(Topic ID: 89443)

No Leak Battery Guarantee

By mtdouble

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Energizer® MAX® Guarantee

Energizer® will repair or replace, at our option, any device damaged by leakage from Energizer® MAX® Alkaline batteries. If exact replacement is not available, devices may be replaced with a product of comparable market value at the time of claim. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided to Energizer® as proof of claim. Energizer® reserves the right to (1) limit the value of repair or replacement of device to $250 and (2) deny claims of damage caused by misuse or modification of the batteries or device. If you have a leaking battery, contact 1-800-383-7323 for return instructions.

#2 9 years ago

I saw this commercial tonight. Vey interesting. Might have to pick up some next trip to the hardware store.

#3 9 years ago

There is fine print in there they can use to get out paying anything and that $250 may only cover one way shipping of the full device (talking about a full pinball game) just sending a board may give them to much room to get out of it.

#4 9 years ago

I doubt you would have to send the whole pin. They just need to see the board and the leaking battery.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from mtdouble:

I doubt you would have to send the whole pin. They just need to see the board and the leaking battery.

I take that you don't know how far big companies go with marketing stuff like this with there fine print that makes it hard for some to get a pay out.

#6 9 years ago

Just change your batteries once a year, just like your smoke detectors.

#7 9 years ago

I stopped buying Energizers years ago because of those stupid bunny commercials.

#8 9 years ago

And going. And Going. And Going.

#9 9 years ago

Usually the product that is guaranteed not to do something is the one that will.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I stopped buying Energizers years ago because of those stupid bunny commercials.

duke nukem I had them (not called that but you knew what they where)

#11 9 years ago

Duracell battery guarantee

Guarantee: If not completely satisfied with your Duracell battery product, call 1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM – 5:00PM EST). Duracell guarantees its batteries against defects in materials and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option.

#12 9 years ago

Get a remove battery holder then you don't have to worry if they do leak

#13 9 years ago

anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator Guarantee

I guarantee unconditionally that any game using anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator will never be damaged by leaking batteries*, ever.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Disclaimer (is this really necessary? ) *of course there must not be prior battery leakage, and batteries must be removed from the board when anyPin is installed

#14 9 years ago

I guarantee that eventually a battery will leak regardless of the guarantee. Or I'll refund the time you spent reading this*

*time will not be honored

#15 9 years ago

Years ago, Varta had a similar guarantee.

We tried to collect on it once when batteries leaked and trashed a motor drive on a Nikon FM2N.

Varta's answer? We needed to prove that the batteries leaking caused the damage.

We ended up buying another motor drive.

#16 9 years ago

see also insurance claims for shipping a pinball machine. lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-leak-battery-guarantee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.