Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sturner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    shocked.jpeg
    yugo.jpg
    20150919_092220.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Stern markets their Pro to operators then pulls out the service rails, doesn't include a prop rod, and there is nothing fancy about the hinging still requiring operators to go to the side of a game to lift the back to slide it in.

Am I the only one who always puts the play field all the way up to service something underneath? I really never use the pegs, or the slide rails for that matter. I hate crouching and trying to solder something.

And I just ram the playfield back over the hump. Never had an issue.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seriously though these are $5k luxury items

They are $5K commercial money making fun things. Drop a dollar in one sometime.

Quoted from kvan99:

lastly the power button relocation.

I still don't understand this complaint. I'm 5'5", and I have no issue turning the game on or off. Some of the waitresses at my location are shorter, and they have no issues either. Is it just that people don't like any changes?

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

These rails cost next to nothing to produce. I was talking to an operator recently and he said he wouldn't buy and more Sterns because of those. The straw that broke the camel's back.

He hates the pegs so much (rails are what, $45?), he is going to spend $3K more for other companies pinball machines? Or just not buy pins all together?

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Maybe more difficult if games are side by side in a tight lineup?

That's how my pins are set up at location. No issue leaning to turn on or off.

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Let me remind you that that the reason the GoT premium was yanked was because of the blow back by us Pinside over the art,

I never saw the art for the premium, only the LE and Pro. Do you have a link for it? I'd like to see it.

Quoted from kvan99:

Not calling you a Stern apologist but you are defending BS tactics

I don't think I'm trying to defend anything. I just think being upset about Stern removing the service rails off of their machines is kind of mountain/mole hill situation. I have games on route, I probably open the hood a lot more than home users, and I've never had an issue where I've decried the lack of rails.

Quoted from pinmanguy:

How much do a set of balls cost? Maybe stern should just stop putting balls in a new machine.

I've never used any of the balls that come with the games. Just use the shiny balls from PBL. And I think you used my quote out of context. I was really asking the poster if the operator he knows refuses to buy Stern games because of the lack of service rails, and instead buys games from Stern's competition. Or has he just stopped buying pinballs for his route altogether. Because if he refuses to buy Stern's because of the lack of service rails, and instead buys from the competition (who's games cost thousands more than a Stern Pro) when the cost of rails are $45.

Sorry if the question I was asking was obtuse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-service-rails?tu=smokedog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.