(Topic ID: 76392)

"No Hell" AC/DC Premium (Macro Included)

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC-DC Pro , Hemi Edition 016.JPG
translite.jpg
image-882.jpg
AC-DC alt- Trans 003.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 005.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 002.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 004.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 001.JPG
image.jpg
th-1-505.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I've been enjoying the heck out of this pin for the last couple of weeks but desired to make it less Hell oriented and more family friendly. So, using the Pinball Browser Program and Audacity I've removed all the "Hell" songs and messages on the DMD with those song titles. Here is the main link you will need to learn how to use the Pinball Browser and Audacity programs: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Songs I switched were:

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be = Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Hell's Bells = Shoot to Thrill
Highway to Hell = Money Talks
"Welcome to Hell" callout to "AHAHAHAHA" (sound I exported and then re-imported)

Are there any alternative translights other than the Pro or any way to get a BIBLE backglass?

I also need to get a new Jukebox song list made to match the song selections.

Here is the Macro: (obviously, you would need to change the file locations for the .wav files which you make using Audacity)

-- Pinball-Browser Macro for AC/DC v1.65
CheckVersion,"AC/DC",0x165
SoundScript,0x17E,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\25-07 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (O.wav"
Message,0,0x5A8,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEEP"
Message,0,0x5A9,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE"
Message,0,0x5AA,"DIRT CHEEP"
Message,0,0x5B3,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5B4,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5B6,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5B8,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5C1,"MONEY TALKS"
SoundScript,0x182,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files2 Shoot to Thrill.wav"
SoundScript,0x186,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files3 Moneytalks.wav"
SoundScript,0x25F,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\AHAHAHAHA.wav"
SoundScript,0x260,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\AHAHAHAHA.wav"
SoundScript,0x261,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\AHAHAHAHA.wav"

ReplaceString,0xC4B9C,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC4BC4,"SHOOT 2 THRILL CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC4BDC,"MONEY TALKS CHAMPION"

ReplaceString,0xC49E8,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP"
ReplaceString,0xC4A08,"SHOOTTHRILL"
ReplaceString,0xC4A14,"MONEY TALKS"
ReplaceString,0xC5520,"MONEY TALKS"
ReplaceString,0xC5558,"SHOOTTHRILL"
ReplaceString,0xC5588,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP"
ReplaceString,0xD0A38,"SHOOTTHRILL"
ReplaceString,0xD209C,"MUSIC: DIRTY DEEDS"
ReplaceString,0xD20B4,"MUSIC: SHOOT/THRILL"
ReplaceString,0xD20C8,"MUSIC: MONEY TALKS"

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from gameroomguru:

You made that sound easy?!

It actually wasn't too hard. I read some threads and downloaded the programs. A few well placed and helpful PM's and I was up and running.

I'm set on Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds. I'm going to put more games on it before I decide on Money Talks for sure. Once I do, I'll get the new Jukebox plastic made.

#16 10 years ago

I figured I'd get ribbed for this thread.

Hey, to each his own, right?

I know there is basically nothing family-friendly about AC/DC lyrics. I play 99% of the games put on any of my pins but my kids hear 'Hell" in the song while they're off doing something else and it makes them uneasy. Simple as that. I figured I'd give the change in songs a try and see how it goes.

As far as why to get it? Gameplay and let's face it, this pin is really fun. If I were to unload it, the only reason I would do so is 'cuz of my family.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but lets face it, you bought a AC / DC pinball machine.
The lyrics etc are not exactly Barney.
I get the fact you want family friendly, but maybe you should have thought through the pinball titles before this purchase. Maybe a Star Trek or Wizard of Oz would have been more family friendly.

Got them both. Great games.

I gave this issue a lot of thought before getting the pin. It is possible I simply compromised too much and let desire for a great, fun pin win over. It is certainly possible that these changes I've made are not going to be enough to make the pin more acceptable in my lineup. If that becomes the case, I'll simply sell or trade it out. As this pin is in outstanding shape with a lot of upgrades, I don't think I'll have any trouble doing either if I choose to do so.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Very cool to change things around. My concern would be for the kids that shutter at the mention of a word like hell.
I would think in todays age we need a little thicker skin than that. IMHO.
Thank you for sharing the details of how you did this.

'Tis funny in a way. They can snipe people on COD (chat turned off, btw...for those of you who will ream me for a double-standard) and not think twice about it. They are very sensitive to 'bad' words. I'm thankful that they have tender consciences about some things still. There will be a time and will soon be here that they become teenagers and 'bad words' will be the least of my worries.

#20 10 years ago

I've received a few PM's about how to do this so I edited the original post with the main link on how to do this stuff.

The macro will help change all the DMD messages but you will need to use Audacity to adjust your own personal music files and then import to the song request locations you see on the macro...those macro entries will need to be deleted to make room for your own song imports.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I love what you did! My kids are 4 and 6, and we are Christian, so at least right now, I'd rather not have so much "HELL" reference. There will be a time when it won't matter at all. But if I could edit that out for at least a few more years, I'm all for it. Thanks for sharing!

That is my basic situation as well. It may be that I'll simply replace the pin. As a family we do not isolate our children from the world. For example, we love to watch many movies and sometimes will need to stop a movie because of offensive language but sometimes will use movies as a method to help teach our children about morality and such.

Like I mentioned earlier, I very much expected some of the ribbing and comments on a topic like that and certainly do not want to turn this into a religious discussion which will deteriorate very rapidly. My goal was simply to share an interesting modification to a very fun pin.

Obviously, using the above-mentioned programs one can make an entire host of changes to a pin for whatever purposes or personal preferences they enjoy.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Am I the only one that finds it funny that he replaced the songs with the the word "Hell" in it with more family appropriate songs that deal with contract killing (Dirty Deeds), sex and drugs (Shoot to thrill) and greed and prostitution (Money talks). Gotta love ACDC

Yep, slim pickin's to be sure. Part of the difference is that they don't really understand what those songs are about. Regardless, I completely understand the confusion and the comments.

That said, if your child (not just you, Treveism but more to everyone else posting) was bothered by something, would you not help them through that with discussion (which I've done) and then take action? If these changes prove unacceptable to MY family, then I'll simply trade the pin out for something else. YOUR family may look at things differently and that's okay!

I really don't see why this is bothering people so much. I modded a pin for my own personal preferences and felt like sharing it.

Anyhoo....hope y'all have a great day.

Darin

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Darin,
I hope my post above did not come across as an attack or anything although I did throw in my opinion of the word Hell. I thought my suggestion of the headphone jack was great idea. I also thought you would enjoy my anecdotal story of my daughter and our experience through this machine. We all buy machines to enjoy them and if that helps you enjoy yours more then do it. My brother and I had someone who was scared to use the editor program ask us if we would plug in all Gratefull Dead songs for them. Now I can't fathom listening to the Dead and playing that machine but I guess it floats his boat lol.

Not at all. It takes quite a bit more to offend me and I did like the story.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm one of them, thanks to you and your brother! Also, got the plastics from you guys.
Glad you are having fun with Ac/dc Darin, I'd like to have a few different song set files to change up every now and then to break the monotony.
If I put a non Ac/dc set of tracks together it would include these….
Hit me with your Best Shot Benatar
Hell is for Children (maybe) Benatar
Don't Look Back Boston
Let the Good Times Roll Cars
Satisfaction Rolling Stones
Stairway to Heaven Zeppelin
Born to Run Springsteen
Thunder Road Springsteen
Don't Do me like that Tom Petty
Sweet Home Alabama Skynyrd
Don't Stop Believing Journey
We Will Rock You Queen

Thanks. I've seriously thought about adding a Barney song just for kicks as an earlier post mentioned him. If I ever decide to take the time I'll make a video and post it.

I did put Ozzy "Crazy Train" in for Rock n Roll Train and liked it but went back to the original.

And, yes, this program makes the options endless!

#62 10 years ago

Yes. Just paste it into the Macro tab and 'run'.

You would still need to do your own songs as the links for the songs are obviously from my computer.

#64 10 years ago

"Call me Maybe" will be on the next go-'round!

Not sure about Beiber...I think that is worse than the hell references and songs.

#82 10 years ago

That's okay. It is more about what is honorable than just a taboo. Y'all I hope can respect that. IMO, as a country we have lost a lot of respect on a lot of different arenas. I'm raising my children to be leaders and self-thinkers not swayed by the opinions of many because it may seem 'right'.

I'm certainly not interested in getting into a deep discussion on my political and religious beliefs on a forum. If anyone would like to discuss more at length my decisions, please contact me via PM and we can talk on the phone.

Darin

#92 10 years ago

Yes. The macro is made. You do need to adjust the song using Audacity first to make the .wav file first but after that you simply import.

2 weeks later
#100 10 years ago

Yeah, that translight is pretty amazing. You do great work. Think I'll pass on it for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-hell-acdc-premium-macro-included?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.