• Latest reply 5 years ago by Kickout
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Williams Lady Luck was playing just fine until this weekend. Turn the pin on, score reels reset, then the problem. After all reels zero out the 1 PT relay energizes causing the 1st player 1 point drum unit to jump from 0 to 1. The 1 PT relay stays energized causing the 1st player 1 point score drum coil to stay energized keeping the plunger pulled back. The 1 PT relay energizes when the start button is pushed. The Lady has me stumped.

#2 6 years ago

There's likely a 1-point switch on the playfield stuck closed somewhere. Make sure your switches are gapped correctly.

#3 6 years ago

Check the 1A Make/Break on your A Player relay.

Link to the superb Williams manual: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1404/Williams_1968_Lady_Luck_Instruction_Manual.pdf

#4 6 years ago

Pahuffman,
Nice call, there was a stuck switch on the left kicker. Thanks for the help

#5 6 years ago

Pahuffman,

My mistake that was not it. As Currieddog pointed out I will check switch "1A" the M/B on the A Player relay

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

My mistake that was not it. As Currieddog pointed out I will check switch "1A" the M/B on the A Player relay

That could be it. Seems logical. Something is likely stuck closed that should be open. Start at the coil and work your way backwards along the line. It should be a maladjusted or dirty switch somewhere along there.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also check on the score reel and make sure it is properly adjusted. If I'm not mistaken, and someone else can probably see this better than I can, it will probably one of the switches highlighted on this line.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

The 1 PT relay stays energized causing the 1st player 1 point score drum coil to stay energized keeping the plunger pulled back

Quoted from Pahuffman:

There's likely a 1-point switch on the playfield stuck closed somewhere. Make sure your switches are gapped correctly.

Quoted from Kickout:

My mistake that was not it

Unplug the playfield to find out whether the problem is there.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Unplug the playfield to find out whether the problem is there.

Start a game first though, right? If the problem is on the playfield the coil should release when you unplug it. At least you can eliminate that as a possibility.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Start a game first though, right? If the problem is on the playfield the coil should release when you unplug it. At least you can eliminate that as a possibility.

That could work, but better to unplug the playfield first with the power off so you don't accidentally connect 25 volts to the 6 volt light bulb circuit.

#10 6 years ago

@kickout, did you ever get it fixed?

#11 6 years ago

Pahuffman

I'm working on it. Discovered a leaf switch on the top right was stuck together. Fixed that and the 1 pt relay is now fix. Will play a few games on it tonight to see if anything else jumps out. Thaks to all pinsider's for their help.

#12 5 years ago

Got the score reels working correctly. Thanks everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-luck-with-lady-luck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.