• 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Don_C
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Funhouse_-_Tron_Similarities_(resized).jpg
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Lighting problem solved with great help over the phone from Frank. It was a dead single LED board on the Castle Mini PF. Took a while to diagnose.

Ticket system does not work in my experience. Phone is the only way to go, but hey don't mention service by phone on the website, but when you actually call you can get to service.

Don C.

HI,

Problems with my WOZECLE. Lots of lights out, I cannot make a solid diagnosis.

I entered a ticket Friday before last, got the confirmation email. Emailed Lloyd directly twice but have heard nothing. No calls, no emails for 12 days.

Am i doing something wrong? I see postings talking about calling, but i do not see a phone number onthe JJP help page.

What's the secret to getting help from JJP?

Don C.

#2 7 years ago

Typically they are pretty quick. Will send ya a PM.

#3 7 years ago

Just call them. I had to call last week...... they are busy but he was very helpful.

#4 7 years ago

Number.....?

#5 7 years ago

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/contact/

732-364-9900

Frank Becker, ext 222.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

HI,
Problems with my WOZECLE. Lots of lights out, I cannot make a solid diagnosis.
I entered a ticket Friday before last, got the confirmation email. Emailed Lloyd directly twice but have heard nothing. No calls, no emails for 12 days.
Am i doing something wrong? I see postings talking about calling, but i do not see a phone number onthe JJP help page.
What's the secret to getting help from JJP?
Don C.

I had this same issue. It's actually not hard to diagnose if you use the chart in the manual that shows the "in" and "out" path for the light boards (page 138 in version 3.0 of the manual). Red/Green are in/out. Find the board where the lights stop working or are weird and use the chart to jump OVER that board (remove it from the chain), paying close attention to in and out colors (red to green or green to red - don't hook them up backwards - the chart shows what color goes on what connector on the boards) and see if the lights work (except for the board out of the loop). You may have to do this for more than one board. I had two boards out. Once you know which boards are bad (the ones removing from the chain returns the lighting to normal or mostly normal, make a trouble ticket. If you don't get activity on that after a few days (you've done this part already!), email [email protected] with a subject line like "Bad WoZ board(s) - need exchange" and explain that you have an open trouble ticket and nothing's happened and what board or boards you've diagnosed as being bad.

Added over 8 years ago: (Be sure to disable the boards you remove from the chain in the settings)

#8 7 years ago

I'm sure they will get your issue resolved quickly. People can complain about JJP's themes, prepays, and length of time to put out games, but I don't think anyone can complain about their software updates and support.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm sure they will get your issue resolved quickly. People can complain about JJP's themes, prepays, and length of time to put out games, but I don't think anyone can complain about their software updates and support.

I dunno. I was kind of in the same boat, with a trouble ticket open for weeks in their system with no movement, even after bumping it. Lloyd here finally got it moving. Once that happened, everything was resolved in about a week, it's just that their trouble ticket system doesn't seem to be working, or they don't have someone dedicated to handle the problems as the come in, so they sit in the system for a long time.

#10 7 years ago

I was on the phone with Frank for over 3.5 hours working on an issue that ended up not being a JJP problem. Frank was very patient and provided excellent service. I hope you get your pin fixed, but I'm sure they are just busy.

#11 7 years ago

I haven't had good luck with JJP's ticket system. But, I have had excellent service when I've called and actually talked to someone. I agree that Frank is great and will spend the time to help. Definitely call.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for everyone's comments. I followed the troubleshooting instructions carefully and jumped over boards, then the lights came back, but with errors (red for green, too bright, stuck blinking). Then they go out again but a little different location. I jump another board, lights come back (except where jumped) but more light weirdness. Then a couple weeks later, more darkness. jump another board, light come back, more weirdness, this keeps happening. So now that i have Frank's number and know that the ticket system does not really work, i will find some time to talk to frank.

Don C.

#13 7 years ago

I've found email support and opening tickets are something that JJP support/Frank does not tend to really. Now, if you call him directly and get him on the phone, he's more then willing to work with you. Don't expect him to follow up with you on his own though, he's busy as it is I am sure- so just stick to giving him a call and you should get everything sorted out eventually.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Thanks for everyone's comments. I followed the troubleshooting instructions carefully and jumped over boards, then the lights came back, but with errors (red for green, too bright, stuck blinking). Then they go out again but a little different location. I jump another board, lights come back (except where jumped) but more light weirdness. Then a couple weeks later, more darkness. jump another board, light come back, more weirdness, this keeps happening. So now that i have Frank's number and know that the ticket system does not really work, i will find some time to talk to frank.
Don C.

If all the lights are acting wonky try reseating the connector at the metal box. I don't remember if it connects externally to the metal box, but if so, open the box and reseat the connector going to the circuit board as well.

#15 7 years ago

reseated it once, can try again.
Don C.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

reseated it once, can try again.
Don C.

Sounds like you need to discuss replacing the boards that have issues with their redesigned "buffered" boards. I am willing to bet you have a mid-2013 build WOZ with 5v LED boards.

#17 7 years ago

Whatever it is, argue to get the new boards. I've known too many people who have fought with their LED boards over and over until they finally got replacements. Once you get the new stuff in there, you should be fine. WoZ is a fantastic game, but it definitely had some serious issues with the light boards in early runs. JJP has done well to make it right and offer fixes.

I know it's frustrating to have a machine down, but JJP eventually will make it good with you. I've yet to see anybody get left out in the cold.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Don C.

Sound like you have multiple bad boards. Keep bypassing until you get the lights left working reasonably well (and pay attention to the colors of the connectors when you bypass). I had two board fail at the same time and it was initially challenging to figure out until I realized I must have more than one bad and kept bypassing boards until I had it narrowed down to the two that were actually bad.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sound like you have multiple bad boards. Keep bypassing until you get the lights left working reasonably well (and pay attention to the colors of the connectors when you bypass). I had two board fail at the same time and it was initially challenging to figure out until I realized I must have more than one bad and kept bypassing boards until I had it narrowed down to the two that were actually bad.

Remember if you bypass you ALSO have to disable in software otherwise your boards will be off and it will look all strange.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Remember if you bypass you ALSO have to disable in software otherwise your boards will be off and it will look all strange.

Hahaha! Totally right - I was doing that from memory and forgot to mention that step! I'll edit the original post.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Emailed Lloyd directly twice but have heard nothing. No calls, no emails for 12 days.

I'm sorry but I never got them ? Please try [email protected] or [email protected] or PM me here.

Thank you,
Lloyd

#22 7 years ago

This was the reason i canceled my hobbit. And sold my woz. They dont even know how to work on their games so how am i ever going to figure it out. My lights were broke for 2 months after 3 hours on phone over a 2 month period they had me do all this stupid shit when all i needed was a $10 light board. Kind of a joke!. Fun game but not worth the worry. Ill just buy sterns if i want a new game.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

This was the reason i canceled my hobbit. And sold my woz. They dont even know how to work on their games so how am i ever going to figure it out. My lights were broke for 2 months after 3 hours on phone over a 2 month period they had me do all this stupid shit when all i needed was a $10 light board. Kind of a joke!. Fun game but not worth the worry. Ill just buy sterns if i want a new game.

It's extremely difficult to figure out what might be wrong with someone's game over the phone. You have to run tests and get to the real problem before parts can be sent out. I'm sorry if that feels like "stupid shit" to you, but pinball companies are not run by psychics and one symptom can be caused by multiple problems. The fact that the part is $10 is irrelevant. I suppose you spent most the phone calls ranting that you paid so much for your game also.

#24 7 years ago

And here we are on my problem.
i can write in english but not talk on the phone due I hear very bad and understand written english better than understanding.
i am trying for some month now to get a monkey sense board. It costs 8 dollar. Shipping is about 50 dollar to Germany. And here my problems start.
i asked to pack the little pcb in an envelope and send it with USPS for 5 bucks to me or lay it in my comig TH, but this seems to myka real trouble at JJP. I wrote with Sal, than no more answers, I wrote with Jen ...
In a next step I will ask the seller in NL for help.

Its to bad that the machines are sold to Europe but here is no service station, support or anything else.

But I am looking forward ...

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's extremely difficult to figure out what might be wrong with someone's game over the phone. You have to run tests and get to the real problem before parts can be sent out. I'm sorry if that feels like "stupid shit" to you, but pinball companies are not run by psychics and one symptom can be caused by multiple problems. The fact that the part is $10 is irrelevant. I suppose you spent most the phone calls ranting that you paid so much for your game also.

I completely agree with what your saying markmon. I have owned two woz's and never had one issue but they were builds after the board revisions. To be fair, jjp completely mismanaged the light boards. They knew the build dates affected and should have just replaced them in one shot. Instead, they waited for failures and dolled them out after the fact. Poorly handled imo.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I wrote with Jen ...

Try Frank. [email protected]

LTG : )

#27 7 years ago

Thx again, I tried it .

#28 7 years ago

Sorry to hear.

I'm sure they are very busy.

#29 7 years ago

MARMORON. I have fixed over 1000 games. I currently own 100 games. I have bought nearly every new game produced. Therefore you dont know me. JJp knew exactly what the problem was. It was the same problem everyone else had with the serial light boards. They were just to cheap and they have this God Like mentality. Why not just tell me the boards were bad. Admit they had a problem and not waste my time looking at stuipid shit . They didn't and haven't admitted the problem because they dont want to replace all the boards in the games they already sold. They are cheap and interested in no one but themselves and their ego. JJP IMO is the reason Stern was able to justify raising pricing and making 3 kinds of games pro, le, and premiums. So instead of sticking up for JJP why not try and help this guy who posted a problem instead of stroking yours and JJP ego. Again its a light board issue and I Would demand replacements for their mess up.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

MARMORON. I have fixed over 1000 games. I currently own 100 games. I have bought nearly every new game produced. Therefore you dont know me. JJp knew exactly what the problem was. It was the same problem everyone else had with the serial light boards. They were just to cheap and they have this God Like mentality. Why not just tell me the boards were bad. Admit they had a problem and not waste my time looking at stuipid shit . They didn't and haven't admitted the problem because they dont want to replace all the boards in the games they already sold. They are cheap and interested in no one but themselves and their ego. JJP IMO is the reason Stern was able to justify raising pricing and making 3 kinds of games pro, le, and premiums. So instead of sticking up for JJP why not try and help this guy who posted a problem instead of stroking yours and JJP ego. Again its a light board issue and I Would demand replacements for their mess up.

1000 games and not a clue in the world? They admitted that there were pockets of problems with the 5v light boards. Not everyone had/has problems. I have a 5v game and never had a single board failure. The problem has to do with environment and static. Why would any company in their right mind swap out parts in games that are completely uneffected. I've spoken with everyone at JJP at one point or another including jack and I can tell you they don't have anywhere near a "God complex". In fact Ken is incredibly helpful with anything needed. For those that did have the 5v problems, a few 7v boards in the chain predominantly fixed those issues.

You obviously have an axe to grind for some reason so I am highly suspicious of your motives. Also from this post and your clear attitude problems here and on other places I can see why cp failed where other pinball arcades succeed.

#31 7 years ago

Wow clever. And mature! I can't understand why you didn't get better service.

Quoted from AtomicChuck:

I have fixed over 1000 games. I currently own 100 games.

Congratulations? This doesn't seem relevant at all to the discussion. Who has the ego problem?

Quoted from AtomicChuck:

JJp knew exactly what the problem was. It was the same problem everyone else had with the serial light boards.

Removed all the clutter and ranting from your quote here since this is the only relevant thing you've said. (Again your attitude likely contributes to your poor service).

Even if it's a known problem like a light board, it still requires doing some tests to figure out which boards are dead and perhaps figure out which boards are causing boards down chain to die. I'd expect a guy that's fixed over 1000 games to know this but apparently not. Calling the tests "all this stupid shit" shows your lack of understanding. I also had light board problems with woz and with the data I provided, I was able to get replacements sent right away. I didn't expect them to be psychics though and assume every test was just to stroke their God-like ego.

#32 7 years ago

I just purchased a used woz ECLE with about 300 plays on it (for a great price of under $7k.) The machine worked great for a few weeks and then lost LEDs on the right side. I didn't know about the LED board problems, but i started bypassing boards and quickly found that one of the single RGB boards was bad (#19).

I called JJP and spoke to lloyd. I told him what I found and he spent a ton of time explaining the me some of the board issues and how new boards can alleviate the problem. It was one of the best tech service experiences I've ever had.

I explained that I was the 2nd owner and the machine was 3 years old, so I didn't expect them to warranty this. The $25 or so for the board cost is nothing compared to the value of support I received from Lloyd. Could I have made a stink about it since this was a known issue? Probably. But for the fair price, age of machine, and the quality and quickness of the service I received, I was more than happy to cover the cost of it.

Since I got this machine a few weeks ago, some of my other cool machines like BBB, SS, Wh20 have sat idle!

Anyway...kudos to JJP for being so responsive with me. If you do have a problem, I'd give them a call. This was my first time dealing with them, and they were awesome.

tony c

#33 7 years ago

forgot to add...that I didn't originally tell the software that I took out the board, so everything was off by 1 spot. Once I told the system that I removed a board, everything worked great except that one jumped single board.

#34 7 years ago

No light probelems here, but avoided an early game because I did not want that hassle. When I did have a minor issue with something else I didn't even think to email, called and found their support team very responsive over the phone. Once initiated we did keep in touch via email through the remainder of the process.

I do feel bad for those in Europe who's English skills may not be the best as was mentioned. Its hard enough to diagnose issues properly remotely (having many moons ago worked a service desk) with someone who speaks the same language, I can't imagine the skill level needed to do it without speaking the same language.

I do not feel bad for those who call any service desk with attitude. Their only access to your machine is through the person calling. You are their eyes and ears, they are trying to fix a pinball machine blind, have a little patience.

That being said, I don't know if there would be a whole lot that could be done to better help given a language barrier such as the European support delemia. I'm curious, does any US pinball manufacture offer dedicated european support? If so I would be shocked as these are not mass market items and support for them is very specialized / difficult to outsource. Probably the best they could do for this type of situation is really beef up their back end support to local European distributors willing to offer proxy support... At least that is about the best I can think of.

#35 7 years ago

From reading this thread it sounds like if you just fill out a ticket your just in limbo waiting for the day JJP will respond to it. But if your on pinside and read a lot of threads your in luck b/c you'll have Frank and Lloyds emails and phone numbers and you'll get a response right away.

Maybe they should put a big disclaimer at the bottom of the ticket that says we have no idea when we will get to this ticket so you would be better off emailing [email protected] or [email protected].

It's not good customer service if JJP doesn't respond to these tickets.

#36 7 years ago

The ticket system has not worked well for years and has been reported as such numerous times. It's nothing new. I can understand why though. I have been next to Franks pc. He gets hundreds of emails a day for all sorts of issues, not just ticket related items. Plus he is on the phone constantly helping everyone who calls. There is simply not enough hours for him or anyone else to properly support the ticket situation. That's not a knock on JJP...it just is what it is. Small companies can't afford to hire multiple support people, and then of course not pass along the costs. As it is, JJP offers as good if not better customer service than most companies.

#37 7 years ago

I got the number from their website, its not secret nor even remotely difficult to find lol. But yeah, it sounds like from this thread they may have an issue with tickets opened through their online portal. Having never tried it myself I can't speak to that other than I have never managed to have much luck with any support that doesn't start with speaking to a human. If they are not going to monitor it as vigerously as they do other support channels they should just take it down as you're right it is not good service to maintain an inneffctive communication channel.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I just purchased a used woz ECLE with about 300 plays on it (for a great price of under $7k.) The machine worked great for a few weeks and then lost LEDs on the right side. I didn't know about the LED board problems, but i started bypassing boards and quickly found that one of the single RGB boards was bad (#19).
I called JJP and spoke to lloyd. I told him what I found and he spent a ton of time explaining the me some of the board issues and how new boards can alleviate the problem. It was one of the best tech service experiences I've ever had.
I explained that I was the 2nd owner and the machine was 3 years old, so I didn't expect them to warranty this. The $25 or so for the board cost is nothing compared to the value of support I received from Lloyd. Could I have made a stink about it since this was a known issue? Probably. But for the fair price, age of machine, and the quality and quickness of the service I received, I was more than happy to cover the cost of it.
Since I got this machine a few weeks ago, some of my other cool machines like BBB, SS, Wh20 have sat idle!
Anyway...kudos to JJP for being so responsive with me. If you do have a problem, I'd give them a call. This was my first time dealing with them, and they were awesome.
tony c

Time to sale the BBB then..How much?

#39 7 years ago

Working with Frank now, Thanks everybody for your comments. The adventure continues!

Don C.

#40 7 years ago

If they are too busy to answer open tickets in order received it punishes the patient and mild owner and rewards the obnoxious "me first" types that complain here and elsewhere. Creates more obnoxious types but justifiable ones.

#41 7 years ago

I think with any service desk situation no matter how hard you try to do things in perfect FIFO, inevitably its always the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

Me personally (in general) I like to try to address things on my own first. If its outside of my experience I will post to see if someone else has a solution I can take on myself. If I'm at s dead end then I'm calling support. If its outside of hours, while I have heard of their support actually working with people during crazy times I'm perfectly happy to wait and call during business hours.

The main thing for me is that I always want to call and speak with someone, whether its JJP or my cable company.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

tony c

That is an issue for me and I am sure others as well. JJP said "We support every JJP game sold by whoever or however it was sold."

That was after people raised a stink about the warranties not transferring or being valid if the game was purchased from an unauthorized distributor. Even though you bought the game 2nd hand, the warranty should carry over like he stated. It's not like you said the game had some kinda crazy issue that never happened before. You are claiming to have a well known problem that affect a lot of peopel with that game. Just because the prior owner dodged a bullet, doesn't mean the 2nd owner should have to deal with it. This is the reason why the light boards were not replaced on all the games even when they knew the problem. It would of cost them money to replace every single light board whether it was bad or not. Instead, they ship them out with the defective light boards, knowing that some of the buyers will just deal with the problem and never try and repair it, others will end up putting a ticket in and after having no response for so long will forget about it and another portion will end up selling their game to a 2nd party and once that happens they now have the excuse not to support the problem any more. That is not right in my opinion. That is like an car dealer turning away or charging for a recall just because the car isn't owned by the original owner. Yes I know light boards going out is not a safety hazard or anything but it's just a matter of standing behind what you build. For the record I do see lot's of good support from JJP compared to the bad support, but the fact is, typically when you hear bad about JJP suport, it is the lack of follow up on tickets and trying to charge the customer for something they should not be charged for.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

That is an issue for me and I am sure others as well. JJP said "We support every JJP game sold by whoever or however it was sold."
That was after people raised a stink about the warranties not transferring or being valid if the game was purchased from an unauthorized distributor. Even though you bought the game 2nd hand, the warranty should carry over like he stated. It's not like you said the game had some kinda crazy issue that never happened before. You are claiming to have a well known problem that affect a lot of peopel with that game. Just because the prior owner dodged a bullet, doesn't mean the 2nd owner should have to deal with it. This is the reason why the light boards were not replaced on all the games even when they knew the problem. It would of cost them money to replace every single light board whether it was bad or not. Instead, they ship them out with the defective light boards, knowing that some of the buyers will just deal with the problem and never try and repair it, others will end up putting a ticket in and after having no response for so long will forget about it and another portion will end up selling their game to a 2nd party and once that happens they now have the excuse not to support the problem any more. That is not right in my opinion. That is like an car dealer turning away or charging for a recall just because the car isn't owned by the original owner. Yes I know light boards going out is not a safety hazard or anything but it's just a matter of standing behind what you build. For the record I do see lot's of good support from JJP compared to the bad support, but the fact is, typically when you hear bad about JJP suport, it is the lack of follow up on tickets and trying to charge the customer for something they should not be charged for.

Do you own any JJP games?

#45 7 years ago

Did you quote yourself by accident? I see you added that Xbox 360 info in there. I would take that back out personally, it's not a fair comparison.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Do you own any JJP games?

Not likely. His posting history reads like sour grapes.

#47 7 years ago

Reading the post again, nothing in it sounds like personal experience so I would say, no, he has never owned a JJP game. Seems like a regurgitation of random negative perceptions.

#48 7 years ago

Frank sent me unreleased code for my TH yesterday, just to resolve an issue I was having. Seriously, would Stern do that? I get more machine for the buck, better customer service, etc for JJP. Anyone bashing this company is simply a Stern fan boy. Real pinball hobbyists would support a start up like JJP and want them to succeed instead of trying to throw them under the bus for every stupid thing. The stronger their company becomes, the better it is for us people into the hobby. Keep up the great work JJP

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Frank sent me unreleased code for my TH yesterday, just to resolve an issue I was having

Let us know if it fixed reset issues.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Let us know if it fixed reset issues.

So far so good !! Lots of extra call outs like "Shoot the right ramp" "Hit the spider" "Shoot the bumpers" etc

Also, says "Multiball!!" When starting Smaug and Beast Frenzy

Some modes contain more music, sounds, and light show

Windlance has some more options when attempting to hit Man targets, lit differently, still figuring it out

Smaug MB has something more going on about it, but just not sure- more sounds and seems like more stuff going on that had 5 ball MB lasting longer

Overall, this 1.20 code update is awesome !! love the code support from JJP

*please don't PM me for link as I don't think Frank/JJP would like me giving it out, I suggest reaching out to them directly*

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-help-yet-from-jjp?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.