(Topic ID: 112730)

No money down, No risk, No obligation - Reserve your P3 today!

By gstellenberg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-318.jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Just announced: P3 pre-orders are now NO money down, risk, and no obligation. Please support our efforts to deliver an incredible, progressive pinball platform and help move the industry forward.

While we've been able to operate our company up to this point on the backs of our founder, staff, angels, and early supporters, the pre-production phase requires us to pay 3rd party vendors to build parts, assemblies, and machines and to implement rigorous test processes (assemblies, machines, UL, CE, etc). Therefore, the pre-production phase requires us to raise additional capital. As exciting as the P3 is to all of us, and as passionate as we all our about its potential to move the industry forward, investors need more convincing before they'll take the plunge (literally and figuratively). It's the same catch-22 that all paradigm-changing products/companies encounter. We need money to realize our vision and build a customer base, but we need to realize our vision and build a customer base in order to raise money. Here's our solution:

We are now offering a No Money Down, No Risk, No Obligation Pre-order, and we're asking all of you who are interested in supporting our efforts to sign up now and reserve your P3. A strong showing of support from potential customers will fuel our pre-production fundraising process and help convince investors that there's a large group of folks excited to see the P3 reach production. Here's how it works:

- Fill out and return the pre-order form at: http://www.multimorphic.com/index.php/p3-pinball-platform/pre-orders#. This will reserve your place in the production queue with absolutely no money down and no obligations.

- When we wrap up the pre-production process and start procuring parts and preparing for full production, we'll ask you to send in payment for your machine. We believe you'll all be blown away by our production machine, but if you're not and want to drop out, simply don't pay us at that time and your order will be automatically cancelled.

In addition to fully deferred payments, we're offering additional incentives to entice people to sign up. Every few weeks, we'll offer new incentives, and everybody who's already submitted a signed pre-order form will participate in all incentives announced between their pre-order date and production. That means if you pre-order today (with no money down, no risk, no obligation), you'll receive every incentive we offer up until we enter production.

Here are the first few incentives. If you submit a signed pre-order form to us by 12/31/2014, you'll receive the following:

1) A P3 t-shirt (sent with your machine)

2) A custom-engraved plaque with a name of your choice (sent with your machine, message/name details TBD, first 250 machines only)

3) A $250 discount on the final purchase price above and beyond any other discounts applied to your machine (first 500 machines only)

4) A $100 discount/rebate on your machine for EACH pre-order referral you make that results in a pre-ordered machine eventually being paid in full. For example, if 10 people identify you in the "referred by" section of the pre-order form AND they wind up paying and taking delivery of their P3, you'll get 10 * $100 = $1000 in discounts/rebates. If your accumulated discounts exceed the cost of your machine, they can be used for purchases of future Multimorphic products.

Obviously we know that a large number of folks will choose to drop out when it comes time to pay for their machine. At the same time, we're convinced that people will fall in love with the production P3 and LL-GG when they see it; so we're confident that the our production plans based on risk-free pre-orders won't be negatively affected by cancellations.

Please post here or contact me with and questions/comments.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#2 9 years ago

Outstanding offer Gerry! I sent in my Pre-Order. Looking forward to seeing Lexi at the 2015 TPF!

If you do not yet have a reference, please feel free to use me, Xerico Pinball, as your reference.

Marcus

#3 9 years ago

You just picked the worst week in the History of pinball to ask people to sine up for shit ! I'm so tired of reading about pre-order shit ! Just go away and come back when we can buy it !

#4 9 years ago

Well that`s a deal & a half. Played it at Expo and got my attention.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

You just picked the worst week in the History of pinball to ask people to sine up for shit ! I'm so tired of reading about pre-order shit ! Just go away and come back when we can buy it !

Honestly, I thought this was a breath of fresh air by not requiring anything up-front until the machines are ready to go.

Everybody else has basically been using preorders as a source for funding just to get design and manufacturing started.

However, a $10k price tag will certainly scare off some folks.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

to ask people to sine up for shit !

quite a tangent.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We are now offering a No Money Down, No Risk, No Obligation Pre-order

I like it! Good way to go these days. Hope luck & hope things go well.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Blind with rage? Can't read? I'm not sure.

This would be the worst week to ask for MONEY, sure. But to ask people to SIGN up for a list of possible customers without putting any money down, how is that a problem? They need to be able to demonstrate strong interest in the machine for investors. That's all you're being asked for, your interest.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Did you even read Gerry's post? Your anger is unwarranted, and your rudeness was completely uncalled for.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I think you are missing the point of this announcement. This is not a company funding their operations with pre-orders. This is a company self financing the design and development of not only their first game, but an entire new pinball platform that will enable anyone else to more easily make and release games. They are doing this without customer money.

Gerry has the market research, the business plan, and the close to production prototypes that he can take to individual investors to help them get to the final mile of manufacturing. By eliminating all barriers to entry, we can help that happen by showing our support WITHOUT RISKING A DIME. The presentation to investors is a lot better with hundreds of us saying we want this game and platform! At the end of the day, if you supported this platform with a zero down preorder, and the final shipping product doesn't blow you away, you can pull out without having risked any of your personal money. In addition to that, you don't have to feel like you might be causing other people's games not to be made by withdrawing capital the company was depending on. This is Good News.

After this week in pinball, I think everyone should be applauding the companies who realize that customers buy products, not equity in a company, and thus their funds shouldn't be exposed to risk. I think everyone has the best intentions who enter this business, but I think it takes real integrity to try and do things the right way, even if that happens to also be the much harder way.

Bravo Multimorphic!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

quite a tangent.

If you can't afford it at the time of payment, you can always get someone to cosine for it.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I thought this was a breath of fresh air by not requiring anything up-front
However, a $10k price tag will certainly scare off some folks.

I can confidently say the the 1 machine / 2 game price won't go up, but it very well may come down, especially if there's significant interest.

We also expect the 1 machine / 1 game (LL-GG) price to be significantly less.

All that said, the sure-fire way to lower your price is to take advantage of our referral incentive. If a bunch of people buy the game based on your referral, your purchase price will be much lower. In order to take advantage of this incentive, you'll need to have a (no-risk, no obligation) pre-order on file.

If we get to production and you don't want to pay for your machine, simply don't pay and let your order automatically cancel. If nothing else, you'll have helped us by supporting our efforts to bring the machine to market, and at this point, your help is what we need.

- Gerry

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

If you can't afford it at the time of payment, you can always get someone to cosine for it.

Yours was better.

#14 9 years ago

As the founder of the Pinside Preorders Support Club For Recovering Addicts™ I endorse "purely to measure interest, no money needed" plans.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Another thread, another head shake.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

quite a tangent.

followed up by a good laugh. thank you for that. quite clever

#17 9 years ago

For example, if 10 people identify you in the "referred by" section of the pre-order form AND they wind up paying and taking delivery of their P3, you'll get 100 * $100 = $1000 in discounts/rebates.

Wow - that is a great discount!!!
But you multiplied wrong: 100 * $100 = $10,000

#18 9 years ago

I was actually looking at this machine again last night, while I'm not a fan of the intiitial release games, I am however intrigued buy the open source platform to allow people to try and make their own games, that's pretty huge in my opinion.

I will take another look at your website today to learn more.

#19 9 years ago

I can't get over the old phone style dial holding the locked balls. Make sense if someone makes an E.T. P3 game. Apart from that I'm with Aurich on this one. If you can opt in with no money down to show interest than no harm no foul!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I can't get over the old phone style dial holding the locked balls. Make sense if someone makes an E.T. P3 game. Apart from that I'm with Aurich on this one. If you can opt in with no money down to show interest than no harm no foul!

It's a crashed space ship. Not an old phone dial.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a crashed Space Ship. Not an old phone dial.

Even better now E.T. can phone and go home in one device! Perfect I'm liking this P# platform more now

In all fairness I'll tip my hat to Gerry for applying this type of plan!

#22 9 years ago

I visited Multimorphic's open house over the past weekend, and I have to say I was extremely impressed and the platform has a ton of potential. 10k is a great deal for what I consider to be a very compelling pinball tinkerer's sandbox. The assembly is slick, intuitive, and easily customizable. I think that with a set of accessible software development tools, this could be just what they say it is- a real game changer. LLGG as it is is pretty also pretty fantastic and already in my wife's top ten machines.

Full disclosure: I'm not in on the pre-order at this time. I'd love to be, but I know that in Q3-Q4 2015 I'm going to have higher priorities than a hobbyist purchase of this magnitude. Here's to 2016!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Full disclosure: I'm not in on the pre-order at this time. I'd love to be, but I know that in Q3-Q4 2015 I'm going to have higher priorities than a hobbyist purchase of this magnitude. Here's to 2016!

Do you *really* want a house?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Do you *really* want a house?

Have you checked what renting a house runs in Austin lately?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Have you checked what renting a house runs in Austin lately?

How about that:
Can't you fit P3 in a trailer?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Wow - that is a great discount!!!
But you multiplied wrong: 100 * $100 = $10,000

Thanks - fixed.

- Gerry

#27 9 years ago

I'm in for one! My two older boys (9 & 10) both loved playing the prototype at the Chicago Expo. Plus I see a bright future for homebrew games that reuse the upper playfields of the official releases.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Pretty sure you got this announcement as 100% backwards and wrong as possible.

#29 9 years ago

1) A P3 t-shirt (sent with your machine)

Just make sure you make the options fatman friendly. No one wants to seem me in an XL Tee.
5XL allows most everyone to be happy.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Umm.. As has been stated elsewhere numerious times...
"manufacturing Pinball is hard"
While I hope / expect Multimorphic will do anything they can to launch as soon as the platform is ready... My gut tells me (given what everyone but stern is learning) is that even best case schedules is gonna take longer than anticipated.

If I were you; I'd put my name in the hat... There's no risk to you and if it's a 2016 product your well on your way to owning one of the firsts.

#31 9 years ago

Anyone who cares about the hobby should be pulling for multimorphic.

1) they are doing it the right way, self funding, not treating customers like an interest-free bank.
2) in a world where the P3 exists, you are far more likely to get NIB games much cheaper than you can today. It's far cheaper to manufacture an ship a module than a full size game.
3) the P3 platform will enable new companies to ship their ideas so much more easily. Today, if you want to build a machine, even though the lower level boards are no longer a problem thanks to Gerry and the P-Roc, you still have to build a pinball factory. It's much easier to manufacture if all you have to do is build an upper playfield/floating modules. That means more time spent on designing an awesome game and less time working out the logicstics of producing and testing pull size machines.
4) It's time for pinball to embrace the possibilities that modern technology allows for.

I can't wait to see LLGG and CCR in the wild, but I can't wait to see what some of these great minds out there come up with as well.

#32 9 years ago

I personally am looking at the P3/LLGG as a development platform. I have some Ideas for a P3 custom machine so LLGG will be a good platform to start that investigation.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I personally am looking at the P3/LLGG as a development platform. I have some Ideas for a P3 custom machine so LLGG will be a good platform to start that investigation.

Will you flip the functionality of the start and launch buttons on your game?

#35 9 years ago

Does the 2 game pack come with 2 different upper 1/3rd playfields? You mentioned $1500 for each new game + playfield swap, is that number still where you are at? Will there be art/plastics for things like the slingshots, bottom part or the playfield?

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Does the 2 game pack come with 2 different upper 1/3rd playfields? You mentioned $1500 for each new game + playfield swap, is that number still where you are at? Will there be art/plastics for things like the slingshots, bottom part or the playfield?

The slings, etc. are intentionally clear so that the playfield screen is visible beneath. I don't imagine there will be additional artwork that'll cover those up.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Game 1 is sexy light speed. Game 2 is cosmic cart racer. Both will have distinct upper play fields.

Edit: I meant Lexy, but nah, I'm leaving it sexy.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

sexy light speed

Freudian slip or auto correct fail?
Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

You just picked the worst week in the History of pinball to ask people to sine up for shit !

As long as I don't have to cosine.

#40 9 years ago

Should we sign up regardless of interest? I am not convinced without seeing this in person but if preordering helps encourage investors I would tentatively add my name. Is that too dishonest?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Should we sign up regardless of interest? I am not convinced without seeing this in person but if preordering helps convince investors I would tentatively add my name. Is that too dishonest?

I don't think it is dishonest. Is this a concept that you approve of, even if you would never even consider buying one til you see it in person? I would call you wise, and also completely ethical in signing up for a risk free pre-order to show your support. Hell, at the end of the production schedule, you may love it, be glad you got in line early, and get some extra perks too! That is good stuff for everyone!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Should we sign up regardless of interest? I am not convinced without seeing this in person but if preordering helps encourage investors I would tentatively add my name. Is that too dishonest?

In theory I support this interesting platform. In reality, I don't have the money to spend on it.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I wouldn't call it dishonest.

I wouldn't sign up unless you really want to buy one.

I'd hate to see 100 sign up and 99 disappear when it comes time to pay. That would really muck up what they are trying to do.

LTG : )™

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd hate to see 100 sign up and 99 disappear when it comes time to pay. That would really muck up what they are trying to do.

That isn't what Gerry said:

Obviously we know that a large number of folks will choose to drop out when it comes time to pay for their machine. At the same time, we're convinced that people will fall in love with the production P3 and LL-GG when they see it; so we're confident that the our production plans based on risk-free pre-orders won't be negatively affected by cancellations.

If you even think - you might be interested. or you'd buy one when you win that inheritance / loto. Sign up. Given what Gerry said above... he's prepare if large numbers drop out.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In theory, yes, but if 100 sign ups get them that extra push to get financing for the manufacturing phase, they can build for the orders that stay in, games get out there, more people play them, more orders come in, developers get them and start work on their games, and slowly but surely an ecosystem emerges.

Or lots of people who sign up are won over by the time manufacturing Ramps up, and the platform is a raging success!

Regardless, I'd much prefer this process than by gambling customer money on game development and company operational costs.

#46 9 years ago

If your "investors" won't invest why would I???

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Look. You don't like this - fine.
But really; Gerry's being upfront unlike the countless other "leaders" in the pinball world.
The problem is that investors only look at pure numbers; nothing else.
If I went in with a handful of people; and asked for money those investors would LOL.

The simple fact is sometimes you just have to take a risk - like I'm doing with my mods to see how it goes. Gerry and his team have done that in spades. Why is it so damn hard for the pinside "organism" to understand and support the good players in a market?

It's clear to me that your 8 word sentence is fraught with ignorance. It's clear you aren't investing in anything. When you have something constructive to add; give it a shot.

#48 9 years ago

+1 in support of pinball innovation from the P3 team.
Amazing solutions, dedication, and a product that is just fun-fun-fun.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Has anyone approached you to ask you to invest in exchange for equity into multimorphic, inc. yet? If not, I will be sure to let them know not to, because you aren't interested, and they would be wasting their time.

Good thing the only thing they are asking you to do at this point is express your interest in the platform with a no obligation form. If you aren't interested at all, that's cool, it costs you nothing either way. If it makes you feel better, no body else on this forum is putting their money at risk either with this platform, so no need to be a white knight to save them here.

If you would prefer a company to mistake customers for investors, and finance the company with customer enthusiasm by putting that pre-purchase money at risk, there are still plenty of alternatives to choose from for now. Good luck finding a solution that makes you happy!

#50 9 years ago

best of luck in your venture

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-money-down-no-risk-no-obligation-reserve-your-p3-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.