Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by elaundar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_mt2nbnG38H1qh0d4co1_400.gif
    DDAE6215-E629-4233-852B-229CACEC7DAD (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

Interesting to see. I assume cactus remake is what pushed out pirates but it is sad to see. I know the top 100 changes on a week to week basis and the system has its flaws.

Anyway excited to see JJP’s next game.

#2 1 year ago

Doesn’t matter. It’s a flawed system scored by fanboys and haters from all sides. Buy what you like and don’t worry about other peoples opinions.

#3 1 year ago

Stern has employees boosting ratings on every new release to help with sales. I've been ignoring the list for over a year now.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Stern has employees boosting ratings on every new release to help with sales

Or maybe they are putting out some really fun games?

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Buy what you like and don’t worry about other peoples opinions.

I have 2 JJP pins (Woz and DI) and love them both, I could have bought them all if had wanted to, but instead have bought 4 Sterns in a row and 6 out of the past 7 have been Stern pins.

The Stern pins are more fun (to me) and have better themes: SW, DP, JP, GZ over Wonka or GnR.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Or maybe they are putting out some really fun games?

In my opinion all of the Stern games that are currently in the top 10 belong. Other than Iron Maiden i would personally place in a top 25.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

In my opinion all of the Stern games that are currently in the top 10 belong. Other than Iron Maiden i would personally place in a top 25.

I agree with everything said here, though the list once again is subjective, some would argue Iron Maiden is Keith’s best game. My favorite Keith pin (AIQ) is what a lot of people would call his worst pin. So again buy what you like.

#9 1 year ago

Dialed In is a great game but the others? Some fine, some awful. In the end, who cares about popularity contests? You like what you like.

#10 1 year ago

I’ve tried to like JJP pins. I get excited about them, try them, but they never really grab me. They are just okay. I had a Wonka. I know a lot of people love it but I didn’t think it was fun, which is how I end up feeling about most JJP pins. Maybe the next JJP release will be different for me!

#11 1 year ago

There are some JJP games on my personal Top 10 list and that's what matters in the end to me.

#12 1 year ago

Interesting to see. I assume cactus remake is what pushed out pirates but it is sad to see. I know the top 100 changes on a week to week basis and the system has its flaws.

The system has no flaws and is an iron-clad representation of the true rankings of pinball machines.

Jjp is just going to have to try harder.

#13 1 year ago

I think if JJP would put POTC back in production so more people could play and rate it, this would change quickly. Amazing game, better than many of the current top 10.

#14 1 year ago

I think the top 100 list is dumb. But imagining for a moment it has some significance, one could point out that all of JJPs games are in the top 40. And say that is some kind of accomplishment.

#15 1 year ago

DDAE6215-E629-4233-852B-229CACEC7DAD (resized).jpegDDAE6215-E629-4233-852B-229CACEC7DAD (resized).jpeg

#16 1 year ago

JJP games don't come out fast enough to be on the top 10 for very long.

#17 1 year ago

Don’t care as pretty much anything in the top 50 is now considered great, top 25 amazing. This is due to there being such a large number of fun games released over the past 15 years.

#18 1 year ago

What you should be focusing on is how all 6 JJP games are in the top 41 games on Pinside. That’s damn good, even with what many consider a flawed ranking system, when there’s so many great pins now out.

#19 1 year ago

Yea,the list is skewed. I don't think so as much with the EM list but I know a lot of people watching the list have no interest in EM's. I think there is less pumping of games on the EM list. They've been around so long that people tend to know what's good and what isn't.

#20 1 year ago

In just the few months I've been following things here closely, it's clear the list is subject to manipulation. Cactus Canyon the #2 best game? It's not even the second best game released in 1998 (Monster Bash and Champion Pub were better; CC was half-baked and rushed as W/B threw effort into P2K). I remember playing all these releases at my distributor (Mountain Coin, may they RIP). CC is among the worst of the WPC95 games IMHO.

Only the reissue by CGC and a bunch of biased, recent reviews have pushed this up the list. I tend to ignore any game less than 2-3 years old in the rankings. that said, the JJP games are a different beast. They feel and play differently than Stern Spike/S2. If you're accustomed to the spikey (pun intended) flippers of the Sterns, you probably think JJP is "floaty" or somesuch. Another element of great importance to me that isn't even ranked in reviews here is build quality. One look at JJPs, and its clear they're on a completely different level than Stern. Just look at the backbox. The monitor mounts on the JJP are a thing of beauty. Sterns are mass-produced with cheap hardware and it shows. To each his own. YMMV.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Yea,the list is skewed. I don't think so as much with the EM list but I know a lot of people watching the list have no interest in EM's. I think there is less pumping of games on the EM list. They've been around so long that people tend to know what's good and what isn't.

While it is true there's no pumping the new EM games, for some reason that list is even worse. SkyRocket number 1?

At least the games on the solid state list get enough votes to even out the superfans and the brand bashers. Its just that today's top 60 are the equivalent in excellentness to 2005's top 10.

The ratings aren't everything, but they're something.

#22 1 year ago

I mean... which one really deserves to be there? Pirates, I assume. And how disappinting that a game proven to be subpar rockets to the top because, what? It's new and people who own it have to pump it up, suddenly? In what world is that game better than afm or mm?

#23 1 year ago

Last time I cared about the Top 100 was when ACDC was released (the first time...not VEs)

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

While it is true there's no pumping the new EM games, for some reason that list is even worse. SkyRocket number 1?

Yep - Pinside's Top 100 ranking for EMs is a total joke.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

In just the few months I've been following things here closely, it's clear the list is subject to manipulation. Cactus Canyon the #2 best game? It's not even the second best game released in 1998 (Monster Bash and Champion Pub were better; CC was half-baked and rushed as W/B threw effort into P2K).

If you are new, just keep following things a bit longer and you will see the pattern. Cactus Canyon won’t stay at #2.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from DiabloRush:

1998 (Monster Bash and Champion Pub were better; CC was half-baked and rushed as W/B threw effort into P2K).

You do know that CGC has completed and enhanced the CC code for the remake, right? I believe the CC remake is top 10 worthy and is a better game than MB (and I own MB). But I would concur with you that the original CC is not a top 10 game.

#27 1 year ago

tumblr_mt2nbnG38H1qh0d4co1_400.giftumblr_mt2nbnG38H1qh0d4co1_400.gif

3 weeks later
    #28 1 year ago

Jumping in late to this thread, but I've observed in most communities the new thing is always going to score better than it should.

I'd love to see a variation of the top 100 list that excluded all currently-in-production models up to about 3 years old. (A crude version of this is just a custom list through 2018: https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/custom?gamefamily=custom&only_games_from=1930&only_games_to=2018 but it doesn't combine variations, so its not perfect).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-jjp-games-currently-in-pinside-top-10?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.