Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6318 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6313 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6317 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6311 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Have a client with an AC/DC Premium with no GI at all, and the rollover lanes not working. It is definitely in line with the Grinder LED lamp extension board, but have ruled out the board itself by swapping it.

The voltage is supplied through a fused Bridge rectifier in the backbox head on the left side. The fuse is 5amp slow blow and it’s fine and the bridge tests fine. The manual doesn’t state what DC voltage should come off of this bridge for that board, so if anyone knows, that’d be helpful information to double check.

There is also a RJ11 4P6C data cable from the MPU to this board. I’ve tried finding it, but can’t seem to find the exact part. Or, would any RJ11 4P6C data cable that is long enough work OK? Any help on that would be appreciated.

Lastly, this game is wrought with mods. My biggest concern is whoever put these on (not the current owner) did something in a mod install that potentially is going to make it a needle in a haystack find. Anyway, any pointers to a part that would work for that data cable, the voltage I should have to that board or anything else would be helpful. Seems this was the only game to use this board and run GI like this.

1 month later
#4 3 years ago

Just for anyone needing help on this in the future. It ended up being a bad connection from the transformer on that huge molex connector in the cab. Obviously, didn't have a massive molex like that on hand, so bypassed and hard wired the two AC lines out. Works like a charm now. Never have seen this be the problem on one, but worth checking if all else fails.

2 years later
#5 9 months ago

I can’t thank The_Director enough for this post. The grinder board is used in Metallica Premium and LE but also AC/DC Premium. All my GI was out on my Metallica MOP. I swapped out my grinder board. I checked the fuse in the backbox. I reseated the power cable to the grinder board. I fiddled with the data cable. I had a gremlin for sure. I searched for “All GI out on ACDC” and found this post. I check the transformer large Molex plug and the purple wire was like this. I gave it a little slack, pushed it back into the connector housing, plugged the transformer connector housing back together, and all the GI came on.
The_Director if you’re ever in Buffalo…

IMG_6311 (resized).jpegIMG_6311 (resized).jpegIMG_6313 (resized).jpegIMG_6313 (resized).jpegIMG_6317 (resized).jpegIMG_6317 (resized).jpegIMG_6318 (resized).jpegIMG_6318 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gi-ac-dc-premium- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.