(Topic ID: 112730)

No money down, No risk, No obligation - Reserve your P3 today!

By gstellenberg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-318.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

I visited Multimorphic's open house over the past weekend, and I have to say I was extremely impressed and the platform has a ton of potential. 10k is a great deal for what I consider to be a very compelling pinball tinkerer's sandbox. The assembly is slick, intuitive, and easily customizable. I think that with a set of accessible software development tools, this could be just what they say it is- a real game changer. LLGG as it is is pretty also pretty fantastic and already in my wife's top ten machines.

Full disclosure: I'm not in on the pre-order at this time. I'd love to be, but I know that in Q3-Q4 2015 I'm going to have higher priorities than a hobbyist purchase of this magnitude. Here's to 2016!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Do you *really* want a house?

Have you checked what renting a house runs in Austin lately?

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Does the 2 game pack come with 2 different upper 1/3rd playfields? You mentioned $1500 for each new game + playfield swap, is that number still where you are at? Will there be art/plastics for things like the slingshots, bottom part or the playfield?

The slings, etc. are intentionally clear so that the playfield screen is visible beneath. I don't imagine there will be additional artwork that'll cover those up.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Full disclosure: I'm not in on the pre-order at this time. I'd love to be, but I know that in Q3-Q4 2015 I'm going to have higher priorities than a hobbyist purchase of this magnitude. Here's to 2016!

So, I'm going to have to eat my words. With Gerry's update/clarification and some introspection, I came to the conclusion that I couldn't justify *not* supporting these guys in a meaningful way and I just sent in my pre-order form. I'm still thinking 2016 time-frame, but who knows?

I know that not everyone has been able to spend the hands-on time with the machine that I have, but I'd strongly encourage anyone that thinks this technology is worthwhile or that there need to be more games like Demolition Man on Steroids, Predator, or Wrath of Olympus (also indie PROC games) to "sign the petition". Can you imagine what sort of stuff could start coming out when developers like Pinnovating have access to a platform like the P3 and can send out compact game kits to owners and operators? Maybe I'm an optimist, but ... it's exciting.

One thing that I don't think the videos get across well is that the entire thing is mod-able, not just the back end. The ball detection system does require transparent components as far as I know, but those side wireforms and stand-ups are just as modular as everything else and could be replaced by or supplemented by nearly anything.

In case anyone's not seen it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-lexy-lightspeed-early-gameplay-video

This is the kind of thing that modern redemption-driven arcades like Dave & Busters are going to be willing to put on the floor.

1 week later
#86 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You may not be asking for any money but may be unnecessarily hobbling yourself with the hoop for prospects to jump through. This is all about building your list so I'd try making it easier.

I think the point of the signature is just that- it's not supposed to be a two-minute decision sort of thing. Gerry's indicated he's prepared for a large number of people dropping off the pre-order, but I'm sure he'd prefer to have mostly serious buyers.

If there's anyone that really wants to pre-order but cannot print it for whatever reason just PM me and I'll mail you one.

3 weeks later
#97 9 years ago

Bump for an awesome product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-money-down-no-risk-no-obligation-reserve-your-p3-today?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.