• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0061.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slither.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

so I picked up an old flash yesterday, its a bit beat up but plays well, upon re assembly had no gi or backbox lights, they were on when purchased. So I assume its a connection, shut off machine, move connectors around and re plug them in, turn it on and its all good, played a few games, pushed the machine to its spot by the wall and now no lights again. Does anyone know which connector from backbox to body controls these 2 sets of lights, been wiggling and unplugging connectors for a while now, cant seem to find a wiring diagram, and not the best at understanding them anyways lol, any help is appreciated, oh and the fuse is good, lol.

#6 9 years ago

yes I already pulled fuse and retested, was hoping someone could tell me which connector controls this lighting, boards were redone not long ago professionally,fuse holders are good and tight, I believe its a plug in from body to head, problem is I reseated everything that was undone to move machine. Tried this again, several times but no go.

#7 9 years ago

got it, was a bad connection yellow wires from transformer to fuse card, of course I broke the fuse when pulling it out lol, popped in a new one after fixing connection and all good again, now to get rid of loud humming sound when game is on, I think caps on sound board..
Thanks!!!

#9 9 years ago

ok ill try that, do you mean un hook it ?

#11 9 years ago

getting an error on that video, wont load, tried to unplug middle wire, but made no difference, now have some sounds not working, and some are way "off"

ps what do you mean floating the board?

#12 9 years ago

was reading online, unplugging ground may not be good idea, ran a larger ground wire out from that middle spot , seemed to help, getting weird r2d2 kind of sound now when bonus is scoring after ball drain, also missing start up sound when you push start, and game end sound as well, any ideas, was working..

#14 9 years ago

ok, no difference, I am curious, great plains electronics lists 2 cap kits for this board, one has the 4700uf cap and one has the 12000uf cap, my board currently has a 12000 on it, but I have a full kit with the 4700, can I use it?

#15 9 years ago

Found online that the 4700uf cap will be fine, many boards made with this cap, also solved my missing sound problem, brown/orange input wire was in wrong spot in connector, off by one, my bad, lol, tried another soundboard with new caps, and little to no hum, so hopefully caps will fix it..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slither.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gi-or-backbox-lights-williams-flash?tu=slither and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.