Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180319_190222 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

i am working on my D&D that i bought broken. everything is working now except for 2 coils (they are still good). my left flipper does not receive 43 volt. and i also have a shooter coil witch i haven't tested yet. Q40 on my main board was missing just replaced that but still no left flipper. the game does show info about the game when i press the left flipper button in attract. what else should i check ?

edit : i removed something in my question that was wrong.

#2 6 years ago

The flippers should never be receiving 100+v. The only voltage they use is the 43v

#3 6 years ago

you are right i just measured my two coils. my left doesnt get anny power at all. and my right one gets 43v. Ive misread some info about coils somewhere i think.the cap on my flipper butten does hold charge. and my fuses are ok. what should i look for next ?
i also just noticed that my end of stroke tabs were always touching each other could that have blown something ?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Simonvb:

you are right i just measured my two coils. my left doesnt get anny power at all. and my right one gets 43v. Ive misread some info about coils somewhere i think.the cap on my flipper butten does hold charge. and my fuses are ok. what should i look for next ?
i also just noticed that my end of stroke tabs were always touching each other could that have blown something ?

Yes, it could have. Both flippers should be connected to the same 43v line though. Do you have continuity between the high power lugs of the two coils?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes, it could have. Both flippers should be connected to the same 43v line though. Do you have continuity between the high power lugs of the two coils?

i checked them inline and it does have continuity.

#6 6 years ago

If there's continuity, then shouldn't you have voltage at one if it's at the other one?

#7 6 years ago

should be.... but all the tabs have continuity with each other inline that is. what else could be wrong ?

IMG_20180319_190222 (resized).jpgIMG_20180319_190222 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Try just running a jumper between the rightmost lug of each coil

#9 6 years ago

still nothing. after that i also alligator cliped a new coil to the soldert in of the non functioning one and it wont move my screwdriver. but it does when i put it on my right flipper.

#10 6 years ago

You sure your eos is closed good? Jumpering the lugs should have at least gotten 43v to the coil so there must be another problem besides

#11 6 years ago

its fine just reflowed it. but when i hook up all the lugs to the other flipper with alligator clips it does work when i push the right flipper so the coil does work... after removing every one of them at a time the left button wont actuate it. so mabey its tyhe button thats at fault ?

#12 6 years ago

i have cleaned the button before ... when i short the button with my screw driver it works.. still thanks allot for the help. the other one might be a leaf switch problem aswell.

#13 6 years ago

There you go. Start with the simple stuff first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-hv-on-left-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.