(Topic ID: 327151)

No Home Leaderboards For Stern Insider Connected (Poll Added)

By EaglePin

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If Stern had home leaderboards available, would that feature sway you more toward buying a Stern over a machine that looked equally fun but didn't have connected features?”

• Yes, I'd lean more toward the Stern because of home leaderboards 69 votes
      82%
    • No, the availability of home leaderboards wouldn't matter to me 15 votes
      18%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

access (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

Clearly there aren't any GOTG near me with IC on them. On Pinballmap.com, other than the Stern Factory Arcade, I see 4 GOTG near me. So that means none of them have IC on them. And this area is a big market for pinball in the country.
    I just looked up Greenleaf, ID on Pinballmap.com. It lists 24 pinball machines in Greenleaf. When I entered the Greenleaf zip code of 83626 into Stern IC it shows a grand total of 5 machines connected, but the kicker is that none of them are even in Greenleaf. They're all listed as being over 20 miles from 83626.
    There are situations like this all over the country, including in bigger pinball markets like Chicago. So I fail to see the argument that operators need to be protected when there just aren't that many IC games out on location to begin with. There's not that much out there to protect.
    Also I think a rising tide would float all boats, meaning more interest in pinball (including having home leaderboards) will translate into more location play because of the expanded interest in total that it generates. Looking at it as "it would take business from locations" is just not supported by the facts. Home pinball owners play a good amount of location pinball. At tournaments in the area a common question when meeting someone is "Do you have any games at home" and the answer is pretty often "yes". I don't think the amount home owners play on location would change much if leaderboards were available at home.
    Leaderboards are fun, and more people having fun in pinball means better pinball business for everyone.

Half of our spike 2 games DO NOT have IC on them. Unless they have come with the newer games and yes, we have a leaderboard or two up.

Why? Operators get no discount on the kit. $200 per machine adds up quick and you would be disgustingly shocked by how little money a 7-9k pinball machine actually makes in a month.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

This whole decision is simply because Stern wants to charge Ops on some sort of plan, and get a cut from every game on IC out on location. The financial gain from that will be bigger than any Insider Plus, or home customer income they can generate.
    This has always been the plan, don’t think for a minute that Stern was creating this team of people and platform just to be nice to the players and home buyers, for no charge.
    It needs to be free, and have as many players using it as possible, so those players will lean on the Ops to keep it when Stern starts charging commercial Ops for it.
    Still a bad move, but very easy to see the logic. This is not some huge blunder that many think, it’s very calculated, from the info they have been gathering from the Pro accounts.

DNO nailed it. It’s another reason we have been skeptical to go “all in” on insider connected for location.

Stern would have to do some REAL game changing stuff to get me to pay them for IC monthly. Right now it’s not even close to sniffing my wallet.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeF:

I have 4 Spike 2 machines, I bought the upgrade kits for the 2 machines that were not IC ready. I activated/registered my 4 machines with the expectation that there would be Leaderboards for home use at some point. Very disappointed if that will not be the case for all the reasons outlined in this thread.

Did stern specifically say they were going to do home leaderboards or was this all speculation? I seriously don’t know the answer to this.

I’m not disparaging people that bought the kits, but can’t understand why you would pay money for these without knowing their intentions beyond achievements.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

This is so laughably wrong i don't even know where to start.

We have noted no significant increase in coin drop yet from IC games.

The tech alerts are buggy and not accurate however when this is working it would be nice. The actual plays per day is the most interesting feature so far.

I wouldn’t call his opinion laughable. There is some potential with the system for sure in time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-home-leaderboards-for-stern-insider-connected?tu=doublestack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.