image.jpg
Iphone_11-12_516.JPG
Iphone_11-12_539.JPG
Iphone_11-12_540.JPG
Iphone_11-12_541.JPG
Iphone_11-12_536.JPG
Iphone_11-12_513.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Picking up one tomorrow. what should I look for ,pay extra attention to?

#2 11 years ago

slam ramp wear is the big one. if its clean.. check for a decal hiding wear but if not.. thats great.. Gofers faces can get bashed up and need replacing or repainting. Make sure the gofer mechs and ramp flaps go up and down and work properly.

#3 11 years ago

Congrats! That game is a total gem.

#4 11 years ago

look for lifted inserts - it is extremely common on that machine

#5 11 years ago

Yeah the 2 big inserts, the Extra ball X5 insert and the one by the sand trap. As others have stated slam ramp wear and the gophers will need to be inspected. Also look around the wheel for wear or evidence of a improperly adjusted wheel. Also look at the upper play field and look to see how clear it is. They can get scratched up and foggy.

#6 11 years ago

Picked it up yesterday.Decent shape. I was told it was shopped out.Got it home and replaced almost 15 bulbs had to laugh. I'll shop it

I almost picked up a second one but it needed a lot and the cabinet art was bad.As far as I know there is no available artwork for these,correct?

#7 11 years ago

I haven't seen any

#8 11 years ago

Make sure the slam ramp mech screws are secure underneath the playfield. When these loosen up, the slam ramp comes down a little uneven and can contribute to playfield wear. Congrats, great pin!

1 week later
#9 11 years ago

Its home and what started out as needing a cleaning has evolved....

Iphone_11-12_513.JPGIphone_11-12_513.JPGOne touched up one dirty Iphone_11-12_536.JPGIphone_11-12_536.JPGlook at the difference in the ramps Iphone_11-12_541.JPGIphone_11-12_541.JPG

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I was told it was shopped out.Got it home and replaced almost 15 bulbs had to laugh. I'll shop it

I sometimes wonder if everyone has a different defination of shopped. Looks great but def isnt shopped. I'll take it off your hands if you dont want to deal with it...

#11 11 years ago

Not to hijack this thread but is there a sticker or something to cover that area? I picked up a NGG with minimal wear and want to prevent more.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from MiSC90:

Not to hijack this thread but is there a sticker or something to cover that area? I picked up a NGG with minimal wear and want to prevent more.

Cover what area?

#13 11 years ago

more fun

Before

Iphone_11-12_540.JPGIphone_11-12_540.JPG
After
Iphone_11-12_539.JPGIphone_11-12_539.JPG

#14 11 years ago

I believe the original intent of that term involved an operator having to bring a machine into the "shop" to address issues that could not be fixed at the location. It means different things to different people.

#15 11 years ago

Slam ramp area

#16 11 years ago

What a fun game. I have one in my personal collection and just picked up another one last Friday to sell. Boy, she is dirty as crap. Congrats!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

she is dirty as crap

I'm wondering if its a sickness,the dirtier they are the more fun I have shopping them out.

#18 11 years ago

Slam ramp area

There is a halh moon Mylar that sits under the slam ramp . You can just make it out in this photo

Iphone_11-12_516.JPGIphone_11-12_516.JPG

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm wondering if its a sickness,the dirtier they are the more fun I have shopping them out.

It is a sickness indeed. I love getting them filthy and making them look new again. Nice score. Enjoy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 11 years ago

Hard to tell from this pic but she is soooooo dirty. I agree with kevin and Skypilot, love to make them shine....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Here's the placement of the mylar. Luckily there were still items in the goodie bag including two of these.

Iphone_11-12_005.JPGIphone_11-12_005.JPG

#22 11 years ago

I was able to sneek down to the shop for an hour.

Iphone_11-12_001.JPGIphone_11-12_001.JPG Iphone_11-12_004.JPGIphone_11-12_004.JPG

#23 11 years ago

That moon mylar appears to just be a standard slingshot mylar. They can be purchased if needed. You can also buy mylar in sheets and cut to any dimension if needed. Just a heads up in case you did not know.

Loving the shopping threads!

#24 11 years ago

I would love to play this pin.

1 month later
#25 11 years ago

forgot to post the finished shop

No_Good_Gofers_(2).JPGNo_Good_Gofers_(2).JPG No_Good_Gofers_(9).JPGNo_Good_Gofers_(9).JPG

#26 11 years ago

No_Good_Gofers_(5).JPGNo_Good_Gofers_(5).JPG No_Good_Gofers_(4).JPGNo_Good_Gofers_(4).JPG

#27 11 years ago

NGG playfield overlay for the slam ramp can be had at Treasure cove pinball.

#28 11 years ago

Sweet lookin...

#29 11 years ago

looks nice. need to put my slam ramp overlay on mine still

#30 11 years ago

As far as I know there is no available artwork for these,correct?

Seems that way.Had ngg since 08' and have not seen any in the places I've looked.It's a pair of head decals I would like to have.

#31 11 years ago

Looks great!!!!

#32 11 years ago

Did you flame polish the ramps? Looks great! The cart targets are different than most games, do they have decals on them?

#33 11 years ago

Wow nice score. Thats one Pin i have been keeping my eye out for and have never seen it up for sale in Texas.

Enjoy a great pin.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did you flame polish the ramps? Looks great! The cart targets are different than most games, do they have decals on them?

You can get them from PinballDecals.com or wait for Little Shop of Games to release their "Target Armor" version that will be much better quality, super durable.

#35 11 years ago

Looks great Keith.....

#36 11 years ago

I did flame polish the ramps and the decal on targets and the rear of the playfied are from pinball decals.com

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

As far as I know there is no available artwork for these,correct?
Seems that way.Had ngg since 08' and have not seen any in the places I've looked.It's a pair of head decals I would like to have.

Planetary just started producing cabinet art

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Planetary just started producing cabinet art

Thanks for the tip.This hobby just gets more resourceful.

#39 11 years ago

Nice job on the in-home restore! Wish I was that aggressive working on my pins, certainly would save some money buying HUO...lol.

I believe you mentioned about cabinet replacements. Just noticed Planetary is carrying them now. Must be new because I've never seen them offered before.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-NGG-CABSETNG&Store_Code=PP

-Art

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Reston, VA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.