Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cal50
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WNW.jpg
    tumblr_kszsycQJ9v1qzvw5po1_500.jpg
    death-save.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So ever since I saw PDXMonkey come over and successfully (and easily) death save on a few of my machines I figured I would learn the ropes. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) off and on for a few weeks now, until last night...

Wolverine sure got me good. Intense game, almost at Danger Room and tried to do a death save. Slipped and sliced my finger pretty good on the leg bolt next to me (yelling a string of obscenities). It's pretty deep and started bleeding instantly. Good times.

I'll get you next time Wolvy...

death-save.jpgdeath-save.jpg

#2 10 years ago

well worth the price, no?

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

well worth the price, no?

It would have been but I fudged the save anyways and drained! Arhghghghgh!

#4 10 years ago

That all you got?

tumblr_kszsycQJ9v1qzvw5po1_500.jpgtumblr_kszsycQJ9v1qzvw5po1_500.jpg

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I'll get you next time Wolvy...

Well, he is the best at what he does. And what he does...isn't very nice.

#6 10 years ago

Justin,

Learn how, so I can come over, watch, and learn how.

Tried to learn deathsaves/bangbacks, but only succeeded in hurting myself.

(Like when I try almost anything new!)

#7 10 years ago

Chicks dig scars! Too bad it was a failed attempt.

#8 10 years ago

How did you cut yourself on a leg bolt doing a death save LOL??? I can do them pretty consistently on my BSD and Funhouse maybe a few others if I didnt have my tilts so tight. I dont do bang backs, not as stylish and hurt your hand.

#9 10 years ago

Haha. I know I sound arrogant, but I got it on my first try.

The trick is to not be scared of it. You own the pin so you're worried about breaking it. I get it. The slide to the left doesn't have to be much, but the slide right has to be quick and hard. Not jarring, not rough, but do it like you mean it. You won't hurt the game. And if smooth enough, probably only one warning.

And no, I don't vouch for kicking/hitting methods. Those are beyond me.

#10 10 years ago

watch this and learn

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

How did you cut yourself on a leg bolt doing a death save LOL??? I can do them pretty consistently on my BSD and Funhouse maybe a few others if I didnt have my tilts so tight. I dont do bang backs, not as stylish and hurt your hand.

I slipped and my hand shot downwards cutting me from the corner of the leg bolts on the game next to mine

#12 10 years ago

Just like whistling bro,
    You feel pretty frustrated...then it all clicks.
    If you wanna fast track it take the tilt bob outta one game, clear some room and shake the shit out of it.
    One you figure the move put the tilt bob in and refine your skill.
    Danger room will be your reward
    Ps I've cut myself doing death saves too...

#13 10 years ago

Hehehehe!! Glad u saw this post and monkey, and glad I'm not alone :-p

#14 10 years ago

"BABE, GET ME A BANDAID AND DUCT TAPE. I'M BLEEDING BAD, BUT ON A GAME AND CAN'T STOP!!"

Those would be about my words if I did make the death save but was still bleeding all over lol. Can't stop the game!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Hehehehe!! Glad u saw this post and monkey, and glad I'm not alone :-p

Yep. Same here. I slammed my finger doing it playing acdc and it was swollen for a week. The swelling is just now starting to subside.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

"BABE, GET ME A BANDAID AND DUCT TAPE. I'M BLEEDING BAD, BUT ON A GAME AND CAN'T STOP!!"
    Those would be about my words if I did make the death save but was still bleeding all over lol. Can't stop the game!

Only one problem...he lost the ball....Death Save Fail

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Only one problem...he lost the ball....Death Save Fail

These would be my comments IF I did make the death save. see? I said "if"

#18 10 years ago

fusion...that video is too funny. Thanks for the smile.

#19 10 years ago

These would be my comments IF I did make the death save. see? I said "if"

Sorry pinball master I still have much to learn.

WNW.jpgWNW.jpg

#20 10 years ago

I completely expected see a video or snapshot of someone doing a death save and the head crash down onto the cabinet...

let down...

#21 10 years ago

Ha - reminds me of my hand being sore for weeks after trying to learn how to bang-back on a Beat The Clock. My friend could easily pop the ball all the way up the playfield, but I could barely get it to move at all. Clearly it's all about a quick, accelerating 'pop, rather than a lot of umph.

FYI - We're designing the P3 drain with death-saving in mind. Machine owners can set it up to allow death saves from neither, either, or both sides (yes, physical setup... I'm not talking about software here). I find it quite humorous how hard it is to adjust mentally and attempt to death save on a left outlane drain! Details later.

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

Ha - reminds me of my hand being sore for weeks after trying to learn how to bang-back on a Beat The Clock. My friend could easily pop the ball all the way up the playfield, but I could barely get it to move at all. Clearly it's all about a quick, accelerating 'pop, rather than a lot of umph.

... this is why we're banned from arcades in the Austin area *moves Elvis back out of the aisle*

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Chicks dig scars!

Not from Pinball. haha

#24 10 years ago

No one said you had to say it was from pinball

I got this scar on my hand from...its a long story...let's just say I was attempting a death save and leave it at that.

#25 10 years ago

As the Black Knight said "tis but a scratch""

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-death-saves and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.