(Topic ID: 5897)

no key for locks-Hot Line machine

By rlcokc

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Just purchased Hot Line pinball and no key for the front or back of the machine. Not sure whether to call locksmith or simply drill out lock to get in. Is there such a thing as a master key which fits machines of this era. Hot Line is a electro mechanical from 1966. Also would like to find back glass as this one has crack in corner. Any suggestions would be welcome. If the cylinder lock is available I would think might be easiest to simply pull both of the locks and replace cylinder. Are they available. New to forum but wanted a pinball machine for long time. Just now had a spot. Thanks in advance.
Rod

#2 12 years ago

These type locks (disk tumbler) are low cost and easy to get and replace. Just get new locks and change them yourself. If they are tubular like in a vending machine call a locksmith. Tubular locks for your machine may not be so easy to find...they are still made but a fit for your machine, I don't know.

#3 12 years ago

Drilling out the lock (corded drill is best) takes all of about 30 seconds, then 5 minutes or so to install a new lock ($3 each at pinball life). Unless of course the locks are different on older machines...in which case I have no idea what I am talking about.

#4 12 years ago

The locks are almost never original. What kind of lock is it? If it's a cheap wafer tumbler lock, just pick it and replace it, otherwise drill and replace.

#5 12 years ago

drill it out

#6 12 years ago

You can google how to pick locks with some sucess. They also show how to make a master key. It takes a lot of time.

Fast option, drill lock and replace for about $3.

#7 12 years ago

Mayfairamusements has a very extensive selection of backglasses for sale, you may want to go there first.

#8 12 years ago

Thanks to all. Ordered new lock for both the coin door and back. Will drill out. Thanks for all the responses.

5 months later
#9 12 years ago

Hi i think you should call to a Locksmith.They will definitely sovle this problem.

http://www.locksmith-in-chicago.com/emergency-locksmith/

#10 12 years ago

Mine took about 20 seconds and it popped open with a drill. Took it apart and installed new ones. Don't make the same mistake I made and only pop it open when you have the new lock ready to put it on. I couldn't get the damn thing to stay shut.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-key-for-locks-hot-line-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.