Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by navajas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popcorn.gif
    lol-pinsiders.gif
    jazbo.jpg
    image-34.jpg
    D.U..jpg
    Bourbon Candied Bacon-001.JPG
    image-3 (1).jpg
    Backglass.jpg
    123.jpg
    dyne.jpg
    dyn o mite.jpg
    wutang_sale.jpg
    Hiero_logo.JPG
    staythirsty.jpg
    base_cats1.jpg
    0001099019_500_copy.jpg

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 10 years ago

Yo i love both metallica and acdc pins and there music, but now i want hiphop/rap tabels.

Stern give me a mix of 2pac, snoop, dr. Dre, 50cent and after that a prodigy pin that would be great.
    I just think the downside would bee all rappers and yo mtv cribs guys would buy all LE models what ever they would cost

Yaw yaaaw

#2 10 years ago

Snoop di ooh dooble G

#3 10 years ago

Um............no thanks.

#4 10 years ago

I enjoy rap and most types of music.

With that said. Your on your own on this one.

GL

PorkChopExpress

#5 10 years ago

You should think about it, take a second
    Matter fact, you should take four B
    And think before you F wit lil skateboard P

Not sure there is enough material to even make a pin out of.

You can shoot a rap vid come up with some money for your 5 on a 20 etc...

Smokem multiball =)

So like 2 modes with rap music. Smoke mode and rap vid mode. Maybe put in sleep mode for attract.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Yo i love both metallica and acdc pins and there music, but now i want hiphop/rap tabels.
    Stern give me a mix of 2pac, snoop, dr. Dre, 50cent and after that a prodigy pin that would be great.
    I just think the downside would bee all rappers and yo mtv cribs guys would buy all LE models what ever they would cost
    Yaw yaaaw

Stupidest idea I've ever heard of!

#7 10 years ago

I could go with some west coast! I've been a metal head most of my life, but a little Snoop Dogg and some Dr. prescribed kush would make for a great theme!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Why, if you dont rap its okey, but i like it.
    It would be great playing pin and listening to hit em up

I think its an awesome idea

#10 10 years ago

I bet Stern is in their board room right now running the numbers on the Snoop Dogg pin for their middle aged white guy demographic.

#11 10 years ago

+1

#12 10 years ago

Of course you may not sell the idea to those that are still waiting for the WiZ.

#13 10 years ago

Well not the stupidest but it is up there.

#14 10 years ago

Coolio
    Gangster paradise le

#15 10 years ago

how about a compilation of all different rappers and there hits, 50c, Eminem, Tupac, Dr Dre.........would be awesome.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I bet Stern is in their board room right now running the numbers on the Snoop Dogg pin for their middle aged white guy demographic.

LMAO!

#17 10 years ago

I would definitely pass on a rap pin, but your idea of a Prodigy pin could be really bad-ass.

Chris

#18 10 years ago

I'd be all over a Wu-Tang pinball.

#19 10 years ago

Where's the Grandmaster Flash?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Snoop di ooh dooble G

Isn't he called Snoop Lion now?

#21 10 years ago

The MMG would probably make a sweet pin. Who knows, Rick Ross has likely solo funded a one-off already in his likeness...or three.

#22 10 years ago

I wish I was a little bit taller.

#23 10 years ago

Maybe the Beastie Boys could work but most of rap does not match the general demographics of pinball players in the States.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Maybe the Beastie Boys could work but most of rap does not match the general demographics of pinball players in the States.

Brass Monkey Multiball. Sounds right.

#25 10 years ago

This topic is showing which age group each forum member is in.

For me, this topic is making me feel old.

Bring on the ZZ Top and Pink Floyd Pins!

#26 10 years ago

What?!?, no Eminem pin? Mushroom pop bumpers, pill bottle plunger, 3am multiball, wife in the trunk fast scoring.....

#27 10 years ago

I think a Wild Thing LE could work. With Funky Cold Medina multiball. I like quite a bit of 80s rap, but realistically probably still wouldn't buy a rap pin. Actually, I probably wouldn't buy a music pin at all outside of AC/DC, GnR, and Metallica. Those 3 just seem perfect for pinball to me.

#28 10 years ago

All im saying is, we got some >>>EXTREMLEY<<< nice heavy pins allready, lets try other music genres.

#29 10 years ago

Some rap is cool but most of it is very annoying.

All I hear are racial slurs & "rims/hoes" in almost every song.

It's not cool or tough, its stupid.

So instead Stern should do a Tony Hawk machine with rap, rock & various tunes

#30 10 years ago

SMACK MY BITCH-UP MULTIBALLLLLL

#31 10 years ago

anyone I know that is into hip hop/ rap is not into pinball. sales fail

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I would definitely pass on a rap pin, but your idea of a Prodigy pin could be really bad-ass.
    » YouTube video
    Chris

A "babys got a temper" multiball mode would be a must
    love this video...GOT MILK

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

This topic is showing which age group each forum member is in.
    For me, this topic is making me feel old.
    Bring on the ZZ Top and Pink Floyd Pins!

Oh my! Pink Floyd would be awesome! Already have some ZZ in my HSII.

Mike

#34 10 years ago

You don't want to mess with Shady.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Where's the Grandmaster Flash?

White lines is my fav song frm them

#36 10 years ago

They should do a combined Pioneers of Rap for us old guys. Public Enemy, Grand Master Flash, Beasties, Run DMC etc.

#37 10 years ago

Beastie Boys pin would have many possibilities. Their videos are entertaining as well.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from MArmour:

Isn't he called Snoop Lion now?

Like, 2 years ago.

#39 10 years ago

#41 10 years ago

a techno house pin, now that i'd buy it! think about the matrix custom pin.

rap no so much!

#42 10 years ago

If you really think a rap pin would sell make this a poll thread "would you buy a rap pin" and it will be a good preliminary to see if people would actually be interested in one.

#43 10 years ago

It's no coincidence that rap is in crap.

#44 10 years ago

West coast

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The "Check Yo Neck" ramp
    The "Diversify Your Bonds" multiball
    The "CREAM" bonus round

I can see it now...

#46 10 years ago

Sadly, the only rap group with both the look and the following big enough for pinball is ICP.

And the FBI’s ‘2011 National Gang Threat Assessment’ stated that ICP's followers (Juggalos) were an international gang.

Icp-backglass.jpgIcp-backglass.jpg

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

The "Check Yo Neck" ramp
    The "Diversify Your Bonds" multiball
    The "CREAM" bonus round

I can see it now...

lol!! CREAM bonus hahaha

Yeah don't forget "Shame on a N!##@" multiball
    and the "36 Chambers" wizard mode

Hopefully it could have an ODB bash toy rise from the dead like Iron Man

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

how about a compilation of all different rappers and there hits, 50c, Eminem, Tupac, Dr Dre.........would be awesome.

You left out Mr. Jiggyfly

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Had to search to find my intoxicated pitch for Wu Tang pinball, shamelessly copy and pasted:

I'm waiting for the Wu Tang pin, deepest Stern ever, with 36 modes. Featuring Killa Beez multiball, with 9 balls. Most gratuitous multiball since Apollo 13. The slings and bumpers all play kung fu fighting effects. Instead of just one gun-shaped ball launcher, like The Shadow, it has two, one on each side of the coin door (left one can be Start). To launch the ball and try for the skill shot you must pull both triggers at the same time, like a John Woo flick.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sadly, the only rap group with both the look and the following big enough for pinball is ICP.
    And the FBI’s ‘2011 National Gang Threat Assessment’ stated that ICP's followers (Juggalos) were an international gang.

While I don't enjoy ICP, I agree with your opinion. They have a bizarre following that spreads way farther than most folks think. My cousin for example, is a middle aged white guy with a lot of disposable income (perfect demo for pinball). He is also an adamant juggalo, although you wouldn't know it unless you looked through his CD collection or saw him at a show. He isn't into pinball but I can guarantee that if an ICP pin was produced, he would be one of the first guys on the pre-order list. It seems like a large portion of their fanbase doesn't care much for the actual product, but follow a mentality of "If ICP likes it, I'll buy it!"

Besides them, I don't see a rap themed pin being successful simply due to pinball collector demographics. That being said, if pinball was in the same position today as it was 20 years ago, you can bet your bottom dollar there would be rap themed pinball games. The genre itself is incredibly pervasive and has managed to place itself within most areas of American society and pop culture. People can knock it all they want but rap is now a well established and influential form of expression that has spread across the globe. Similar to the emergence of rock and roll, rap music has evolved beyond mere entertainment, into the world of political expression and protest.

If rap had hit it's stride a few years earlier, or if pinball had remained a viable market (in terms of income generated from coin-op and routed games) for another decade, I'm positive we would have seen a few rap inspired games, even if it only was something like the Beastie Boys.

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-heavy-thems-i-want-rap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.