(Topic ID: 327151)

No Home Leaderboards For Stern Insider Connected (Poll Added)

By EaglePin

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If Stern had home leaderboards available, would that feature sway you more toward buying a Stern over a machine that looked equally fun but didn't have connected features?”

• Yes, I'd lean more toward the Stern because of home leaderboards 69 votes
      82%
    • No, the availability of home leaderboards wouldn't matter to me 15 votes
      18%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

access (resized).jpg
    There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago

Sad to hear this. Also, "just my machine" leaderboards aren't enough IMHO. I have a Godzilla. A few of my pinball friends around the country/world have a Godzilla. I'd like to have an IC friends list and be able to see a leaderboard with my friends scores so we can compete against each other. This is how people are used to it working on their smartphone games, and if you're limiting it to a group of people you know you don't need to worry about cheating either.

#52 1 year ago

Home leaderboards would be an easy to implement feature and low hanging fruit for Stern in expanding the IC. Right now there is really isn't a huge benefit to buy a kit get a game connected (1st game then network others). Its convenient for code updates and the achievement tracking is nice but that is it. The extra $39 a year for exclusive pod casts and behind the scenes stuff is a bit of a money grab.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

This whole decision is simply because Stern wants to charge Ops on some sort of plan, and get a cut from every game on IC out on location. The financial gain from that will be bigger than any Insider Plus, or home customer income they can generate.
    This has always been the plan, don’t think for a minute that Stern was creating this team of people and platform just to be nice to the players and home buyers, for no charge.
    It needs to be free, and have as many players using it as possible, so those players will lean on the Ops to keep it when Stern starts charging commercial Ops for it.
    Still a bad move, but very easy to see the logic. This is not some huge blunder that many think, it’s very calculated, from the info they have been gathering from the Pro accounts.

DNO nailed it. It’s another reason we have been skeptical to go “all in” on insider connected for location.

Stern would have to do some REAL game changing stuff to get me to pay them for IC monthly. Right now it’s not even close to sniffing my wallet.

#54 1 year ago

I have 4 Spike 2 machines, I bought the upgrade kits for the 2 machines that were not IC ready. I activated/registered my 4 machines with the expectation that there would be Leaderboards for home use at some point. Very disappointed if that will not be the case for all the reasons outlined in this thread.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeF:

I have 4 Spike 2 machines, I bought the upgrade kits for the 2 machines that were not IC ready. I activated/registered my 4 machines with the expectation that there would be Leaderboards for home use at some point. Very disappointed if that will not be the case for all the reasons outlined in this thread.

Did stern specifically say they were going to do home leaderboards or was this all speculation? I seriously don’t know the answer to this.

I’m not disparaging people that bought the kits, but can’t understand why you would pay money for these without knowing their intentions beyond achievements.

#56 1 year ago

There is no way at the moment I would pay to put insider on any of the games I have.

Achievements get old quickly and then.....

If insider can't be used to compete head to head, I don't see the point of it.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

This whole decision is simply because Stern wants to charge Ops on some sort of plan, and get a cut from every game on IC out on location. The financial gain from that will be bigger than any Insider Plus, or home customer income they can generate.
    This has always been the plan, don’t think for a minute that Stern was creating this team of people and platform just to be nice to the players and home buyers, for no charge.
    It needs to be free, and have as many players using it as possible, so those players will lean on the Ops to keep it when Stern starts charging commercial Ops for it.
    Still a bad move, but very easy to see the logic. This is not some huge blunder that many think, it’s very calculated, from the info they have been gathering from the Pro accounts.

I would invite any op thinking about this to look to Japan.

Their arcades did the same thing, everything networked, players have cards they can tap to save their profiles and get rewards etc etc. Sounds familiar right?

Nesica Live and the networks like that are taking 30% of the profits and squeezing the shit out of the industry. And it's hard to go back.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Yep I see what you're saying and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way they're thinking about it. But I still see it as bad logic on Stern's part.

I think if someone who owns a machine at home is thinking of inviting people over to play, they're still going to play at home instead of going to a location with leaderboards. They don't think "Well, I don't have leaderboards at home so let's instead go to a location that has them."

So you and I are thinking alike about the issue, but all I'm saying is that I don't think the exclusivity of leaderboards to locations is a revenue driver for locations. So why put the barrier up and frustrate/annoy a sizable portion of Stern's machine buyers by blocking them from it?

People with machines at home are still happy to play them at home without leaderboards. They'd have fun with home leaderboards if they were available, but the leaderboard feature won't drive additional revenue from home play to locations and all Stern gets out of it are a lot of annoyed customers.

If they're going to put up a barrier to have a feature that's exclusive to locations, it should at least be a feature that will have a meaningful number of home machine owners thinking "yeah, I want to go do that on location" to truly create additional revenue on location.

#59 1 year ago

There are some many other things that would add to the IC experience. Cross competing player to player challenges…. It’s telling that with the small feature of Leaderboards they are holding back. I think they are siding with don’t give to much in case, whereas companies that flourish give a ton of functionality.

Just frustrating when you see home owners are in for the same amount as on location. To those that asked I also have some out on location and do support home leaderboards. Cheers!!

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I would invite any op thinking about this to look to Japan.
    Their arcades did the same thing, everything networked, players have cards they can tap to save their profiles and get rewards etc etc. Sounds familiar right?
    Nesica Live and the networks like that are taking 30% of the profits and squeezing the shit out of the industry. And it's hard to go back.

I love my golden tee, they split up commercial/home. Works fine. Works great. Easy enough. Can’t be that hard for stern to not screw this up. I’m pissed I have IC in my machines and 2 boxes waiting for install. I want my money back.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't owned a NIB Stern since my Star Trek Prem, so I'm behind the times on the IC stuff, but looking at their website I'm not actually clear why you pay them?
    Doesn't seem like you get much of anything really.

Theres zero reason to pay them. Stern doesn't charge for insider connected. I don't get why these boomers have such a hard time understanding this. Sure, there is a charge if you retrofit IC onto a supported game that doesn't have it, but otherwise its a free service. I think people confuse it with stern insider all access, which really has nothing to do with insider connected.

#62 1 year ago

I had a brief chat with Mr Gomez and asked him if he truly meant that home users would never get leaderboards. He said that was NOT what he meant, but he did say that there are some new IC features coming that may be location-specific. He said to expect home leaderboards to be offered sometime in 2023, once some privacy/security issues have been worked out.

#63 1 year ago

Very Glad to hear this! Thanks for clarifying what GG meant. Looking forward to 2023 to see it come to fruition.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I had a brief chat with Mr Gomez and asked him if he truly meant that home users would never get leaderboards. He said that was NOT what he meant, but he did say that there are some new IC features coming that may be location-specific. He said to expect home leaderboards to be offered sometime in 2023, once some privacy/security issues have been worked out.

This is good to hear. He definitely didn't come across that way in the interview. Just curious if this was a recent chat or awhile ago though, because his word for word in the interview didn't leave much question about their intention to have it only on location. It seemed like his interview was recorded after Expo, so it would have taken place sometime between the end of Oct. and Nov. 23 (when the 1st part of his interview aired on the podcast).

Just wondering on the general timing of your chat in case it's possible that at some point afterward they changed their mind and are now planning on only having leaderboards on location.

If their intention is to bring leaderboards to home users, then it would be good for Stern to clear the air on this. He said in the interview that he's always open and honest when he discusses things in interviews, so if in private he's saying leaderboards are coming to home users then it would be good to hear clarification from Stern that this was some sort of misunderstanding and state what their intent truly is on home leaderboards. Because currently his words on the podcast are the official message from them on the topic. Thanks for posting!!!

#65 1 year ago

I bought a bunch of Scorbit units basically for the leaderboard capability which works very well. Scorbit is open source.

Well I have a bunch of Spike 2 Sterns that current do Not work with Scorbit- very annoying…

Insider connect is a fun system with well thought out achievements. I wish Stern would be a little less protective but I can definitely see their hesitation. Lots of $ in this development.

Yeah as a home owner with a home league I am very disappointed but will have to wait another year or two.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

This is good to hear. He definitely didn't come across that way in the interview. Just curious if this was a recent chat or awhile ago though, because his word for word in the interview didn't leave much question about their intention to have it only on location. It seemed like his interview was recorded after Expo, so it would have taken place sometime between the end of Oct. and Nov. 23 (when the 1st part of his interview aired on the podcast).
    Just wondering on the general timing of your chat in case it's possible that at some point afterward they changed their mind and are now planning on only having leaderboards on location.
    If their intention is to bring leaderboards to home users, then it would be good for Stern to clear the air on this. He said in the interview that he's always open and honest when he discusses things in interviews, so if in private he's saying leaderboards are coming to home users then it would be good to hear clarification from Stern that this was some sort of misunderstanding and state what their intent truly is on home leaderboards. Because currently his words on the podcast are the official message from them on the topic. Thanks for posting!!!

To further clarify…. What I think he was saying about home leaderboards is that they would not become reality until some as of now unintroduced feature was made exclusive to locations.

My chat with him was earlier this morning btw and he gave permission to quote him as well.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

To further clarify…. What I think he was saying about home leaderboards is that they would not become reality until some as of now unintroduced feature was made exclusive to locations.
    My chat with him was earlier this morning btw and he gave permission to quote him as well.

Good to hear!!! Would also be good to hear clarification from Stern.

#68 1 year ago

When he was on Marco, he said he could do it now and said he's eventually going to do it he just needed to figure out how to do it to appease the operators. Everyone RELAX

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

When he was on Marco, he said he could do it now and said he's eventually going to do it he just needed to figure out how to do it to appease the operators. Everyone RELAX

I don't think anyone's too distraught over the issue, but from what he said on Super Awesome Pinball it was clear that leaderboards are location only so there was good reason to be annoyed by that.

I've never tuned into a Marco interview so I had no way to know what he said there, and I'd guess many others hadn't tuned into Marco either. If he said one thing on one show and presented it a different way on Super Awesome Pinball then that's on him.

Also, it's still a legit annoyance that leaderboards are being withheld from home users even temporarily since, again, withholding leaderboards doesn't increase location play by home users in any meaningful way.

#70 1 year ago

As long as Insider Connected is in the state it's in you can and should be annoyed. Gomez has been vaguely teasing this and that for a good long while.

Personally I don't see anything that would draw me to playing games on location(Insider Connected wise). If he ever says "I am doing this for the operators" it's sales speak. There is nothing about the current state of Insider Connected that should make operators happy. I am sure he wants them to think they should be happy though.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

I’d be curious to hear what anyone who own pins on Insider Connected at home outside the U.S. thinks about this also. Would you like the ability to set up a home leaderboard on your Insider Connected machines? Are there many pinball locations in your area that already have machines working on Insider Connected?

We live in Australia and have pins connected to IC. We were under the impression that we could do home leaderboards and that is why we put them on... Well surprise surprise no home leaderboards and Gomez has said it is for operators and sites only. Why put out every game with IC knowing 80% of them cannot run leaderboards as they are in peoples homes?

We have to drive over 2 hours to play any games, sone are connected to IC and run leaderboards.

#72 1 year ago

So bitching on a forum usually doesn’t get anything done. Should we be contacting Mr. Gomez?

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Medic:

So bitching on a forum usually doesn’t get anything done. Should we be contacting Mr. Gomez?

Someone posted in the Insider Connected forum about sending a website contact form to Stern asking for leaderboards at home. Then yesterday parsonsaj posted above about having had a phone conversation earlier in the day with George Gomez where he said home leaderboards are coming.

Prior to the post by parsonsaj I was thinking a next reasonable step in the discussion might be to suggest people send e-mails to Stern (maybe to [email protected] and/or to [email protected]). Maybe a simple e-mail to those addresses with a subject of "Home Leaderboards" and a simple and polite message saying "I own a Stern machine with Insider Connected and would like the leaderboard feature at home". That's all. Simple message.

If the message by parsonsaj is legit then there probably isn't a need to do this. I'm a skeptic by nature, and in this case I lean toward parsonsaj being legit (why would someone make something like that up about an issue like this). But I have no way of knowing for sure one way or the other. But it is the internet after all and there are people in the world (and on Pinside) who post false claims about stuff that's even less important than this issue.

It would be nice to hear from Stern that their definite intention is to bring leaderboards to home users. If George Gomez is willing to say it to parsonsaj privately and give permission for that statement to be posted here, then it shouldn't be a big deal for Stern to acknowledge this intention somehow, somewhere to give certainty to it.

All that said, either way I don't see any harm in still sending a brief, very polite e-mail to the two addresses above to reinforce the desire of home users to have leaderboards.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

All that said, either way I don't see any harm in still sending a brief, very polite e-mail to the two addresses above to reinforce the desire of home users to have leaderboards.

I just sent my e-mail

#75 1 year ago

The super awesome pinball show is just the George Gomez propaganda and ****-sucking show. I listened to it the other day and couldn't believe how much they fawn all over him the whole time.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

I just sent my e-mail

Sent it to his personal email. He already responded. “ We will. You’ll see them in ‘23. We have some privacy & security things we have to overcome in consumer environments.”

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

As someone who does a lot of community-facing customer service I really cannot emphasize enough how much more helpful a brief and polite email is vs almost anything else.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Medic:

Sent it to his personal email. He already responded. “ We will. You’ll see them in ‘23. We have some privacy & security things we have to overcome in consumer environments.”

Great!!!

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

There is nothing about the current state of Insider Connected that should make operators happy. I am sure he wants them to think they should be happy though.

This is so laughably wrong i don't even know where to start.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Are you an operator?

I would at least appreciate the operator perspective on the connected stuff. Unless it's already posted in a thread somewhere else.

I've never been one to care about virtual trophies. But I know a lot of people on the video game side are hooked on collecting them all, or going back to a game to 100% it because they're missing some. It's definitely a draw for some.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I agree this is wrong. My local operator setup the leaderboards and implemented more IC. Today there are a ton of people playing them for just that reason.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

We have noted no significant increase in coin drop yet from IC games.

The tech alerts are buggy and not accurate however when this is working it would be nice. The actual plays per day is the most interesting feature so far.

I wouldn’t call his opinion laughable. There is some potential with the system for sure in time.

#83 1 year ago

I can’t remember where I saw or read it so who knows where the info was from but…

Having leaderboards for both commercial and home is easy. Just do what goldentee does. Not hard.

What I remember the most from IC info early on was operators being able to identify players that were putting significant amount of time into their games and being able to offer promotions to their ‘player base’ that plays their machines. Whether that’s a discount, free games, tournies, etc, to drive additional business.

Also, although I’m not an operator, from a business perspective being able to see if games are turned on/off, number of plays (for money collection and maintenance), as well as instant notifications on repairs needed are all great features.

Once again the leaderboard thing is an easy fix. Golden tee is a great example. Not perfect but a great solution to model after

#84 1 year ago

I am an operator. I have connected all the games that came with IC, and one kit installed that someone gave me.
    I have not bought any kits, and have not put up a displayed leaderboard. I did run 1 leaderboard (online only) when it was first announced, just to check it out.
    My reason for not going “all-in” on IC is because I don’t want to spend time and money without knowing how much Stern is going to take or want for Pro games in the future. If it’s too much, I will take them all offline and continue as before.
    I am not begging Stern for Operator-only features such as the leaderboard.
    However, knowing they ARE Operator-only, I am actually more inclined to put up a screen and see if it gathers intrest.
    That is exactly what Stern wants, Ops like me that are on the fence to start to commit time and money to setting these things up, thus making it harder to abandon when they start charging.
    Stern knows how many games are online, how much money they make, how many players use/don’t use IC, what Ops are charging, etc…
    It is probably almost too much for them to actually digest all this brand new information IC has given them, and figure out how the squeeze the most from Ops in the future. (All while still developing IC)
    So they are slowly, methodically moving forward, keeping Leaderboards reserved for Ops.
    If they gave then to Homes now, they will never be able to use them as leverage to keep Ops using IC.
    There is TONS of MONEY they want to get from Ops, I don’t think they will change their plan because of a few home owner emails.
    But hearing ‘23 as a date makes me think they will be trying to charge Ops sometime next year, then give homes Leaderboards.
    Which sucks if you set up Leaderboards on location because they were exclusive.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I am an operator. I have connected all the games that came with IC, and one kit installed that someone gave me.
    I have not bought any kits, and have not put up a displayed leaderboard. I did run 1 leaderboard (online only) when it was first announced, just to check it out.
    My reason for not going “all-in” on IC is because I don’t want to spend time and money without knowing how much Stern is going to take or want for Pro games in the future. If it’s too much, I will take them all offline and continue as before.
    However, knowing they ARE Operator-only, I am actually more inclined to put up a screen and see if it gathers intrest.
    That is exactly what Stern wants, Ops like me that are on the fence to start to commit time and money to setting these things up, thus making it harder to abandon when they start charging.
    Stern knows how many games are online, how much money they make, how many players use/don’t use IC, what Ops are charging, etc…
    It is probably almost too much for them to actually digest all this brand new information IC has given them, and figure out how the squeeze the most from Ops in the future. (All while still developing IC)
    So they are slowly, methodically moving forward, keeping Leaderboards reserved for Ops.
    If they gave then to Homes now, they will never be able to use them as leverage to keep Ops using IC.
    There is TONS of MONEY they want to get from Ops, I don’t think they will change their plan because of a few home owner emails.
    But hearing ‘23 as a date makes me think they will be trying to charge Ops sometime next year, then give homes Leaderboards.

I know I’ve said a few times. Golden tee has separated out both home/commercial and it works just fine. Me having my own private gameroom leaderboard at home won’t effect your business at all. Commercial leaderboards should ALWAYS be separate. Harder to cheat and a cool ‘bar’ exclusive feature. I’ve gone out of my way 3 times in the last 3 years to play a specific pinball at a commercial location.

I’ve gone out of my way 20x more than that for golden tee to play an event at a bar because of the commercial leaderboard and prize pool. Even though I can still play the same event at my home.

They must keep them separate but they are missing out on big bucks on both sides. Although greed will always win, I’d like to think if they made more money through IC pinball prices could stay the same and not go higher because of additional revenue streams to them.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

As a small time op I can see one positive thing that I would support coming from this. Id be ok with a Stern revenue share thru IC if they gave a significant equipment discount up front like raw thrills does on buck hunter. That gives them much more incentive to drive business to the location and we both win. Locations can act virtually like showrooms for new pin buyers and they can just raise the price on home buyers to make up the difference.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I know I’ve said a few times. Golden tee has separated out both home/commercial and it works just fine. Me having my own private gameroom leaderboard at home won’t effect your business at all. Commercial leaderboards should ALWAYS be separate. Harder to cheat and a cool ‘bar’ exclusive feature. I’ve got out of my way 3 times in the last 3 years to play a specific pinball at a commercial location.
    I’ve got out of my way 20x more than that for golden tee to play an event at a bar because of the commercial leaderboard and prize pool. Even though I can still play the same event at my home.
    They must keep them separate but they are missing out on big bucks on both sides. Although greed will always win, I’d like to think if they made more money through IC pinball prices could stay the same and not go higher because of additional revenue streams to them.

But that's a problem with GT and the problem people are trying to avoid here: Commercial units have all sorts of features and options that home units don't. In GT's case, if they don't want people playing for cash prizes at home because of potential cheating that's understandable, but why don't they bring the modes (like closest to the pin) to home units for prizeless play? No reason at all other than they probably want to appease operators over home players.

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

But *that's* the problem with GT and the problem people are trying to avoid here: Commercial units have all sorts of features and options that home units don't. In GT's case, if they don't want people playing for cash prizes at home because of potential cheating that's understandable, but why don't they bring the modes (like closest to the pin) to home units for prizeless play? No reason at all other than they probably want to appease operators over home players.

I agree it’s stupid some of the features they don’t have for the home pins that they should have.

CTTP is def one of them they need to bring back to online home play. Even if it doesn’t count towards stats is just simply annoying to change my clubs/balls when we do play CTTP offline.

My point is that’s easy to separate the two, home/commercial, they will always do something to appease the operators. And to appease home players. I could rattle off all kinds of ‘solutions’ but one again, they just need to separate the two to start and see how it goes. If people don’t see any advantage to it then they won’t get it or use it. Sales will speak to its success ultimately. But in this day and age there’s and for the massive price increases and barrier to entry, there’s no reason they can’t start somewhere better than where they are. IC has been out for how long now? And really it hasn’t done anything.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

What I remember the most from IC info early on was operators being able to identify players that were putting significant amount of time into their games and being able to offer promotions to their ‘player base’ that plays their machines. Whether that’s a discount, free games, tournies, etc, to drive additional business.

Yep I remember hearing the plan for these types of features also, and as a player I thought it sounded like the coolest part of what IC could be. I think this would drive an increase in location play, including from owners of games at home. I have 5 games at home but I also like playing on location, and this type of stuff would probably draw me out more.

I know almost nothing about the economics of operating, but as a player I like the idea of what IC could be, for both at home and location playing. Maybe it would have been best if those types of location-only promotional features that seem planned for the future would have come out before leaderboards. With that type of stuff in place first, then maybe Stern wouldn't have felt the need to have leaderboards as location-only until they roll out other location-only features.

It's a bummer that they've split things up like this on the slow rollout of IC. It would be nice if we could all carry on enjoying playing & operating the game of pinball both on location and at home without questions like this crossing our minds.

1 week later
    #90 1 year ago

Having family over for the holidays and thought it would be cool to setup a scoreboard, I guess not. This is such a garbage move by Stern. IC is already wildly underwhelming and then basic stuff like that gets held back from home users. I have had several games come through where I never even bothered to set up the IC. I don't care about comparing scores to everyone in the world and being worried about cheating or anything like that, I just want to be able to have nights where I can have a bunch of people over and start with fresh scoreboards to do small tournaments. They have such a massive opportunity with IC and are doing nothing with it.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Having family over for the holidays and thought it would be cool to setup a scoreboard, I guess not. This is such a garbage move by Stern. IC is already wildly underwhelming and then basic stuff like that gets held back from home users. I have had several games come through where I never even bothered to set up the IC. I don't care about comparing scores to everyone in the world and being worried about cheating or anything like that, I just want to be able to have nights where I can have a bunch of people over and start with fresh scoreboards to do small tournaments. They have such a massive opportunity with IC and are doing nothing with it.

Just for what you said is why I would like a home board. Being able to run a board to make it fun would be a win for me and encouraging friends to explore on locations would be great. I have coded an iPad app where I manually enter scores and they show the dashboard on a TV has been my solution. I use a background that is close to the on location one but updating is manual, easy but manual.

If stern were to have a small charge for it I would jump but not like $99 a year.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I don't care about comparing scores to everyone in the world and being worried about cheating or anything like that, I just want to be able to have nights where I can have a bunch of people over and start with fresh scoreboards to do small tournaments.

I've never used it, but it sounds like Scorbit does what you want, no?

https://scorbit.io

#93 1 year ago

I had a chance to interview George Gomez a few days ago and we discussed Home Leaderboards. Here is a link.

Roughly 1 hour twenty minutes in.
    The short answer is the home environment leads to some permission and security issues they are trying to figure out. Hopefully sometime in 2023.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

I had a chance to interview George Gomez a few days ago and we discussed Home Leaderboards. Here is a link.
    Roughly 1 hour twenty minutes in.
    The short answer is the home environment leads to some permission and security issues they are trying to figure out. Hopefully sometime in 2023.

This left me asking on the security thing, if you play at my house and scan in you show up. Only issue would be if someone breaks in and scans and plays, yes they would show up. ?

1 month later
    #95 1 year ago

So I have a question, could Stern make it so that only the "home user" can see a home leaderboard, and not post to the main leaderboards over the world. I only want to see stuff at my home, only want to see my leaders, my achievements. If Stern doesn't want home users to have access to the main leader board stuff, fine, give us our own. Create some code that would allow you to run a leaderboard from a home PC. ( NO Security issues then ) I'd do that in a heartbeat. I looked at iscored, but dude wants $20 for something you manually have to do. At least with Stern and IC, its automatic. That way when/if I run a tournament at home I could have a leaderboard for a prize.

1 month later
    #96 1 year ago

Well we have been getting many updates to IC but no Leaderboards, pin to pin competitions or custom profiles. Hope it's coming soon!

1 month later
    #97 12 months ago

Ping! Putting it out there, anyone hearing anything?

#98 12 months ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Ping! Putting it out there, anyone hearing anything?

Nothing beyond George Gomez in an interview several months ago "clarifying" and saying they do intend to have leaderboards for home users. But unfortunately no mention of an estimated timeframe or anything else. The initial decision to rollout leaderboards only to locations was IMO based on faulty logic. Would be nice if they start implementing things for users other than achievements.

#99 12 months ago

I'd never make a leader board on location - far too many people better than me.

#100 12 months ago

I haven't seen a location that had a leaderboard setup, but I would love to at my house. Although it would most likely just have DAD over and over....man I wish more people played my pins lol

I bought IC thinking this was possible, I won't buy another until it is.

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-home-leaderboards-for-stern-insider-connected/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.