Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Slim64
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

Laughing in his grave. Tried to sell a T2 for 3k on Craigslist and he ended up getting 5,000 at auction.

#52 9 years ago

There was practically a chat going on vincent's facebook post. Favorite part was the technical difficulties with the online audio feed, and the woman shouting over the phone "MIKE!! STOP TALKING!"

#53 9 years ago

Anyone catch what the parts lot was or what that went for?
    They hyped a few thousand pcb's etc., but I only saw some random generic parts bins.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flack:

Tried to sell a T2 for 3k on Craigslist and he ended up getting 5,000 at auction.

Everyone I talked to assumed the $5k T2 was a shill to prop up the next two T2s. It went to $5k immediately without a fight. Saw it in person at the arcade, definitely not worth $6,188 (including fees).

#55 9 years ago

Most of the pins were working, however missing plenty of parts, displays not working etc. it honestly makes me want to have super auctions come and sell all my equipment off. They knew most of the games were not working but refused to say so. It was a sad situation for some buyers. I did pick up the wpc Williams test stand. Huge score for me.

#56 9 years ago

I checked out the games around 5 on the preview day and none of the T2 machines were functional. They said that they were "working on boards" for several machines and hoped to have them up and running within a an hour. The whole thing smelled funny. I took notes on a few machines and then crapped my pants when I saw the prices.

#57 9 years ago

I decided after the preview to just monitor it online.
    Glad I didn't go, I talked to a few newbies (Prior) that wanted to buy a pin, and said they were going. I tried to warn them it was mostly beat down junk, but one called me after the auction and was pissed. He just paid way to much for a piece of shit pin that wont work!!!!!!!!!!
    Why don't people listen??????
    Now it needs repaired.

Pincades
    JT

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

(Fun Chicken!)

Yes! I couldn't remember what they were called. Now I need one!

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I did pick up the wpc Williams test stand. Huge score for me.

I was wondering why that didn't make it into the auction...

I stuck around for the parts lot and they pretty much just clumped lots of it together and went through it fast. I grabbed all of the electronic components containers with parts for $19 a piece after fees.

#60 9 years ago

Who got all the pcbs? I made an offer and still haven't heard back from rob.

Sweet pickup baron.

#61 9 years ago

I'm pretty stoked about them. 34 total, loaded with all sorts of stuff.

They just put that whole table with the boards on it as well as everything under it up in one lot. Went for ~$400 to Arcade Adventures.

#62 9 years ago

Damn.

As for your load, you likely made out the best. I know a local repair guy that might be willing to buy some of that stuff from you if your interested.

#63 9 years ago

I was probably there an extra four hours specifically for those bins of parts. It got really messy at the end!

#64 9 years ago

Super auctions was a joke. ALOT machines went to online bidders. Everyone that bought those machines got screwed. I could buy those off of ebay cheaper. They look like they were in a knife fight and lost. The fish tales was so beat up must of feel off the truck. Those games weren't there 2 weeks ago. They were brought there from the other locations. said the pimple face kid at the counter. The nicest T2 didn't even work when I went there on Friday. When the guy online fired a 5000 bid. I shit, holy cow he gets to keep it. The auction guy said "He must know something that we don't". I could fix those POS but you need to get those at a great price. They weren't in good shape at all. That NO fear ramp was melted from the magnets. LOL, AFM didn't work. lights on, but no one home. none of the T2's work, one world cup soccer worked, Addams family worked but no display.

#65 9 years ago

Plenty of these games did not work both pin and vids. They did not want to disclose that information during the auction, I don't think that it was fair to people. I think that they are going to have plenty of upset people on their hands.

#66 9 years ago

I think that they are going to have plenty of upset people on their hands.

I saw you had the first bid on addam's family. Did you end up buying anything, or just popping early bids to see if you could pick up a reasonable deal (if you can call a trashed addams family for $4k including fees a deal)

#67 9 years ago

I had entered prebids on stuff so it was automatic. I entered automatic bids before I went up there to check everything out. I asked if I could remove my prebids, they said no so I watched the auction and was happy every time I was outbid. I dodged a few bullets.

#68 9 years ago

Plenty of these games did not work both pin and vids. They did not want to disclose that information during the auction, I don't think that it was fair to people. I think that they are going to have plenty of upset people on their hands.

And that is exactly why I'm not a big fan of online bidding. Speaking for pins... You see, I know the history of these pins. I've seen a lot of these first hand. But to that online bidder from several states away - exactly no clue.

I just hope for their sake they knew what they were getting into with the bidding and winning side.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

And that is exactly why I'm not a big fan of online bidding. Speaking for pins... You see, I know the history of these pins. I've seen a lot of these first hand. But to that online bidder from several states away - exactly no clue.
    I just hope for their sake they knew what they were getting into with the bidding and winning side.

There is no way that anyone would expect MOST of the games to not work. I have been to many auctions over the years, including super auctions back when they had them in Milwaukee all the time. They used to state that games worked or didn't work, not anymore. With the online bidding, people are getting screwed. I just couldn't believe what was happening, seems immoral.

#70 9 years ago

There is no way that anyone would expect MOST of the games to not work. I have been to many auctions over the years, including super auctions back when they had them in Milwaukee all the time. They used to state that games worked or didn't work, not anymore. With the online bidding, people are getting screwed. I just couldn't believe what was happening, seems immoral.

Definitely seems like a sleazy operation to me.

#71 9 years ago

I agree... some of these were just way beyond that beat level.

Lets face it... auctions will never be like they were in the late '80s and early 90's. God, I miss those!

#72 9 years ago

Well, back then, it was all operators and maybe one or two collectors, both of whom would mock the new home buyer bidding up a broken Pinbot to $600. Now it's all home buyers.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well, back then, it was all operators and maybe one or two collectors, both of whom would mock the new home buyer bidding up a broken Pinbot to $600. Now it's all home buyers.

More collectors than you think (at least the ones I went to) but right for the most part.

#74 9 years ago

I thought this was over, done, finished.........Just won't go away. Did ppl not pay for the machines?

chicago.craigslist.org link

And phone number is a cali #?

By the description these must be one's they had hidden

#75 9 years ago

I assume this is from somebody here?

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

By the description these must be one's they had hidden

Or people that bid found out what pieces of crap they were, and refused them. I hope superauctions goes out of business.

Quoted from Chisox:

I assume this is from somebody here?

Best and most honest ad I've seen.. surely better than (WTB adds are ripof)

#77 9 years ago

I assume it's just stuff that they weren't able to sell at the auction. The three file cabinets full of manuals found a nice home

As mentioned above (WPC Tester, parts bins), the real bargains were in the shop at the arcade.

#78 9 years ago

Anyone going/went to the "liquidation" sale today

#79 9 years ago

Went to it yesterday. They had a few pins that people didn't buy. Most likely because the people realized they bid way too much and or realized that the machines are trashed. Their liquidation sale wasn't a sale at all. They were still asking for a ton of money and told me if they didn't get their prices they were taking them with them to their next auction in St. Louis.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flack:

Went to it yesterday. They had a few pins that people didn't buy. Most likely because the people realized they bid way too much and or realized that the machines are trashed. Their liquidation sale wasn't a sale at all. They were still asking for a ton of money and told me if they didn't get their prices they were taking them with them to their next auction in St. Louis.

I think it's more like shill bids! Drive up price then get suckkers to bid higher during auction and the icing on the cake........sell the shill bid items at a discount of "bid" real shady!

#81 9 years ago

That poor naive widow is never getting her money from those crooks

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was thinking the same thing, super is going to drag these machines all over the place. I hope they don't charge her for the moving and storage of these pins!

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

i was in talks with her before she decided to go to super auctions. i told her that she would probably have to pay someone in order to get rid of everything. while there were some nice titles, the conditions of those titles (pins and videos) were poor. then there was the overwhelming amount of machines that just needed to be scrapped (old basketballs, old redemption, etc)

i feel bad for her and even tried to contact her after i found out about the super auction idea, but by that time i think she had it in her mind that i was trying to take advantage of her. i hope that she gets more than just a headache out of all this.

I have personally dealt with Rob and Super Auctions and i don't think this will end well for her. It is just sad because i sympathize with her and the situation she was left in.

#84 9 years ago

One word.... GREEEEDDDDD.

Both the dead Niles guy and the widow.

Can't believe even after the guy dies, he's still posting his shit on CL in haunting fashion.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Can't believe even after the guy dies, he's still posting his shit on CL in haunting fashion.

Let's be human here. You have six machines listed. Say you get run over by a truck 15 minutes from now...

Someone with very little knowledge of your "stuff" is going to have to get rid of it all.

Give the widow a break. She has a lot of junk to unload. In the meantime, stop refreshing Craigslist so often and the ghost of Golf Mill won't bother you.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Dude are you serious? Greed? They auctioned the stuff off for her, people paid what they were willing to pay for the stuff, it's not her fault that they over paid. As for the left over items, super auctions are the ones posting them on Craigslist. What is wrong with you man?

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Let's be human here. You have six machines listed. Say you get run over by a truck 15 minutes from now...
    Someone with very little knowledge of your "stuff" is going to have to get rid of it all.
    Give the widow a break. She has a lot of junk to unload. In the meantime, stop refreshing Craigslist so often and the ghost of Golf Mill won't bother you.

Sorry, I'm not the Niles guy, and I'm not sure anyone can come close to that.

You'd think for someone that was in the "industry" for soo long, he'd have a friend/acquaintance he could trust or someone she could go to for help, not Super Auctions.

If I died, I have a few close personal friends, that are also pinheads, that would give my family a hand in unloading my games. I would do the same for them as well, and it wouldn't take any of us 7 years or whatever it is to get rid of it all.

#88 9 years ago

I think this means my T2 is worth $10,000...sweet! LOL.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Sorry, I'm not the Niles guy, and I'm not sure anyone can come close to that.
    You'd think for someone that was in the "industry" for soo long, he'd have a friend/acquaintance he could trust or someone she could go to for help, not Super Auctions.
    If I died, I have a few close personal friends, that are also pinheads, that would give my family a hand in unloading my games. I would do the same for them as well, and it wouldn't take any of us 7 years or whatever it is to get rid of it all.

You have no where near what he had. You don't know what your taking about so I'd just stop.

#90 9 years ago

You have no where near what he had. You don't know what your taking about so I'd just stop.

Never said I did nor compared myself to him. Barron is the one who did that and made the analogy, into which I responded to.

#91 9 years ago

You did make the comparison by saying you have people that would take care of your games and why didn't he. Carl was in an entirely different league than you are. greedy? No, his wife took things to auction and other people decided what the items were worth. Who are you to say they were wrong, and how does that make her greedy?

#92 9 years ago

Life's just too short to deal with Craiglist pinball.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Life's just too short to deal with Craiglist pinball.

Good call. Life's too short in general.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

I think it's more like shill bids! Drive up price then get suckkers to bid higher during auction and the icing on the cake........sell the shill bid items at a discount of "bid" real shady!

This is exactly why they are still for sale. There is absolutely nobody who would pay $5k for a beat up T2. Anybody spending $5k on a T2 would have to know the market. Ten minutes of research would show that it isn't worth half that especially in unknown working beat up condition. It was a complete set up with two of their shill bidders to drive up the price on certain machines, even bidding against each other, that is supposed to "prime" the bidders for basically ripping them off. They planned it this way to maximize profit for themselves and don't care if it takes several auctions to sell them off. Of course, I can't prove any of this and is only my opinion. So, take it for what it's worth but seems pretty obvious they have no issues with taking advantage of people.

#95 9 years ago

Rumor has it the 5k T2 was an internet bid done by accident. From what they were saying the auctioner started pretty high on the pins then came down till there was interest to bid back up.

3 weeks later
    #96 9 years ago

looks like there's still crap leftover. Let's post 3 ads to make sure people see it:

#97 9 years ago

Yeah they tried to dump crap this past Sunday as well.

#98 9 years ago

At some point you need to realize your time is worth more than whatever those scraps will sell for in your dreams. Just announce a free haul-away day and save money on trash removal.

#99 9 years ago

True and I have wondered whats the point of paying rent on that space for so long to store garbage? The rent has to have surpassed the value of anything in there.

#100 9 years ago

what do they even have left?

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-niles-cl-pinball-ads/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.