(Topic ID: 90793)

No machines nearby; which client should I use?

By Bixler

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Bixler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hey there,

I'm interested in getting into pinball, but there are no machines near my college, and I haven't played on an actual machine in at least 7-8 years. It was so fun though.

Which pinball game for the computer would you recommend? FX2, The Pinball Arcade, or something else?

I'm interested in ---

1. Smooth, fun gameplay
    2. Great online community/support (forums, tournaments, leadboards, updates from developers with new tables and features, etc.)
    3. Longevity (not some game that will die off within a year or two)

Thank you so much.

#2 9 years ago

If you have a console system, The Williams Collection is good. Don't know about any of the PC versions.

#3 9 years ago

the pinball arcade fits everything your looking for and will be getting cabinet support in the future

#4 9 years ago

I have both FX2 for the 360 and The Pinball Arcade for the iPad and enjoy both of them. The latter is better with more updates, as they post a new table each month. Both are very smooth; FX2 for the 360 does not have real tables, but they do have real (Marvel/Star Wars) themes.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks for the input!

#6 9 years ago

Download the Pinball Arcade for the PC and demo it for free.

#7 9 years ago

I demoed them both briefly and I feel more drawn to FX2, so I'll probably stick with that for the time being. Thanks for the help! Both are fun to play.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-machines-nearby-which-client-should-i-use and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.