(Topic ID: 255022)

No more populated replacement playfields from Stern

By Multiballmaniac1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I just read that there will be no more populated playfield replacements from Stern for the “non existent” ..cough.. issues.

No longer a customer.

Not sure if this true and I hesitated at posting this, but from all the threads plus a pinsiders statement it looks true.

#2 4 years ago

If you have put a ticket in and found my post to be incorrect please let me know. Meaning you got a populated replacement recently.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I just read that there will be no more populated playfield replacements from Stern for the “non existent” ..cough.. issues.
    No longer a customer.
    Not sure if this true and I hesitated at posting this, but from all the threads plus a pinsiders statement it looks true.

Well it may have just been for HIS case but after seeing his pics with two nasty bare wood patches on a new machine... it makes you wonder just how high they have moved the bar for full replacements.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Well it may have just been for HIS case but after seeing his pics with two nasty bare wood patches on a new machine... it makes you wonder just how high they have moved the bar for full replacements.

Thats upsetting you spend that much and get urinated on.

#5 4 years ago

you spend that much and get urinated on.

Didn't R Kelly get accused of this very thing? Maybe we are missing out???

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Didn't R Kelly get accused of this very thing? Maybe we are missing out???

Free golden showers with unpopulated playfield.

#7 4 years ago

Even back in 2007 when I got my new FG it was flawed too so got a new one again and still Cab was flawed ,was not happy about it so its my 3th one and was good ,I beleave Stern are not making them as good anymore and letting them all go though anyways which not a fan unless I can see them first before buying

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Even back in 2007 when I got my new FG it was flawed too so got a new one again and still Cab was flawed ,was not happy about it so its my 3th one and was good ,I beleave Stern are not making them as good anymore and letting them all go though anyways which not a fan unless I can see them first before buying

3th ones the charm!

#9 4 years ago

what sucks is it seems Stern handles each person or customer and even Vendors differently in each case . They Say one thing to one person and something diff to another.
    Some they replace Cabs. Some they don't and say they never do. But Alas the fact remains they lie! as a friend of mine did get a cab. Also another friend had been sent a Playfield replacement when they say they don't.
    To this day Stern has treated me not so professionally but took care of my needs in the end but was not a pleasant seamless process that i would like to relive.

Buy from a vendor open it at the store and refuse purchase if flaws may be the only way to buy these now 1,500 dollar over priced HOME PINS they call Pro;s

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:what sucks is it seems Stern handles each person or customer and even Vendors differently in each case . They Say one thing to one person and something diff to another.
    Some they replace Cabs. Some they don't and say they never do. But Alas the fact remains they lie! as a friend of mine did get a cab. Also another friend had been sent a Playfield replacement when they say they don't.
    To this day Stern has treated me not so professionally but took care of my needs in the end but was not a pleasant seamless process that i would like to relive.
    Buy from a vendor open it at the store and refuse purchase if flaws may be the only way to buy these now 1,500 dollar over priced HOME PINS they call Pro;s

This is so true ,I think for the money they want they should go over them a lot more for all us HUO owners so we all don't have too go though this ,on my 3th FG I opened it up at the store too make sure first I think for now it's the only way too do this before you buy

#12 4 years ago

I have an early run Jurassic park pro that has some pooling around the posts and a couple chipped. Nothing horrible as of yet but did happen.

I fought with stern over getting a populated playfield and in the end lost the battle. They sent me a knee unpopulated playfield and a translite signed by Keith Elwin.

Wish it would have been populated so I could have easily swapped it and sent the other playfield back but I guess I’m still happy that if it really starts chipping bad I have a replacement.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I have an early run Jurassic park pro that has some pooling around the posts and a couple chipped. Nothing horrible as of yet but did happen.
    I fought with stern over getting a populated playfield and in the end lost the battle. They sent me a knee unpopulated playfield and a translite signed by Keith Elwin.
    Wish it would have been populated so I could have easily swapped it and sent the other playfield back but I guess I’m still happy that if it really starts chipping bad I have a replacement.

Unacceptable. You’re being punished for their mistake.

#14 4 years ago

Unacceptable. You’re being punished for their mistake.

Oh I totally agree. This is the last NIB Stern game that I jump in early on.

I may just possibly become a used buyer so I can look over the game in person prior to purchase

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Oh I totally agree. This is the last NIB Stern game that I jump in early on.
    I may just possibly become a used buyer so I can look over the game in person prior to purchase

THats exactly what I started doing this past summer. Bought two used sterns TWD and Star Trek. Both barely used and saved some dough. Just as good as nib. Once you get over the nib desire you are more prone to buy used forever.

#16 4 years ago

I just read that there will be no more populated playfield replacements from Stern Not sure if this true

Then you bump your own thread when quiet for just a few hours

#17 4 years ago

That's right, sweep it under the carpet! Wow. Someone drawing attention to a big problem at Stern. Tisk tisk. Hey but its fine for you to bash JJP all the time right? lol

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's right, sweep it under the carpet! Wow. Someone drawing attention to a big problem at Stern. Tisk tisk. Hey but its fine for you to bash JJP all the time right? lol

I would not have said boo if it weren't for the lame-ass bump

#19 4 years ago

I can't say I'm surprised as I don't think any of the other pinball companies provide populated replacements for similar issues. I'm sure if the issue proves to be bad enough, they'll still take care of you with a populated playfield.

This should help prop up the used market.-provided your used game doesn't have issues. Probably best at this point just to wait it out for a HUO game that you can inspect vs. gambling on a NIB that may have issues.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

</blockquote

People get triggered so easily these days.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

What would really suck though is if the current one does get bad enough for you to swap it, do all that work and have the new one start chipping too. I'm hopeful that doesn't happen (obviously) but it's certainly possible and just adds more insult to the poor response from Stern.

#22 4 years ago

No longer a customer.

you can't believe the crap on here. Some of these assholes put colored LED's in the GI's. Right there, would tell you that they have their head up their ass.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I can't say I'm surprised as I don't think any of the other pinball companies provide populated replacements for similar issues. I'm sure if the issue proves to be bad enough, they'll still take care of you with a populated playfield.
    This should help prop up the used market.-provided your used game doesn't have issues. Probably best at this point just to wait it out for a HUO game that you can inspect vs. gambling on a NIB that may have issues.

I’m 100% certain Stern provided populated playfields for Iron Maidens with similar issues

#24 4 years ago

They have to put their foot down because the lunatics on here will start demanding populated playfields for every minor thing.

One dimple? Populated playfield
    Ball swirls? Populated playfield
    And so on

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

They have to put their foot down because the lunatics on here will start demanding populated playfields for every minor thing.
    One dimple? Populated playfield
    Ball swirls? Populated playfield
    And so on

I understand. Tough time to be a customer though.

#26 4 years ago

Time time to be a pinball company.

Your customers are pickier than ever in human history, yet they refuse to stop buying regardless of price.

It’s a Faustian bargain!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Time time to be a pinball company.
    Your customers are pickier than ever in human history, yet they refuse to stop buying regardless of price.
    It’s a Faustian bargain!

It's good to be the Faust.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can't believe the crap on here. Some of these assholes put colored LED's in the GI's. Right there, would tell you that they have their head up their ass.

Preach.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I would not have said boo if it weren't for the lame-ass bump

Lame ass bump? The OP was replying to a comment in their own thread. I know you like to defend Stern but wow.

Best to just make this one go away!

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#30 4 years ago

I left NIB because of the price increases. I stayed away because of the shitty quality.

I’ve had Stern replace a playfield with a populated one when I owned Game of Thrones. It took 6 months to get it done.

I dislike the SPIKE system. I only risk owning it in one game, and that’s just because I really like the game (AS).

So crazy prices, poor quality, sketchy electronic design that I can’t service. All that adds up to not getting NIB games anymore. Now someone else has to buy it first, and then I’ll look at it HUO if it is great. But of course, that attitude means there are less HUO games... not my problem.

#31 4 years ago

I've been out on NIB from stern and jjp for a couple years now. Just not worth the money or stress if something is jacked up. I waited 2 years to get my met playfield swapped. So basically now there is no guarantee on anything, if your game is defective good luck. All you folks who say you wouldn't care you probably have not had a defective NIB game that cost around $8k.

#32 4 years ago

Love the people at Stern. Love the games they make
    But ... terrible service when dealing with major issues

Bought a new KISS Premium. Came with ghosting. Send pics to distro. He fought hard for me the whole time but "no go" on populated PF
    Ghosting in front of Gene's head (and 4 other spots) and a dropped insert/cracked clear. 200 plays. Only mylar holding it together now
    When/if I get the new PF, I will need to do a swap or ball travel/gameplay will soon be impacted

3 years later and they are sending (still not here yet) a new PF and 2 translites - not acceptable
    First email with proof pics was Sept 25th 2016 and that's not a typo
    During the 3 years I sent 14 total emails and I was the one prompting. No one ever contacted me. Stern simply did not care

I have a large collection and in some years might buy 3 NIB. Won't be doing that anymore. I'll wait, buy secondhand and inspect in person
    I agree with Levi in that if we all keep buying and get this level of service AND then buy again - no reason for Stern to change

I'm not "pitchfork angry" about it ... just sad that the biggest manufacturer couldn't be more mature about this area of their business

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I've been out on NIB from stern and jjp for a couple years now. Just not worth the money or stress if something is jacked up. I waited 2 years to get my met playfield swapped. So basically now there is no guarantee on anything, if your game is defective good luck. All you folks who say you wouldn't care you probably have not had a defective NIB game that cost around $8k.

Amen

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lame ass bump? The OP was replying to a comment in their own thread. I know you like to defend Stern but wow.
    Best to just make this one go away!
    [quoted image]

Your image was funny two days ago but when you use the same pic twice in one week it's just sad

#35 4 years ago

Just left the nashville show. Played a JP premium that is a newer run. The clear coat was so thin the playfield art impressions were showing through it. Did not have a chance to touch it but guarantee you can feel it with your fingers.

#36 4 years ago

Stern.... Stern...oh yeah, I remember that company. Tried to build for the collector market and screwed up, badly.

Yeah, they still in business? Huh.

#37 4 years ago

Then don’t be. Poof. Fixed.

#38 4 years ago

Yea, no populated playfields, only compensate a few people on a case by case basis... Havent heard a peep yet about my early JP

#39 4 years ago

Had a laugh the other day - put green rubbers on, my JP, and every post or anything that touches the playfield is loose to try and avoid pooling, but dont worry, there are no widespread issues.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Had a laugh the other day - put green rubbers on, my JP, and every post or anything that touches the playfield is loose to try and avoid pooling, but dont worry, there are no widespread issues.

That stinks. Hope they take care of you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-populated-replacement-playfields-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.