New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 76392)

"No Hell" AC/DC Premium (Macro Included)

By VolunteerPin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AC-DC Pro , Hemi Edition 016.JPG
translite.jpg
image-882.jpg
AC-DC alt- Trans 003.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 005.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 002.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 004.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 001.JPG
image.jpg
th-1-505.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

I like the songs you picked

#52 6 years ago

Most AC/DC buyers feel an strong attraction to a hell theme. They like it. It feels right to them. If not, they would not purchase the machine.

#53 6 years ago

I'm gonna get ACDC eventually

There is one song I will edit, Highway to Hell. I plan on taking a drum, cannon or guitar riff sound effect from the game to lay over the controversial word "TICKET". Plus I may swap a song out for Stiff Upper Lip

Hey OP you could keep the same songs but put a guitar sound over the word hell or etc perhaps?

#54 6 years ago

VolunteerPin knew he would catch hell (pun intended) for his beliefs, but chose to share the mod with everyone anyway.

I cuss in front of my kids, but I still support the guy in his choice. Don't bust his nuts about it.

#55 6 years ago

Didn't the Pope himself say that Hell was a literary device and not an actual place a few days ago?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

My brother and I have done this as well but didnt take out the Hell songs. We replaced War Machine with Girls Got Rythym, He'll Ain't a Bad Place to Be with Dirty Deeds and Let Their Be Rock with Shoot to Thrill. The code editor that OGA83 came up with is excellent. We even have multiple people using our song set that didn't want to try editing themselves. We also came up with custom juke box plastics for those that changed their songs.

I'm one of them, thanks to you and your brother! Also, got the plastics from you guys.

Glad you are having fun with Ac/dc Darin, I'd like to have a few different song set files to change up every now and then to break the monotony.

If I put a non Ac/dc set of tracks together it would include these….

Hit me with your Best Shot Benatar
Hell is for Children (maybe) Benatar
Don't Look Back Boston
Let the Good Times Roll Cars
Satisfaction Rolling Stones
Stairway to Heaven Zeppelin
Born to Run Springsteen
Thunder Road Springsteen
Don't Do me like that Tom Petty
Sweet Home Alabama Skynyrd
Don't Stop Believing Journey
We Will Rock You Queen

#57 6 years ago

What's a macro?

#58 6 years ago

It is a set of steps. A program.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm one of them, thanks to you and your brother! Also, got the plastics from you guys.
Glad you are having fun with Ac/dc Darin, I'd like to have a few different song set files to change up every now and then to break the monotony.
If I put a non Ac/dc set of tracks together it would include these….
Hit me with your Best Shot Benatar
Hell is for Children (maybe) Benatar
Don't Look Back Boston
Let the Good Times Roll Cars
Satisfaction Rolling Stones
Stairway to Heaven Zeppelin
Born to Run Springsteen
Thunder Road Springsteen
Don't Do me like that Tom Petty
Sweet Home Alabama Skynyrd
Don't Stop Believing Journey
We Will Rock You Queen

Thanks. I've seriously thought about adding a Barney song just for kicks as an earlier post mentioned him. If I ever decide to take the time I'll make a video and post it.

I did put Ozzy "Crazy Train" in for Rock n Roll Train and liked it but went back to the original.

And, yes, this program makes the options endless!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so when the game tries to use the mini playfield, does it just launch the ball into the lower cabinet?

This is pretty funny

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My goal was simply to share an interesting modification to a very fun pin.

Yea. I had the same exact problem in my "the pin that used to be acdc" thread. One guy even had the idiocy to tell me that the modifications that could all be undone in 15 minutes lowered the value of my machine by $2000. Someone else said I should buy a Metallica instead (not realizing I have one already). This is the sort of thing you get for doing something different lol.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It is a set of steps. A program.

Ah, so that could be cut and paste into the browser to duplicate what he did?

#62 6 years ago

Yes. Just paste it into the Macro tab and 'run'.

You would still need to do your own songs as the links for the songs are obviously from my computer.

#63 6 years ago

Good work, now just throw a Bieber translite up and you're almost done. Don't forget to set it to 5 ball!

#64 6 years ago

"Call me Maybe" will be on the next go-'round!

Not sure about Beiber...I think that is worse than the hell references and songs.

#65 6 years ago

I play 99% of the games put on any of my pins but my kids hear 'Hell" in the song while they're off doing something else and it makes them uneasy.

image.jpg

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Didn't the Pope himself say that Hell was a literary device and not an actual place a few days ago?

You gotta send me your sources for some of these facts, too funny

#67 6 years ago

WHYYYYY!! That's like someone buying the Mona Lisa & repainted some of it. You might as well grind the horns off the train while your in there

#68 6 years ago

lol not even close, more like buying a reproduction of the mona lisa and repainting parts of it

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

lol not even close, more like buying a reproduction of the mona lisa and repainting parts of it

More like drawing a mustache on a Mona Lisa postcard. No big deal. Simple software load reverses it all, he didn't ruin anything.

#70 6 years ago

Let it go. You guys don't bash anyone else that replaced songs on their ACDC machines. I am about to buy another, and replace Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be with something else, because I think the song kinda sucks and I much prefer and think that Who Made Who and Shoot to Thrill are superior. Do I hear any objections?

#71 6 years ago

Hell, if I had one, every Brian Johnson track would be replaced by a Bon Scott one. To each his own! But I'm sure I would pick up some flack if I advertised that here.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#73 6 years ago

I figured I'd get ribbed for this thread.
Hey, to each his own, right?
I know there is basically nothing family-friendly about AC/DC lyrics. I play 99% of the games put on any of my pins but my kids hear 'Hell" in the song while they're off doing something else and it makes them uneasy. Simple as that. I figured I'd give the change in songs a try and see how it goes.
As far as why to get it? Gameplay and let's face it, this pin is really fun. If I were to unload it, the only reason I would do so is 'cuz of my family.

If you wanted, you could retheme the whole machine to a Stryper Pin and introduce some rocking Christian tunes!!

rd

image-882.jpg

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My fav- is the B-in-B

She might be in black, but not much of it.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Let it go. You guys don't bash anyone else that replaced songs on their ACDC machines. I am about to buy another, and replace Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be with something else, because I think the song kinda sucks and I much prefer and think that Who Made Who and Shoot to Thrill are superior. Do I hear any objections?

Yes, I object. But that's just me on this game. Do what you will with yours.

#76 6 years ago

the chic with the guitar is the best looking out of the bunch. Hells maraca's doesn't look bad either. Not a fan of fake boobs tho.

#77 6 years ago

all my friends are gonna be there too

#78 6 years ago

Here is the Macro: (obviously, you would need to change the file locations for the .wav files which you make using Audacity)

In fact, this is not compulsory : Pinball Browser will ask for the new location when the file is not found

#79 6 years ago

'Tis funny in a way. They can snipe people on COD (chat turned off, btw...for those of you who will ream me for a double-standard) and not think twice about it...
...I'm thankful that they have tender consciences about some things still.

If the word hell bugs you on your acdc then by all means change it so it isn't yelling it at you all the time. But you should let your kids finish watching if they started a movie, don't take it off for language... Maybe that example, of stopping a movie for bad words and not for violence, partially contributes towards your kids' squeamishness. If the bad words are put on a high enough pedestal and made out to be a big deal, it will give them novelty and your kids will just use them more later... They're always going to hear the words out in the world, and in their mind. You should be honest, tell them the bad words have their place and time, and that place and time isn't when you're a kid... Naughty words shouldn't be treated like they're worse than violence... IMO of course...

Hell I remember when I was a kid in elementary school I met my current best friend because we both liked "South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut". Just imagine a little kid watching that movie! Not only constant bad words, basically as much as they could say, there's also a little boy who actually dies and goes to hell.

(Edit, eriks right, I don't know your situation and you didn't ask for my advice... my bad.)

#80 6 years ago

^^^^ Yep, keeping things taboo only encourages their curiosity and they will use those things whenever they inevitably go through their rebellious stage. Better to not hide the real world, rather spend some time explaining these things to them in your words, not their misguided friends.

#81 6 years ago

You guys need to drop the unsolicited parenting advice

#82 6 years ago

That's okay. It is more about what is honorable than just a taboo. Y'all I hope can respect that. IMO, as a country we have lost a lot of respect on a lot of different arenas. I'm raising my children to be leaders and self-thinkers not swayed by the opinions of many because it may seem 'right'.

I'm certainly not interested in getting into a deep discussion on my political and religious beliefs on a forum. If anyone would like to discuss more at length my decisions, please contact me via PM and we can talk on the phone.

Darin

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You guys need to drop the unsolicited parenting advice

Exactly.

Unless your kids are homeschooled, they are going to hear every cuss word in the world before they are 8 years old from their friends.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
Unless your kids are homeschooled, they are going to hear every cuss word in the world before they are 8 years old from their friends.

hell mine hears it from me and always has. No sense in hiding it from them. Its not like they don't exist. But if they go through life not hearing it. When they finally do, it will be interesting for them and they will want to use it. mines so used to it by 5, its' uninteresting to her, and she knows it's mostly language saved for driving in Illinois.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and she knows it's mostly language saved for driving in Illinois.

lol

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Most AC/DC buyers feel an strong attraction to a hell theme. They like it. It feels right to them. If not, they would not purchase the machine.

Respectfully…from my standpoint you could not be more wrong.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Well if Tits is more your thing, they have a model version now for you as well.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well if Tits is more your thing, they have a model version now for you as well.

No sir. Tits(although I enjoy) is not more my thing, It is the gameplay of ACDC is the sole reason that I bought the machine. Change the tunes to KISS, Def Lep, or any other band of the era and i it would still be (IMO) a great machine. (Again…do like this tits). Best wishes, Charlie

#89 6 years ago

Def Leppard would have been kick as as well. For me the layout is pretty boring. But it's the unique rules for each song that makes it stand out to me and reason it's so awesome. Lymans work is what makes it stand out. Playfield, is ok, but it's typical cookie cutter and I have 2 other stern with almost identical layouts. Sickening really. Same with LOTR, if it wasn't for the rules I wouldn't own it.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

It is the gameplay of ACDC is the sole reason that I bought the machine.

...you are simply ignoring or accepting the obvious hell theme.

Quoted from Propaganda:

Quoted from FLpinball:

#91 6 years ago

Dumb macro question. From the video if you just import the song using PB doesn't it create the macro into the BIN file? Looks fairly easy

#92 6 years ago

Yes. The macro is made. You do need to adjust the song using Audacity first to make the .wav file first but after that you simply import.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Playfield, is ok, but it's typical cookie cutter and I have 2 other stern with almost identical layouts.

I bet some enterprising soul could figure out how to graft the rules to AC/DC onto a T2 for that matter. Just need to solve the jukebox really.

#94 6 years ago

Yes. The macro is made. You do need to adjust the song using Audacity first to make the .wav file first but after that you simply import.

Got it, saw the steps and getting it compressed and normalized, etc…..sounds great! Thx Darin

Gonna try it tonight.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

...you are simply ignoring or accepting the obvious hell theme.

Perhaps your right, bro. Regardless, nice to live in a country that we can disagree…but still be respectful to each other!

1 week later
#96 6 years ago

To the OP, I think it's great you are taking your kids into consideration. Not sure where a friend of mine stole the quote from, but he once told me "it's easy to be a parent, but difficult to be a good one". I'd have to agree.

#97 6 years ago

Regardless of preferences, its awesome that this is possible.

#98 6 years ago

One thought for someone who doesn't care for the rock n roll train song, how about train of consequences my megadeth instead? Rocking song and it fits!

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been teasing that I have an AC/DC project in the works, and it does include an alternate translite. But let's just say that it's about as opposite what would be appropriate for this idea as possible.

Now that my project is live can I just say it was killing me to not post this in here as a joke?

translite.jpg

Just teasing, I think you should do whatever you like with your machine.

#100 6 years ago

Yeah, that translight is pretty amazing. You do great work. Think I'll pass on it for now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside