(Topic ID: 76392)

"No Hell" AC/DC Premium (Macro Included)

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC-DC Pro , Hemi Edition 016.JPG
translite.jpg
image-882.jpg
AC-DC alt- Trans 003.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 005.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 002.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 004.JPG
AC-DC alt- Trans 001.JPG
image.jpg
th-1-505.jpeg
image.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I've been enjoying the heck out of this pin for the last couple of weeks but desired to make it less Hell oriented and more family friendly. So, using the Pinball Browser Program and Audacity I've removed all the "Hell" songs and messages on the DMD with those song titles. Here is the main link you will need to learn how to use the Pinball Browser and Audacity programs: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Songs I switched were:

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be = Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Hell's Bells = Shoot to Thrill
Highway to Hell = Money Talks
"Welcome to Hell" callout to "AHAHAHAHA" (sound I exported and then re-imported)

Are there any alternative translights other than the Pro or any way to get a BIBLE backglass?

I also need to get a new Jukebox song list made to match the song selections.

Here is the Macro: (obviously, you would need to change the file locations for the .wav files which you make using Audacity)

-- Pinball-Browser Macro for AC/DC v1.65
CheckVersion,"AC/DC",0x165
SoundScript,0x17E,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\25-07 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (O.wav"
Message,0,0x5A8,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEEP"
Message,0,0x5A9,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE"
Message,0,0x5AA,"DIRT CHEEP"
Message,0,0x5B3,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5B4,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5B6,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5B8,"SHOOT TO THRILL"
Message,0,0x5C1,"MONEY TALKS"
SoundScript,0x182,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files2 Shoot to Thrill.wav"
SoundScript,0x186,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files3 Moneytalks.wav"
SoundScript,0x25F,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\AHAHAHAHA.wav"
SoundScript,0x260,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\AHAHAHAHA.wav"
SoundScript,0x261,"C:\Users\dsmit_000\Music\Pinball wav files\AHAHAHAHA.wav"

ReplaceString,0xC4B9C,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC4BC4,"SHOOT 2 THRILL CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC4BDC,"MONEY TALKS CHAMPION"

ReplaceString,0xC49E8,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP"
ReplaceString,0xC4A08,"SHOOTTHRILL"
ReplaceString,0xC4A14,"MONEY TALKS"
ReplaceString,0xC5520,"MONEY TALKS"
ReplaceString,0xC5558,"SHOOTTHRILL"
ReplaceString,0xC5588,"DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP"
ReplaceString,0xD0A38,"SHOOTTHRILL"
ReplaceString,0xD209C,"MUSIC: DIRTY DEEDS"
ReplaceString,0xD20B4,"MUSIC: SHOOT/THRILL"
ReplaceString,0xD20C8,"MUSIC: MONEY TALKS"

#2 10 years ago

You made that sound easy?!

#3 10 years ago

What the hell where you thinking? Just messin with ya!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#4 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Are there any alternative translights other than the Pro or any way to get a BIBLE backglass?

I've been teasing that I have an AC/DC project in the works, and it does include an alternate translite. But let's just say that it's about as opposite what would be appropriate for this idea as possible.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from gameroomguru:

You made that sound easy?!

It actually wasn't too hard. I read some threads and downloaded the programs. A few well placed and helpful PM's and I was up and running.

I'm set on Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds. I'm going to put more games on it before I decide on Money Talks for sure. Once I do, I'll get the new Jukebox plastic made.

#6 10 years ago

Hells Bells and Highway to Hell have to be in there! I get what you did for the more "family friendly" Ac/dc but man, Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill? Whole lotta Rosie? TNT….etc…..I wouldn't call Ac/dc "family friendly" with any music lineup. Ever listen to the words?

Hope you have fun with it, great pin!

#7 10 years ago

Just doesn't seem to quite fit.
th-1-505.jpegth-1-505.jpeg

#8 10 years ago

Get rid of War Machine and Let there be Rock……

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hells Bells and Highway to Hell have to be in there! I get what you did for the more "family friendly" Ac/dc but man, Dirty Deeds and Shoot to Thrill? Whole lotta Rosie? TNT….etc…..I wouldn't call Ac/dc "family friendly" with any music lineup. Ever listen to the words?
Hope you have fun with it, great pin!

Those songs teach you how to make a family...might as well throw "Sink the Pink" in there

#10 10 years ago

Why did you buy AC/DC in the first place? If you wanted a family pin, why didn't you buy Mousin Around or Bad Cats instead? The whole AC/DC theme is naughty.

#11 10 years ago

TNT

'Cause I'm T.N.T., I'm dynamite
(T.N.T.) and I'll win the fight
(T.N.T.) I'm a power load
(T.N.T.) watch me explode

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a wanted man
Public enemy number one
Understand
So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess me 'round

I sing it loud while I'm playing, but not with my kids around

#12 10 years ago

Shoot to Thrill

All you women who want a man of the street
But you don't know which way you wanna turn
Just keep a coming and put your hand out to me
'Cause I'm the one who's gonna make you burn
I'm gonna take you down - down, down, down
So don't you fool around
I'm gonna pull it, pull it, pull the trigger
Shoot to thrill, play to kill
Too many women with too many pills
Shoot to thrill, play to kill
I got my gun at the ready, gonna fire at will
Yeah
I'm like evil, I get under your skin
Just like a bomb that's ready to blow
'Cause I'm illegal, I got everything
That all you women might need to know
I'm gonna take you down - yeah, down, down, down

#13 10 years ago

Dirty Deeds

Another Fan Favorite!

If you got a lady and you want her gone
But you ain't got the guts
She keeps naggin' at you night and day
Enough to drive you nuts
Pick up the phone, leave her alone
It's time you made a stand
For a fee, I'm happy to be
Your back door man hey

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap
(Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap) yeah
(Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap)

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT
(Done dirt cheap)
Neck ties, contracts, high voltage
(Done dirt cheap)

Great music by a pack of complete degenerates!

#14 10 years ago

I'd add some Big Balls to this machine.

#15 10 years ago

ACDC H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS LE

#16 10 years ago

I figured I'd get ribbed for this thread.

Hey, to each his own, right?

I know there is basically nothing family-friendly about AC/DC lyrics. I play 99% of the games put on any of my pins but my kids hear 'Hell" in the song while they're off doing something else and it makes them uneasy. Simple as that. I figured I'd give the change in songs a try and see how it goes.

As far as why to get it? Gameplay and let's face it, this pin is really fun. If I were to unload it, the only reason I would do so is 'cuz of my family.

#17 10 years ago

I figured I'd get ribbed for this thread.
Hey, to each his own, right?
I know there is basically nothing family-friendly about AC/DC lyrics. I play 99% of the games put on any of my pins but my kids hear 'Hell" in the song while they're off doing something else and it makes them uneasy. Simple as that. I figured I'd give the change in songs a try and see how it goes.
As far as why to get it? Gameplay and let's face it, this pin is really fun. If I were to unload it, the only reason I would do so is 'cuz of my family.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but lets face it, you bought a AC / DC pinball machine.
The lyrics etc are not exactly Barney.
I get the fact you want family friendly, but maybe you should have thought through the pinball titles before this purchase. Maybe a Star Trek or Wizard of Oz would have been more family friendly.

#18 10 years ago

Very cool to change things around. My concern would be for the kids that shutter at the mention of a word like hell.
I would think in todays age we need a little thicker skin than that. IMHO.

Thank you for sharing the details of how you did this.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but lets face it, you bought a AC / DC pinball machine.
The lyrics etc are not exactly Barney.
I get the fact you want family friendly, but maybe you should have thought through the pinball titles before this purchase. Maybe a Star Trek or Wizard of Oz would have been more family friendly.

Got them both. Great games.

I gave this issue a lot of thought before getting the pin. It is possible I simply compromised too much and let desire for a great, fun pin win over. It is certainly possible that these changes I've made are not going to be enough to make the pin more acceptable in my lineup. If that becomes the case, I'll simply sell or trade it out. As this pin is in outstanding shape with a lot of upgrades, I don't think I'll have any trouble doing either if I choose to do so.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Very cool to change things around. My concern would be for the kids that shutter at the mention of a word like hell.
I would think in todays age we need a little thicker skin than that. IMHO.
Thank you for sharing the details of how you did this.

'Tis funny in a way. They can snipe people on COD (chat turned off, btw...for those of you who will ream me for a double-standard) and not think twice about it. They are very sensitive to 'bad' words. I'm thankful that they have tender consciences about some things still. There will be a time and will soon be here that they become teenagers and 'bad words' will be the least of my worries.

#20 10 years ago

I've received a few PM's about how to do this so I edited the original post with the main link on how to do this stuff.

The macro will help change all the DMD messages but you will need to use Audacity to adjust your own personal music files and then import to the song request locations you see on the macro...those macro entries will need to be deleted to make room for your own song imports.

#21 10 years ago

Oh no! Hell! Your kid is hearing a lot worse every day at school. Unless you keep them in isolation, if so, carry on.

#22 10 years ago

I love what you did! My kids are 4 and 6, and we are Christian, so at least right now, I'd rather not have so much "HELL" reference. There will be a time when it won't matter at all. But if I could edit that out for at least a few more years, I'm all for it. Thanks for sharing!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I love what you did! My kids are 4 and 6, and we are Christian, so at least right now, I'd rather not have so much "HELL" reference. There will be a time when it won't matter at all. But if I could edit that out for at least a few more years, I'm all for it. Thanks for sharing!

That is my basic situation as well. It may be that I'll simply replace the pin. As a family we do not isolate our children from the world. For example, we love to watch many movies and sometimes will need to stop a movie because of offensive language but sometimes will use movies as a method to help teach our children about morality and such.

Like I mentioned earlier, I very much expected some of the ribbing and comments on a topic like that and certainly do not want to turn this into a religious discussion which will deteriorate very rapidly. My goal was simply to share an interesting modification to a very fun pin.

Obviously, using the above-mentioned programs one can make an entire host of changes to a pin for whatever purposes or personal preferences they enjoy.

#24 10 years ago

I like what you did. It is something I want to try with my AC/DC. Thanks for posting your mod.

#25 10 years ago

We all have things that are important when it comes to our kids, no one should begrudge someone taking the extra effort to keep them happy.

#26 10 years ago

Similar feelings as some, love the music, not so much the lyrics, kids around, etc….

Back in the 90’s a rock group from the Appleton, WI area called the “Wedgies” made a few cd’s of classic rock songs substituting Packer lyrics..Highway to Hell = Green Bay at 12:00, TNT = MVP, Back in Black = Pack is Back. I haven’t listened to in awhile but they did a nice job. Oddly enough the first cd was called “Brat out of Hell”

#27 10 years ago

That is my basic situation as well. It may be that I'll simply replace the pin. As a family we do not isolate our children from the world. For example, we love to watch many movies and sometimes will need to stop a movie because of offensive language but sometimes will use movies as a method to help teach our children about morality and such.
Like I mentioned earlier, I very much expected some of the ribbing and comments on a topic like that and certainly do not want to turn this into a religious discussion which will deteriorate very rapidly. My goal was simply to share an interesting modification to a very fun pin.
Obviously, using the above-mentioned programs one can make an entire host of changes to a pin for whatever purposes or personal preferences they enjoy.

I want to chime in on this. I don't want this to be a God thing, but I just want to state that some groups of people (Christians and Jews) feel different about Hell references than say people who are not of those faiths. Not criticizing either side. I'm just stating that songs that embrace Hell are in strong contrast to those people's beliefs. Sexual content while often offensive to those groups as well, doesn't conflict as much with the basic faith.

I owned an AC/DC Premium and it was a basic problem for me as a Christian. I liked the game and the gameplay, but it bothered me a bit. It wasn't the only reason I sold it, but it did contribute a bit.

#28 10 years ago

ON THE CODE ISSUE:
My brother and I have done this as well but didnt take out the Hell songs. We replaced War Machine with Girls Got Rythym, He'll Ain't a Bad Place to Be with Dirty Deeds and Let Their Be Rock with Shoot to Thrill. The code editor that OGA83 came up with is excellent. We even have multiple people using our song set that didn't want to try editing themselves. We also came up with custom juke box plastics for those that changed their songs.

ON THE HELL ISSUE:
This is all your personal preference but I agree with the above posts about all AC/DC songs. I find it ironic that the Hell songs are the issue when Hell isn't really a bad word unless used as one. It is just simply a place. Your issue could easily be avoided, if that word disturbs your family so much, with a headphone jack from pinovators. I have one on almost all my machines now and is one of the greatest additions we have done to our pins. You can play your pin and enjoy it as loud as you like without disturbing anyone or them disturbing you. Playing with headphones truly let's you get enveloped into the game and elevates the play IMO.

SIDE STORY:
I have a young daughter that points out EVERY bad word I say and in each movie, tv show or song she hears. However, I have tried teaching her that we can't control what the artist do with their lyrics or what is written for actors to say. Now that we've had the machine for two+ years she has turned into a big fan of their music, as well as of classic rock. I now have a cool bond with her as she loves to listen to old rock and roll and now will text me if she is away from me and a good old song comes on. She is now 11. I just got a text from her last week that Golden Earing's Twilight Zone was on which I thought was so cool. I don't know that I would have this bond with her, that I don't have with my older daughter, if not for this machine. Kind of ironic that a machine with lyrics like AC/DC's has given me such a great gift.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I want to chime in on this. I don't want this to be a God thing, but I just want to state that some groups of people (Christians and Jews) feel different about Hell references than say people who are not of those faiths. Not criticizing either side. I'm just stating that songs that embrace Hell are in strong contrast to those people's beliefs.

I don't really want to get into a religious discussion, but I'm pretty sure Jews don't believe in hell. Regardless, I think a person should do whatever they want to one of their games in order to make it a good fit for their family. If eliminating all the songs that reference "hell" achieves this, then I'm all for it.

#30 10 years ago

MUST....NOT.....TROLL......THREAD....URRRRRRRGH.

#31 10 years ago

I play 99% of the games put on any of my pins but my kids hear 'Hell" in the song while they're off doing something else and it makes them uneasy. Simple as that.

Just remind them that Hell ain't a bad place to be!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure Jews don't believe in hell.

Not entirely true, the old testament does not refer to Hell as "Hell" but, makes references to it using other less common names. Hell to them is not about fires and devils as much as being apart from God, which would be the equivalent of anguish and torment.

I have struggled with the Hell references on this pin as well but, I think you can enjoy the game at face value without buying (or reading too deeply) into any specific messages from the songs or images. If your squeamish about the lyrics or references in their songs or the images on the pin, then you probably need to not play many of the video games or watch most of the movies and shows we watch today either.

#33 10 years ago

Am I the only one that finds it funny that he replaced the songs with the the word "Hell" in it with more family appropriate songs that deal with contract killing (Dirty Deeds), sex and drugs (Shoot to thrill) and greed and prostitution (Money talks). Gotta love ACDC

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Am I the only one that finds it funny that he replaced the songs with the the word "Hell" in it with more family appropriate songs that deal with contract killing (Dirty Deeds), sex and drugs (Shoot to thrill) and greed and prostitution (Money talks). Gotta love ACDC

Yep, slim pickin's to be sure. Part of the difference is that they don't really understand what those songs are about. Regardless, I completely understand the confusion and the comments.

That said, if your child (not just you, Treveism but more to everyone else posting) was bothered by something, would you not help them through that with discussion (which I've done) and then take action? If these changes prove unacceptable to MY family, then I'll simply trade the pin out for something else. YOUR family may look at things differently and that's okay!

I really don't see why this is bothering people so much. I modded a pin for my own personal preferences and felt like sharing it.

Anyhoo....hope y'all have a great day.

Darin

#35 10 years ago

I really don't see why this is bothering people so much. I modded a pin for my own personal preferences and felt like sharing it.

Awesome sentiment. Enjoy your work. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

#36 10 years ago

I agree with gweempose. You'll find excepts in any group of people, but by enlarge Jews don't subscribe to the whole heaven and hell thing.

Quoted from gweempose:

but I'm pretty sure Jews don't believe in hell.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Not entirely true, the old testament does not refer to Hell as "Hell"

#37 10 years ago

Yep, slim pickin's to be sure. Part of the difference is that they don't really understand what those songs are about. Regardless, I completely understand the confusion and the comments.
That said, if your child (not just you, Treveism but more to everyone else posting) was bothered by something, would you not help them through that with discussion (which I've done) and then take action? If these changes prove unacceptable to MY family, then I'll simply trade the pin out for something else. YOUR family may look at things differently and that's okay!
Darin

I completely understand and If I owned the game I'd swap Dirty Deeds and Shoot to thrill in just because they are two of my favorite ACDC songs. I just find the concept of a family friendly ACDC pin as pretty comical, as nearly all of their songs are offensive in one way or another. I give you props though and appreciate that you kept it all ACDC vs. trying to make a Stryper pin or something

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

trying to make a Stryper pin or something

LOL!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I agree with gweempose. You'll find excepts in any group of people, but by enlarge Jews don't subscribe to the whole heaven and hell thing.

I agree with him as well, that's why I did not blanket say he was wrong, just not entirely true.

It can be a very complicated subject for most people.

#40 10 years ago

Pro Translite is about your only Bet.. LE Back Glasses are unattainable

#42 10 years ago

In the best interest of the children, you may also consider sending out the playfield and having the
horns removed.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the best interest of the children, you may also consider sending out the playfield and having the
horns removed.

True. You could probably snap or cut off the ones on the train and jukebox.

Let's think of everything that has horns: Bulls, goats, rhinos, cars, clowns.... - all bad.

#44 10 years ago

Darin

Darin,
I hope my post above did not come across as an attack or anything although I did throw in my opinion of the word Hell. I thought my suggestion of the headphone jack was great idea. I also thought you would enjoy my anecdotal story of my daughter and our experience through this machine. We all buy machines to enjoy them and if that helps you enjoy yours more then do it. My brother and I had someone who was scared to use the editor program ask us if we would plug in all Gratefull Dead songs for them. Now I can't fathom listening to the Dead and playing that machine but I guess it floats his boat lol.

#45 10 years ago

Just to add, If I still had my game, I would swap in Big Balls because the song is friggin' hilarious!

#46 10 years ago

I could care less (personally) about the "hell" issue.

You put in BETTER songs.....period. That's cool that you can do that.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Darin,
I hope my post above did not come across as an attack or anything although I did throw in my opinion of the word Hell. I thought my suggestion of the headphone jack was great idea. I also thought you would enjoy my anecdotal story of my daughter and our experience through this machine. We all buy machines to enjoy them and if that helps you enjoy yours more then do it. My brother and I had someone who was scared to use the editor program ask us if we would plug in all Gratefull Dead songs for them. Now I can't fathom listening to the Dead and playing that machine but I guess it floats his boat lol.

Not at all. It takes quite a bit more to offend me and I did like the story.

#48 10 years ago

To each his own, if that is the best way for you and your family to enjoy the game that's what it's all about. I find it pretty cool that you found a solution that works for your problem. AC/DC is a fantastic game for sure!

#49 10 years ago

Haha your kids get upset over the word Hell? So replace those songs with songs about murder for hire, etc . Remember, you can't have heaven without Hell!

After Christ/ Devil Comes! AC/DC!

#50 10 years ago

so when the game tries to use the mini playfield, does it just launch the ball into the lower cabinet?

I would have added Who made Who instead of money talks I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
16,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-hell-acdc-premium-macro-included and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.