• Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I just purchased this game and it is about to be delivered. Im trying to put together an LED light list. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how many bulbs are in each GI string? The manual says theres a left side, right side, a string 4, and a string 5. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

I would just order a 100 pack of 44s and be done with it.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/100-pack-led-bullet.htm

26.00 bucks and you wont have to worry aboot them for long time. 25 pack is like 7.5 bucks and my ->guess<- would roughly 38-46 included the mezzanine or backbox.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks. I was thinking about putting some greens in there as well to make it more golfy. I saw a couple of pics of kits that were all blue, and it really lost the golf feel for me.

For the inserts, can I get away with getting one pack of cools and one pack of warms, and use those behind any of the colors? I read that some people arent doing all the custom color packs, rather only using one of the two bulbs.

Thanks again for the help.

#4 6 years ago

NGG Looks best with Warm White Frosted or Sunlight.

GI is likely around 30-35 bulbs.

For your inserts, you can use Warm white across your Yellows, reds, and greens, as well as cool white, but color matching them will make them richer, and hide scratches.

If your choice is to add some green in the GI, like the others, just stay frosted.

Twin 2835 make the game jump, and Grab 4 Op Max for the back.

#5 6 years ago

Perfect, thats what I was looking for, thanks for breaking that down. Do you think that the bulbs labeled ILLUMINATION STRING 4 & 5 are for the back glass? I cant find those bulbs anywere in the manual. Im wondering how many bulbs those are as well.

Thanks

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

NGG is a dark game. I don't think putting colored LED's in for the GI is going to help you in that regard.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If your choice is to add some green in the GI, like the others, just stay frosted.
Twin 2835 make the game jump, and Grab 4 Op Max for the back.

The back size are 44s but the inside GI uses 555?

#8 6 years ago

GI are 44/47 Bayonet Base.

For the backbox, just remove the backglass and count.

Fill the whole backbox with the same frosted...Sunlight or Warm.

You can then pull a bulb here or there, if you wish to save...in many cases its barely noticeable,
Adding any color in the backbox, is best tested with all the whites in, as there will be light bleeds from the color.

The Opmax is for the back of the game in the GI to light from below...the other choice is a backboard strip to light from the top down. If you get a strip, get a brightness screw, so you can tweak to your taste.

#9 6 years ago

reach out to Ryan Wanger at Comet, hes likely jet lagged from PA, but any details, he can share.
If you want a pre made kit, or other choices, Pinside quality vendors also include Pinballbulbs, Nifty,
Cointaker, and Pinballlife.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,800 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gophers-gi-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.