Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by luch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0054 (resized).PNG
    index (resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

I am opening up a discussion on Pinside. I hope this will result in a monitored list of bad people in this hobby. Pinside has banned folks for being wrong and unhealthy to the hobby. Today's example is Gorf. When this douche-bag is long gone and forgotten about on Pinside,he will still screw some newb on Craig list or Let it go. Robin, please help us to have a database to refer to. Let these asshole never take advantage of good hobbyist again.

#2 7 years ago

this could end up being a slippery slope .

#3 7 years ago

Not if it has rules, and moderation

#4 7 years ago

Do you remember that guy 3 years ago that sold the POS BOP in the northeast?

#6 7 years ago

Good idea if we can keep the thread from exploding

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Good idea if we can keep the thread from exploding

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 7 years ago

Maybe you meant bad sellers? I give it till the end of the afternoon until this thread is a flame war with pinsiders listing off other pinsiders based on forum activity.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I am opening up a discussion on Pinside. I hope this will result in a monitored list of bad people in this hobby. Pinside has banned folks for being wrong and unhealthy to the hobby. Today's example is Gorf. When this douche-bag is long gone and forgotten about on Pinside,he will still screw some newb on Craig list or Let it go. Robin, please help us to have a database to refer to. Let these asshole never take advantage of good hobbyist again.

While your intentions are good, I think your idea has a torch and pitchfork mentality.

It could potentially inflict undue harm to an innocent person.

Pinsiders should be capable of sufficient due diligence with all the resources readily available in this community.

#10 7 years ago

Just sucks because of the few that will bullshit there way to make a few dollars, that is the reason I won't buy a game without seeing it in person.

#11 7 years ago

It would nice to have a thread showing user names(along with threads for users to make up their own minds) who have shown bad behavior selling. Not so much interested when buyers/sellers changed minds, but more so when people have genuinely and obviously been ripped off and sellers/buyers have not made right. The guy in Rock Island comes to mind, Mad Amusements, and Gorf. There was also the restore place, but I'm thinking he's not in a good place due to losing someone and maybe should get a pass.

#12 7 years ago

Back when I was really into guitar gear, the forum I was a member of had a sub-forum for deals gone bad. I think posting was limited to the buyer, the seller, and a moderator. Each was allowed to make their case with copies of photos and correspondence cut and pasted into the thread. Users were allowed to read the thread, make their own conclusions about who screwed who, but not allowed to post. At least that's how I remember it.

#13 7 years ago

Why does this need to be such an issue? I'm not asking for a which hunt.index (resized).jpegindex (resized).jpeg

There have been people banned. There are people on the list on pinball classifieds,(scammers list) . Lets just list what is facts.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Back when I was really into guitar gear, the forum I was a member of had a sub-forum for deals gone bad. I think posting was limited to the buyer, the seller, and a moderator. Each was allowed to make their case with copies of photos and correspondence cut and pasted into the thread. Users were allowed to read the thread, make their own conclusions about who screwed who, but not allowed to post. At least that's how I remember it.

This is a great example!

We can make something that is not biased.........maybe

#15 7 years ago

How about a spread sheet that shows the seller, the game sold, the amount it sold for and whether the buyer rated it a positive or negative transaction? Then room for a short comment, say 100 characters or so. That way you have a record of all of the sales and experiences all in one place, and people can decide for themselves whether or not they want to deal with a seller.

#16 7 years ago

I usually put the sellers I no longer wish to associate with on the ignore list. That way I don't have to read any of the $&it they spout off about.

#17 7 years ago

this is not a good idea for a thread

there is two pinsiders that seem to follow the posts I make, usually correcting me a few days later after I have posted
    sure, they are a PITA to me, but generally they are good contributing members

I do not see how highlighting (and naming) these guys will accomplish anything

#18 7 years ago

Mr Pinball classifieds has a Blacklist. Pinside now has over 38000 members. There are obviously new people joining all the time that need guidance .Most seasoned hobbyist are less likely to be swindled on a deal,but even that is not the case.

I'm also not suggesting a free for all "I think this guy is an asshole list" hell we would all be on it at some point.

A structured "Buyer beware" moderated list.

Why is this not possible?

#19 7 years ago

At what point does one become a bad seller/buyer worthy of being reported?

Miss representing a game? Great condition could mean anything to anyone

Asking for photos and then not going though with the sale?

Where is the line drawn?

#20 7 years ago

Not sure where a fair and impartial ending would be. Thats up for discussion. I know a good start would be people ejected from here for bad sales.

#21 7 years ago

"No Good Pinballers" though? That is too vague. Could be taken to mean poor players, that's what I thought when I read the title. Is it supposed to be a play on "No Good Gofers"?

"Pinside Market Sh*t List" would be better...

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

Maybe you meant bad sellers? I give it till the end of the afternoon until this thread is a flame war with pinsiders listing off other pinsiders based on forum activity.

Loooooooooooooooool!

lol.

#23 7 years ago

The idea where it is buyer, seller and a mod with pictures and both sides seems good and safe (to a point). Safest without inflammatory posting by 200 people. Let others draw their own conclusions if they are comfortable to deal with either party. Just so the info is available to incoming members so they can make an informed choice without a side show. If its open posting, reading through insults and non factual extra curricular posts can get tiring and misleading. I think also if the 2 parties involved start throwing insults it get s moderated or locked maybe?

#24 7 years ago

Careful!
    A lot of damage can be done.

#25 7 years ago

Is this going to be a club that anybody is welcome to join?

#26 7 years ago

Let's get this started with an easy one, shall we?

Gorf: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf

Although he's already banned, he will likely try to come back to Pinside under another name and he should not be forgotten just because he's banned.

I also nominate treasurecove: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware

#27 7 years ago

Choggard

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

At what point does one become a bad seller/buyer

After the issue is resolved.
    We often see threads of discontent. Then we have seen the responses.
    Normally, a common sense result occurs.
    Don't add either to the list until the issue has resolved.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is this going to be a club that anybody is welcome to join?

I would never want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member . lol

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Let's get this started with an easy one, shall we?
    Gorf: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf
    Although he's already banned, he will likely try to come back to Pinside under another name and he should not be forgotten just because he's banned.

Looks like he is unbanned now.
    IMG_0054 (resized).PNGIMG_0054 (resized).PNG

#32 7 years ago

all I saw was #naughty, and came here looking for the wild stuff.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all I saw was #naughty, and came here looking for the wild stuff.

Only You NEO. Lol

#34 7 years ago

number naughty ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-pinballers?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.