(Topic ID: 114271)

No love for Bingos in the collections lists?

By ArcadeTechNerd

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by northside-irish
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150322_090554.jpg
    20150322_090511.jpg
    20150322_090632.jpg
    DSC02840.JPG
    DSC02845.JPG
    Pictures2014 492.jpg
    Pictures2014 491.jpg
    Pictures2014 490.jpg
    Pictures2014 182.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that there seems to be no Bingo type games in the selection lists for machines in collections in the personal profiles?

At least... None that I have.

#2 6 years ago

There are no bingos or other flipperless in the Pinside database - only flipper games. I've got 4 flipperless and can't add them either.

What bingos do you have? Always love to see a fellow bingo enthusiast on this site.

-Nick

#3 6 years ago

I went to a friends house yesterday who collects and got to play some near mint original bingo's there.Believe it or not most of his games are DMD's too.
    Pictures2014 182.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Vic, did you put that five in a row up? Also, I've never played one of the poker hand style games - did they make those for territories where bingos were outlawed? I've seen a similar Williams game but didn't see a replay counter on that either. The Williams was very old, but that bally looks like a 60s or 70s game.

#5 6 years ago

Yeah that's my 5 in a line on the top row of the Gay Time.

Not sure why Bally made the Poker Bingo, but guest they thought vendors might be interested in trying to put them on route. I remember playing a few on route back in the late 60's or early 70's and they didn't do well at all.The card holes on the playfield was a different design then the numbered holes on a bingo too. Sure is a beautiful game though. I actually like it for home use and wouldn't mind adding one to my collection.

The game itself is a blast to play and is really nice for home use since each player competes against each other to see who ends up with the best hand. I seen players bet cash against each other while the game was actually on route. Even then they didn't make any money.
    Pictures2014 490.jpgPictures2014 491.jpg
    Pictures2014 492.jpg

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

What bingos do you have? Always love to see a fellow bingo enthusiast on this site.
    -Nick

Currently there is a 1969 Bally London and a 1954 United Hawaii.

The Hawaii landed as a restoration project for a friend and may or may not end up staying as they are undecided if they really want to keep it.

I tend to have a little bit of everything around. I'm fond of variety.

#7 6 years ago

Excellent Arcadetechnerd! Variety is the spice of life and bingos are great for small gatherings.

Vic, thanks for the explanation! It looks like it would be fun, but the lack of post under the traditional '16' spot would be maddening.

#8 6 years ago

Just dropped a couple of pix of the new machine into the "Show us your Bingo Pinball Machines" thread. Just for the curious.

#9 6 years ago

There are no bingos or other flipperless in the Pinside database - only flipper games. I've got 4 flipperless and can't add them either.
    -Nick

Baffle Ball and Super Dixieland are in the database, but I can't find most flipperless games. I was never sure what the policy on that was.

#10 6 years ago

I have 3 bingos in the line awaiting a shot at restoration/ refurbish- I have Ring, Zodiac, and Double up

it would be nice to see them in the database....

#11 6 years ago

I've never even seen a bingo machine on location, much less played one. Wouldn't even know where to start.

#12 6 years ago

There are lots of bingos in the Nashville area. A collection of 21 was just offered and no one took them. It wasn't a price issue as they would be practically free to whoever hauled them off. No one wants them, at least not around here.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I've never even seen a bingo machine on location, much less played one. Wouldn't even know where to start.

Go here to these two links to get started on learning about these great pin games.
    http://bingo.cdyn.com/
    http://danny.cdyn.com/Misc%20Bingo.htm

#14 6 years ago

The first one I ever saw on location was in a bar in Memphis at least 15 years ago. I thought it was odd that the player was turning knobs and contemplating for a few minutes between shooting balls.
    Didn't know what the heck he was doing. Then I met Vic Camp, and he gave me the full tutorial on bingos. I have a couple of project United games and I was even mentioned in Jeff Lawton's book on United bingos.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

There are lots of bingos in the Nashville area. A collection of 21 was just offered and no one took them. It wasn't a price issue as they would be practically free to whoever hauled them off. No one wants them, at least not around here.

If they are still available please shoot me a PM

#16 6 years ago

I recently restored a Bally 1961 Can Can Magic Screen Bingo. They are out there!
    Fascinating games, I recommend you have at least one in your line up.
    Steve J.

DSC02845.JPG DSC02840.JPG
    #17 6 years ago

Maybe some day I can find one.

Hell, until a few years ago I never even saw AAB games. I guess I spent all my time where replays ruled.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

I recently restored a Bally 1961 Can Can Magic Screen Bingo. Dennis Dodel sent me pictures to help with a trip bank wiring issue from a still on location Can Can game in St Louis. They are out there!
    Fascinating games, I reccommend you have at least one in your line up.
    Steve J.Can Can Bingo game on location in St Louis
    006.JPG 215 KB

I can't believe my eyes...A bingo pinball machine on route in 2015. I remember playing on route in Newark NJ from in the late 1960's until mid 1980's. Looking at this picture brings me back in time when life was't that complicated. Thanks for sharing.

#19 6 years ago

hi boys - please don't spread the word that i'm back on here ... but it's for the bingos man, the bingos!!! ... a while back ned sent me a photo of that can can, in that corner, opened up and being worked on. i've kept it secret the whole time tho. nick, vic, ned and "very few" others know "some" of the top secret bingo stuff harbored ... this game on location should maybe be treated as one of them ... (sj, please consider editing that post to keep folks out of trouble it could cause).

#20 6 years ago

Hey Muggle, nice to see ya! Looking forward to some shop talk next week.

#21 6 years ago

thanks matey - looking forward to it too - calling hugh & jeffrey tomorrow - check on hugh's health and jeffrey's vegas trip - ( thanks SJ !!! now, if we could maybe get vic to adjust the copied quote on his post we can keep these things in the seedy shadows we all love) ... = ) ... missed you at york my friend - hope to see you at a-town.

#22 6 years ago

Yep, I've got one flipperless game as well (albeit a modern one): USA Football, the redemption version that is completely different than the head-to-head game with the same name. Since it shares the same cabinet as the other one though, I have it listed as yet another USA Football in my collection. Hopefully these flipperless games do get added in the future. Robin did say he was thinking about it....

2 months later
    #23 6 years ago

Hey guys! Looking for some assistance from the Bingo Machine masters. I am beginning the restoration of a 1947 lady Robin Hood. It is in need of a couple of light shields. I spoke to Steve Young at Pinball Resource and he said he did not have any but that I could use some from Bingo machines.

Where could I obtain some for my restoration? Thanks.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Half_Life:

Hey guys! Looking for some assistance from the Bingo Machine masters. I am beginning the restoration of a 1947 lady Robin Hood. It is in need of a couple of light shields. I spoke to Steve Young at Pinball Resource and he said he did not have any but that I could use some from Bingo machines.
    Where could I obtain some for my restoration? Thanks.

I noticed in some pictures on IPDB that the light shields look to be a red color and seem to be a early 50's bingo machine shield.I have never seen a red bingo light shield.Are they painted or red from the factory? If you can post a clear close up picture of the shield you need and i will check my stock inventory control pinball cabinets.

#25 6 years ago

Thanks Vic. I appreciate the help. These are definitely red from the factory.

20150322_090511.jpg20150322_090554.jpg20150322_090632.jpg

#26 6 years ago

I picked up one about 6 months ago from a local seller, I paid $75.00 for a United Manhattan in Near perfect condition. The back glass playfield and cabinet were like new . She said she had been trying to sell it for a month and had no takers. kind of sad these are very beautiful and complex machines . It just seems that No one has any interest in saving this big beauties from the dump.

I have one and am working on getting it back to 100% it will be a welcome addition to my EM collection. Everyone should have one . I have played some other bingos before they were very enjoyable and I can't wait to get mine in the line up .

Brian

#27 6 years ago

I'm getting one as soon as I find a decent complete Bingo at a cheap price.

#28 6 years ago

I picked up a United Tropics for $85 over Christmas Break. It's in perfect cosmetic condition but was listed as non-working. For the first time in my pinball experience it really was just a fuse! I spent maybe a week's worth of evenings going through the mechanism and it now plays like new. Great games but they do get a little monotonous.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside