Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MFdePaulaJr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
ngg3.jpg (© Marcellino de Paula)
ngg2.jpg (© Marcellino de Paula)
ngg1.jpg (© Marcellino de Paula)
81769f815c1ba28ccbd992aa5acc7f9d5f1c7c95_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I'm about to embark on an insert repairing adventure in a NGG. Just wanted to ask if you or someone you know has done this (specifically, lower playfield, between slings, those pesky 1-9 inserts) and has already scanned/made art for repairing any inserts. Don't want to double up work if I don't have to!

81769f815c1ba28ccbd992aa5acc7f9d5f1c7c95_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#2 3 years ago

Up!

#3 3 years ago

I wonder if that's my old one. My solution was to sell it and get another one lol

#4 3 years ago

I have the exact same problem on my NGG. It would be nice to fix it right.

#5 3 years ago

That seems like all NGG have the same problem with the inserts. I have a proposal to fix the inserts :

Fill the insert with resin.

HOW? You'll need to perfectly align the playfield at 0 degrees and fill the insert with a resin (with a syringe) . Not all inserts are clear/transparent so... I suggest mixing with coat that is close to the desired color. After drying , apply the label using a waterslide paper.

If someone have those legends I can try on my playfield and share the results with a step by step guide.

#6 3 years ago

YES! I would love to buy a set of No Good Gofers insert decals if someone would create and sell the whole set! I wonder why that's not happening... There's a lot of NGG playfields in need of a new decals. I am missing couple inset decals and filling resin or buying a new better quality NGG one isn't an option. But, Maybe someday...

-peter

#7 3 years ago

Fill inserts with resin

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-inserts-fogged-peeling-delaminated-with-uv-curing-resin

I still looking for an insert decal set... anyone?

#8 3 years ago

For the insert decal set, are we just looking at someone scanning in the decals off the playfield, touching them up if needed and printing to some clear sticky paper?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

For the insert decal set, are we just looking at someone scanning in the decals off the playfield, touching them up if needed and printing to some clear sticky paper?

Just looking at someone scanning the insert decals. I can touch up and share the image file here for anyone can print.

I took some pictures of my missing insert decals (before cleaning) . If you have a NGG and can scan the highlighted areas on the pictures I'll really appreciate

ngg1.jpg
ngg2.jpg
ngg3.jpg

#10 3 years ago

What would be the difference between scanning them or just taking a picture?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

What would be the difference between scanning them or just taking a picture?

the picture may have varying angle , the flash can interfere with colors/light as well. The scan " guarantees " that the angle is always the same as the light.

#12 3 years ago

I need the trap ready hot dog insert. Just the bottom corner clear on top chipped off. Probably don't need the insert just need to fill it in but don't have any experience and know how to do it. All other inserts are good

image_(resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

The decals were put on after the playfield was clearcoated?

#14 3 years ago

No the decals were first and then clear on top

#15 3 years ago

Were the inserts slightly raised on a bunch of playfields which caused this issue?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Were the inserts slightly raised on a bunch of playfields which caused this issue?

Possibly yes.

#17 3 years ago

I bought a hand scan yesterday. I know a guy that have two NGG... here.. in Rio de Janeiro. I'll scan the inserts of his machines. I don't know nothing about the condition of playfields... but.. may next week I'll go there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside