crazy special technology needed other than an appropriately sized battery and an inverter.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Not the power source but the storage and delivery system. 1.21 giga-watts!

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

23 more years down the road, you think the originals games won't have more issues when they approach 45 years old ?

By that time MM will have been remade AGAIN....

#696 6 years ago

yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.

If you are a pinballer and looking for new remakes, we have the machine for you. CGC will be re-making Eddy Current. That's a remake of Brian Eddy's newest pinball machine for 2019, in 2020. It will have neutron balls, and diverting pathways. If you like to scoop, there will be 2 of those. Take a trip on the orbit and get one today when it's 2020.

stefon_snl (resized).jpgstefon_snl (resized).jpg

#697 6 years ago

Well, after the greeeaaat teaser of Iron Maiden revealing, it is CGC’ s turn. Does anyone know when it could be?
Thanks

#698 6 years ago

Well, after the greeeaaat teaser of Iron Maiden revealing, it is CGC’ s turn. Does anyone know when it could be?
Thanks

NGG but you have to watch a complete live tournament on the golf channel first.

#699 6 years ago

Hoping it's CV so I can get a great price on an original! Already got my MB!

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If batteries can power a car with four passengers at over 100mph for hours at a time, can pinball machines running on rechargeable batteries be far off? At a date in the future, energy usage is highly regulated by deep state and human (citizens) are limited to drawing power during off-peak hours. Hence the need for a battery powered pinball machine that can be juiced in 30 minutes that then played for a week. Lookout future, here we come.
Kids will be dumbfounded by grandpa asking if a pin's 3 AAA batteries have been changed recently. All kids know about battery power is that pinball machine cabinets come with one big battery filling the bottom of the cabinet. One doesn't simply replace the 200 pound behemoth, rather it needs to be periodically recharged by plugging it into the grid. Sheesh, old timers suk.

It will be downloaded right into your mind ala wet wired. First game will be Johnny Mnemonic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Wanted
$ 75.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc/page/14?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.