13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0609.JPG
#1 13 years ago

Have no lane change for the T2 pin. I've read about the opto isolator chips that are supposed to effect this. Does anyone know if these are them? The machine can work without them? What other problems may be caused by no optos ? I also cannot enter my initials for high scores.

IMG_0609.JPGIMG_0609.JPG

#2 13 years ago

I will take a look at mine later tonight and let you know.

#3 13 years ago

Thanks, Leigh. No rush. I ordered optos from Great Plains Electronics anyway! I'll get to the bottom of this "case of the missing chips".

#4 13 years ago

Yes those are them. Replacing the chips should fix your lane change and high score initials.

1 week later
#5 13 years ago

I installed the 2 opto chips. Still no lane change. Any suggestions?

1 month later
#6 13 years ago

I have sad update to this story. It seems the incorrect driver board was installed in this machine prior to me buying it. T2 is a pre-fliptronics game, and should be using a A-12697-1 board. It does have a A-12697-3 board in it which doesn't have the opto's two big resistors, and a flipper relay. (and probably other stuff)
(This was a Wolfman machine). So, anybody got any suggestions short of buying a whole new driver board? is it possible to add the pre-fliptronics components to make it a -1? Anyone ever come across anything like this? I already put a lot of replacement parts in, big caps, bridge rectifiers, chased my tail to provide 5v to the watchdog chip so it would stop resetting when both flippers were hit at the same time! The photo shows some of the missing components.

#7 13 years ago

I was able to repair this board by adding the two 5 watt resistors. R 210 and 211. Everything works now! Lane change and high score initials.

3 years later
#8 9 years ago

I just found this thread and have the same problem with my T2.
Was it just two regular 5 watt resistors you added to the board in R210 and R211?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-lane-change-on-t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.