Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Floating Ramp Overlay.png
Captura de Tela 2016-10-04 às 3.54.42 PM (resized).png
Captura de Tela 2016-10-01 a?s 9.03.13 PM (resized).png
image_42056_1 (resized).jpg
Captura de Tela 2016-10-01 a?s 9.02.41 PM (resized).png
IMG_4150.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4153.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4169.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4180.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4155.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4151.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4149.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
IMG_4148.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
PTDC0034.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
PTDC0040.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)
PTDC0032.JPG (© Marcellino de Paula, Jr)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfdepaulajr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys

Many people have some damage on NGG insert decal. I saw many topic about the subject, but there was no progress on any of them...

...But not today!

So I did the scan of a playfield in good condition and now I need help from a phoroshop expert (or another photo editor) to cut the inserts from the images (with transparency). If you know how to handle images.. please! help the poor owners of NGG to restore our playfield!

Let's make this topic, DEFINITIVE TOPIC!

Come on! Join me!

Scans (600dpi)

PTDC0027.JPGPTDC0027.JPG

PTDC0028.JPGPTDC0028.JPG

PTDC0030.JPGPTDC0030.JPG

PTDC0031.JPGPTDC0031.JPG

PTDC0032.JPGPTDC0032.JPG

PTDC0040.JPGPTDC0040.JPG

PTDC0034.JPGPTDC0034.JPG

#2 7 years ago

From iPhone:

IMG_4148.JPGIMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4149.JPGIMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4151.JPGIMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4155.JPGIMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4180.JPGIMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4169.JPGIMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4153.JPGIMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4150.JPGIMG_4150.JPG

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I'm a professional designer, so I know how to use Photoshop *and* I have a NGG that has a couple of damaged inserts, so I'm willing to help. I just need a little direction as to how the files should be set up and where the cuts should be, since I don't have experience yet with replacing insert decals.

Hi DaWezl,

Thank you for answering the call!

I made two types of image capture:

Scanner - I captured the image in its actual size but was very dark.

smartphone camera - better image deth and more lighter, but is not the actual size. I suggest you to use the scanner image to be based on the size of each insert.

What is the job?
Cut the insert decal from image and matching insert size. The image background should be transparent. Some examples:

I tried to do something... Black/white insert (not a nice job.. )

b/wb/w

on color insert, the cut will be something like this:

ColorColor

Example of our finished job (Insert decals from another machine - Black and White / Color decals):

MBMB

Please contact me if you have any questions or if you need some help.

Once I have the insert decals, I'll try to fix my inserts and I'll write a tutorial right here! (about printing, choosing right kind of paper, precision cut, how to fix... etc).

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I'm a professional designer, so I know how to use Photoshop *and* I have a NGG that has a couple of damaged inserts, so I'm willing to help. I just need a little direction as to how the files should be set up and where the cuts should be, since I don't have experience yet with replacing insert decals.

Playfield images on onedrive:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgAc1wvASRy4wX-cexfjFDHAwv7s

Files beginning with "PTD" are from Scanner.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... given that this is WMS copyright stuff, we can probably get these vectored and produced. The issue is why these are not is when there are inserts with artwork sections in the insert, it is difficult to both color match as well as get the art registered as just about every playfield will be a little different. So, we can step up and I can get this stuff vectored and then we can run them ourselves in both laminated and non-laminated.
Let me know if this will work as this I think will get you what you want professionally done.
[email protected]

I would love to buy the official decals inserts, but who has to sell? For years I heard that (WMS Copyright)... but no one solved my problem. There are hundreds of owners of NGG needing insert decals and parts (such as gophers) that no one has to sell. I got tired of waiting. Even "classic arcades" on ebay do not have the NGG insert decal.

Now I have two options: do my own decals or continue with my damaged playfield. which would you choose ?

I will be in the US soon, if your store has the decal insert, gophers and Lift coil bracket, I will buy all with you. If not, I will continue my project. My goal is not to sell but to repair my pinball machine where no one else wanted.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've send the pictures to my art guys to get vectored and you will get a set no charge to check it if that works ...

Thank you Rick. I'm very eager to see the result.

I can provide more images if you need. I don't remember if I've scanned all inserts. I'll double check tomorrow and if I don't I'll post here and send to you.

Another part that is commonly damaged is under the floating ramp. I did the scan too.... so I'll provide in my onedrive folder soon.

#13 7 years ago

Hi Guys...

I started working on "floating ramp" overlay. I'm not a professional but I think that will work.

Captura de Tela 2016-10-04 às 3.54.42 PM (resized).pngCaptura de Tela 2016-10-04 às 3.54.42 PM (resized).png

How about you guys, someone made some progress?

#14 7 years ago

This is my finished job.

Floating Ramp Overlay.pngFloating Ramp Overlay.png

5 months later
#17 7 years ago
Quoted from aamjanssen:

I already have the non-colored inserts done years ago, but tust me. The colored are a pain in the ass to sort them out and color them.

Hi! Could you share if me ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

4,800 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfdepaulajr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-insert-decals?tu=mfdepaulajr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.