(Topic ID: 287165)

No GnR LEs till June?

By zr11990

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

My friend who works for a distributor passed son some info to me as I have been waiting on a game. They told him that they are currently working on the CEs and they wont have any LEs till June or July. True or not I dont know but it seems like typical JJP chicken shit tactics. Sell a game then make everyone wait forever while they take their damn sweet time making it.

#2 3 years ago

Surely not. It can't take 5 months to build the very limited number of CE's.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

My friend who works for a distributor passed son some info to me as I have been waiting on a game. They told him that they are currently working on the CEs and they wont have any LEs till June or July. True or not I dont know but it seems like typical JJP chicken shit tactics. Sell a game then make everyone wait forever while they take their damn sweet time making it.

If they make LE instead of CE, then CE buyers have to “wait forever”. They paid the most, those orders should be fulfilled first IMO...then they can concentrate on LEs all day long.

#4 3 years ago

I initially heard they were pumping out about ~50ish games a week. Recently I heard it may be closer to 20 games a week though. If it is actually that low, it would take them roughly 6 months to get out all the CEs and June availability of LEs again would make sense.

#5 3 years ago

If paid for the highest level of game I better get it first.

#6 3 years ago

But I dont give a shit about you or your game. I want mine. I dont know how I would do it and it doesn't matter but it seems like they should do something to get peoples games out faster.

#7 3 years ago

I've heard the same as well for LEs.

#8 3 years ago

I was under the impression if you order a game today the estimated delivery is June or July.

#9 3 years ago

Distributor told me all CEs will be built then more SEs/LEs. March/April timeframe.

#10 3 years ago

Just jacked the prices up to $7750 and $10500. Ouch!

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Man. I guess your overall experience with JJP must be in stark contrast with my own. I can't say that any JJP rep that I've ever met or spoken with employed chicken-shit tactics when they were dealing with me.

Tell us about your experience(s), won't you? Perhaps I've been out of the loop.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Crazy.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

who the hell will pay $7750 for the SE? stupid

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

People who don't wanna pay $10500?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

DI owners did for sure, that was 8k.
    Was Hobbit 8K? I know they went down with Wonka

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

DI owners did for sure, that was 8k.
    Was Hobbit 8K? I know they went down with Wonka

DI SE is the same exact game as the LE, just less bling.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

DI SE is the same exact game as the LE, just less bling.

Ah, I didn't know they had gone to a more tiered approach no. Thanks.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah, I didn't know they had gone to a more tiered approach no. Thanks.

Yeah it started with Wonka where the SE was missing the Wonkavator. Then with GnR, you have the most difference between an SE version and LE for a JJP game. Prior to Wonka, all versions were the same except for bling.

#19 3 years ago

Don’t buy it...

#20 3 years ago

Not sure I understand the reason for this thread.
    You think it's intentional that they can't make games fast enough?
    TF is wrong with some of you people?

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

I can't say that any JJP rep that I've ever met or spoken with employed chicken-shit tactics when they were dealing with me.

Doesn't "chicken-shit" mean cowardly, or have I been using it wrong all these years?

#22 3 years ago

I put a deposit down with a distributor for an LE the day the game went on sale (within the first couple hours actually).
    The marketing at the time was touting that a bunch of machines were built and ready to ship.
    Here we are four months later and no word at all as to when to expect a machine.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Man. I guess your overall experience with JJP must be in stark contrast with my own. I can't say that any JJP rep that I've ever met or spoken with employed chicken-shit tactics when they were dealing with me.
    Tell us about your experience(s), won't you? Perhaps I've been out of the loop.

My only other experience with JJP was WoZ and I'm pretty sure I waited well over a year to get the game and it had lots of issues including ink chipping off the PF which they refused to do anything about. I went through a distributor this time who is a friend of mine. He has received one game
    And yea, I’m thinking they should let people know what they are on for and/or figure out how to get more games out. But at least, maybe the issues will be worked out by the time they get to the LEs

#24 3 years ago

Stern and hopefully CGC will have another release before June/July. I have played the LE quit a bit and besides the great music I just don't get it, but I also don't like POTC.

3 weeks later
    #25 3 years ago

There are several reasons why GNR LE’s are taking longer in production. This is really the first machine made in the new JJP factory. They made a few Wonkas in this new factory because that’s what was being made in the original factory, but you’ve got a lot of new workers building a new machine that happens to be the most technical pinball machine made to date. In fact, several people already have had some quality issues. It’s actually not a bad thing to wait longer to get the bugs out.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Marc514:

There are several reasons why GNR LE’s are taking longer in production. This is really the first machine made in the new JJP factory. They made a few Wonkas in this new factory because that’s what was being made in the original factory, but you’ve got a lot of new workers building a new machine that happens to be the most technical pinball machine made to date. In fact, several people already have had some quality issues. It’s actually not a bad thing to wait longer to get the bugs out.

Yeah, it’s a 50/50 kinda thing. Half of me knows that it’s better to be patient if it gives them time to work out any kinks.
    The other half wants my new game yesterday!!!

4 weeks later
    #27 3 years ago

I placed order for a LE on 12/30 from JJP and I decided to call this week to check in.... sales told me that based on my order date I was looking at sometime this fall... Bittersweet.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

If you’re tired of waiting I’ll take your $9500 pre-order spot.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

I placed order for a LE on 12/30 from JJP and I decided to call this week to check in.... sales told me that based on my order date I was looking at sometime this fall... Bittersweet.

This Fall or next? I think better questions to your distro are where are you on the listt? How many LEs have been made so far? Aporox how many LEs are being made per week? When do you estimate I will be getting my game?

Then if your delivery date is longer than 6 months after you were promised the game, you get the game for free.

I am actually starting to believe that JJP are hoping for people to drop out so JJP can keep their deposits. I cannot understand why you would not give people an honest estimate of when their game is going to arrive?

#30 3 years ago

They will have to turn off new orders at some point to start working on the next release. I cant see them letting back orders get over a year out. There has to be some licensing/time constraints on the next release. It’ll be interesting to see how many of the 5k get released before they have to move on.

#31 3 years ago

They need to ramp up production and cash in before used sales take over.

#32 3 years ago

I ordered my LE in October 2020, they're telling me April/May ship date. I hope they're for real!! I want this game in my living room asap.

#33 3 years ago

I ordered LE on launch day. Told distributor I'm out and got refund the other day. I'll buy it from someone else, not waiting a year.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I ordered LE on launch day. Told distributor I'm out and got refund the other day.

Good to see you got your money back. Thanks for letting everybody know.

#35 3 years ago

Just saw a pic of LE’s on the line

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I ordered LE on launch day. Told distributor I'm out and got refund the other day. I'll buy it from someone else, not waiting a year.

Why not give someone else the chance to buy your spot given the price increase?

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

They’ll gladly refund you and then re-sell for $1000 more
    Shoulda kept your spot. Instant 1k profit

#38 3 years ago

They are building limited editions from here out. Your wait time will vary distributor to distributor. We have games scheduled for shipping in the next week or so. That being said, we are still 30 order or so behind. If ordering today, then I would estimate late summer/early fall based on current production numbers.

#39 3 years ago

I cant back out or sell out because the guy already sold my Funhouse. I only owe him 2k for the GnR now when it finally comes.

If people are still having PF issues I may leave it in the box and sell it once I get it. Im not having a 9500 pin with the PF coming apart.

#40 3 years ago

As Kingpin said, LEs are shipping starting next week - mostly still to day 1 - week 1 orders. I ordered mine on day 3 thru a distributor and was asked for full payment two weeks ago and should be in this first batch.

#41 3 years ago

The LEs started leaving the factory this past week. I ordered on day 2 and finally drove in this morning to pick it up. Currently preparing to haul it in after lunch; it's a little heavy.

#42 3 years ago

So what are the thoughts from everyone on priority if you order directly from JJP vs distributor? If The order date is the same, is JJP going to fill distro orders first?

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

They are building limited editions from here out. Your wait time will vary distributor to distributor. We have games scheduled for shipping in the next week or so. That being said, we are still 30 order or so behind. If ordering today, then I would estimate late summer/early fall based on current production numbers.

How can that be if I ordered from JJP on December 30th and they're telling me fall. I think based on that if you're ordering today it'll be next year. But I don't know their capacity to crank these out if they're 100 percent focused on LE production either.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

How can that be if I ordered from JJP on December 30th and they're telling me fall. I think based on that if you're ordering today it'll be next year. But I don't know their capacity to crank these out if they're 100 percent focused on LE production either.

From what I understand (and this is just my thought process, no inside information), the games are built and each distributor (including jjp themselves) gets a percentage of that build according to the percentage of games they ordered. So, if 100 games are built a week (just a made up number, no actual knowledge of production schedule) and distributor x ordered 6% of the total games, then they would get 6% of that build. If you ordered from jjp or one of the larger distributors and think you're game is going to come any sooner then that would shock me. Even if jjp direct is getting 40% of each allotment, they may have sold 750+ games on day one (again, pure speculation). At that rate (40%) it would still take 20 "weeks" to fulfill that day one order.

Since we dont know the production schedule or individual percentage of games given per week, this is all just speculation. Some have speculated 2500+ games sold already. Depending on production numbers (which HEAVILY depends on vendors being able to get parts, which is very tough right now) it literally could be months for current orders to be filled.

Again, just to remind everyone who thinks I have any inside information on this matter, I DO NOT. I am simply speculating from what i have seen with production and my own sales numbers thus far.

That being said, this is a simply amazing game and worth the wait. We are so proud of what eric and the entire jjp team have done with this game.

For those following along, we do have some games left in our allotment that can be secured. The longer you wait the longer the wait will be. Get in now, pay your deposit and sit back and enjoy. Spring is here, summer will be here soon. Before you know it your game will be on the line and getting ready for you to enjoy.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

So you think the overseas CEs have been built? It would be great if all 500 CEs have been completed. It would also be fantastic if JJP gave their distros and direct customets some honest communication about when their games are going to arrive.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

So you think the overseas CEs have been built? It would be great if all 500 CEs have been completed. It would also be fantastic if JJP gave their distros and direct customets some honest communication about when their games are going to arrive.

I was under the impression that all CEs were going to be built at once. That being said, there might not be enough ce's going to any one overseas area to fill a container. The shipping cost on the container is the same whether it is half full or completely full, so 99% of distributors will likely be waiting until they have a full container (ce and le (and possibly some se)) to ship them.

#47 3 years ago

Apparently that's what's on it's way to Australia or soon to ship, a small container of CE's and SE's.

Was hoping they'd wait for the next allocation of LE's and go with a larger container. Oh well, the CE and LE preorder owners will be counting the days now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gnr-les-till-june?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.