Topic poll

“No Good Gofers or Safe Cracker”

• No Good Gofers 19 votes
    59%
  • Safe Cracker 13 votes
    41%

(32 votes)

#1 8 years ago

Guys, I was reluctant on posting this but decided to do it. I have a extremely nice No Good Gofers - possibly HUO. I love the game, but have an opportunity to use as part of a trade for a Safe Cracker.

#3 8 years ago

If you've had the NGG for a while and have played it as much as you're going to play it... get the Safecracker. Safecracker is a ton of fun in a collection. BUT, it's limited for gameplay and after a few weeks you've seen all you're going to see. NGG has a lot more longevity going for it.

#4 8 years ago

I prefer Safecracker, but it does not fit into a normal pin lineup. And it looks odd/bad if you take the two "wings" off. So you pretty much have to have the right spot (some odd corner maybe?) to fit it in. If you like your NGG (which sounds like a good one) you should probably keep it.

#5 8 years ago

Ive owned just about every PL game made (the good ones, not the crappy ones he did at Stern ).

Safecracker had the absolute SHORTEST longevity/replay-ability of any game I've had.

#6 8 years ago

Better play safe cracker first I only played it once and couldn't make it thru one game I was so bored, the only other game that was worse to me than safe cracker was gottliebs strikes n spares.

#7 8 years ago

check out SC on pinball arcade to get a feel for it before thinking about picking one up.

#8 8 years ago

In a collection of 24, machines SC would go very well. NGG are everywhere, and it's a good game for guests but gets old.

#9 8 years ago

My vote is for SC. I had a Gofers for a while but it got old quick. Couldn't stand the music and annoying call outs. Plus all the mechanical noise the game makes, things are constantly slamming up and down. The layout is really fun to shoot, maybe my favorite Lawler game shot wise but it's really gimped by the rushed software. Super annoying when Buzz gets stuck up for the rest of the ball or when you hit a hole in one shot and it doesn't count for anything.

#10 8 years ago

Guys, thanks for a response and really appreciate it! yes, I agree on the line up and does looks strange in a line up I think I have a spot for it without any pins next to it, so think it will be OK. My concern was the last-ability of the game! I personally think the game is over priced, but so are most of the games these days. When I play gofers, I have a blast but had it now for a while so it would be one to let go. My problem is always getting too attached to my games and always though to make the decision.

I did play safe cracker several times on pinball arcade. I think it is fun and unique... but hear when the rules are well understood it is a very addictive game. The game I think is definitely for one in a larger collection. Definitely would not get as a pin in a small collection.

Thanks again guys and definitely helps me make some decisions here.

Attila

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

When I play gofers, I have a blast but had it now for a while so it would be one to let go. My problem is always getting too attached to my games and always though to make the decision.

I got rid of my Gofers and haven't thought aboot it since. It's a fun game, but it's a bit of a mess. SC is more a museum piece for sure, but there's nothing like it. NGG is like a lot of things, and easy to find. Why? Because people get sick of it and sell it and don't miss it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-or-safe-cracker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.