pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6483 (resized).JPG
IMG_6482 (resized).JPG
IMG_6499 (resized).JPG
IMG_6498 (resized).JPG
IMG_6484 (resized).JPG
IMG_6485 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Players 1, 3, 4 give an extra ball at set high scores values of 41,000 65,00 and 97,000. Player two gives none.

IMG_6485 (resized).JPGIMG_6485 (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago

I've checked for good connection by tugging all the tab wires on the player unit and player two score reels

IMG_6484 (resized).JPGIMG_6484 (resized).JPG
#3 1 year ago

The pick ups on player two 1,000 and 10,000 score reels seem to be in tight contact.

IMG_6498 (resized).JPGIMG_6498 (resized).JPGIMG_6499 (resized).JPGIMG_6499 (resized).JPG
#4 1 year ago

I do notice that the 1,000 and 10,000 score reels on players 1,3,4 have double wires attached to each lug.

IMG_6482 (resized).JPGIMG_6482 (resized).JPG
#5 1 year ago

But player two score reels (the ones that don't give an extra ball) have only one wire for each lug. That seems odd, but maybe that's the way it's supposed to be. It's the only thing that looks off to me, and I don't have another four player game to compare wiring with.

Any suggestions to get extra balls working on player two? Thanks.

My schematic reading and repair ability are fair to moderate.

IMG_6483 (resized).JPGIMG_6483 (resized).JPG

#6 1 year ago

Check score motor cam 3 switch B normally open switch, which is responsible for pulsing the 2nd player match circuit.
Clean and adjust switch if needed.

#7 1 year ago

Thank you pinballdaveh. That's the only thing that makes sense. I found the right stack, but have trouble seeing in there to find the exact switch and if it needs adjusting. I'll think on it for a while or wait for my son with his younger eyes. Thanks.

#8 1 year ago

Cleaned the switch, no change, did not adjust since I can't see it well.

Now I'm wondering, SCM cam 3 switch B "pulses 2nd player match", is that referring to the end of game match where 00-90 match lights come up on the back glass? Not the matching of high scores like 41,000, 65,000, 97,000 on the reels. I don't know, and I read your posts enough to know that you have a lot more experience and insight than I do.

Anyway, still not working. I rarely have a two player game going, so no crisis, but it'd be nice to get the game 100% everything working.

#9 1 year ago

Sorry my info was for 2nd player match at end of the game. High score credits go through the player up unit rivet disc and wiper fingers twice.
Clean disc and inspect wiper fingers and springs.

#11 1 year ago

Most of the time the contact plates and contacts on the score reels are dirty...
Disassemble the score reel, clean the plates and contacts, reassemble...

#12 1 year ago

Thank you HowardR and wizardblom. I'll try both of those methods and that should do it. I'd kinda figured on the score reel board or player unit studs but was wondering if there was anything else to look at.

HowardR, can I assume the game over relay switch, 1000 point relay switch, and tilt relay switch on your schematic post are good since players 1,3,4 work fine? Just checking my schematic logic which is shaky but getting better.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from hjh632:

HowardR, can I assume the game over relay switch, 1000 point relay switch, and tilt relay switch on your schematic post are good since players 1,3,4 work fine?

Yes, good job

#14 1 year ago

All set. Cleaned the contact points of the wipers on 1000 and 10000 score reels player two and now get extra ball at 41000 65000 and 97000.

Thank you HowardR and Wizardblom.

That was the final thing, game is 100% now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-high-score-extra-ball-stratoflite-player-two-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.