• 33 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gaston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally_Beat_the_Clock_Tech_Chart.pdf (PDF preview)
BTC rom chip (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a 1985 Bally Beat the Clock. 500 units produced. Timed game that is fun to play.

While cleaning up the game I noticed that there are 4 flasher bulbs located up high in the playfield and 4 located in the backglass.
I changed the 912 bulbs out with new ones. They DO flash in test mode when performing solenoid test #92. However they do not flash at any point during game play.

I have noticed in at least one you tube video that these flashers will flash when the ball goes in the left upper saucer and when making it through the right side lane up to the top of the playfield. ( see 2:20 and 4:34 in this video of sample game play

) I have seen a couple other videos of games with no flasher action occuring during game play similar to my machine.

I have mostly EM's and just a few early solid state games so my knowledge is sparse in this area. I had a friend that is quite good with electronic pins take a look and we found nothing in the schematic contained in the game manual showing the flashers. When we did test #92 for the game all the flashers did in fact flash ! However nothing occurs during game play. We are thinking the lack of flasher action in my game is software related. It appears the original game rom is in the pin dated 11/13 (85)

Any ideas ?

#2 7 years ago

Bump

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the response.

#5 7 years ago

Anybody have the ROM code with the flashers enabled ?

I have a friend who would try burning a new chip for me if we can get the code that has flasher software enabled.

1 week later
#6 7 years ago

Bump - Does anyone know where I can find the ROM code with flashers enabled for Beat The Clock ?

1 week later
#7 7 years ago

Anybody ?

#10 7 years ago

Thanks - Sending you a PM.

Interestingly my game chip has the same date but different hand marking. Looks like different batch of chips used too during production - stamped chip manufacturing differs.

BTC rom chip (resized).JPGBTC rom chip (resized).JPG

4 months later
#13 7 years ago

Ok - let me know !

3 months later
#16 6 years ago

Excellent !

PM sent

Thanks

#19 6 years ago

Sure Quench - I will take my existing game chip and some blank chips to a tech savy friend that has a burner - this is way above my pay grade.... I just want to see the flashy lights work ! LOL

Anyway PM me with your email and when I get the files I will forward them to you. I'll see if I can get this accomplished within the next week or so for you based on my friends availability.

#27 6 years ago

Not sure on coil for 1-6 drop target reset.

But : I Took a few minutes and entered register 63 and punched in 1 - Flashers now work !!!

Gaston gets a big thumbs up !

#30 6 years ago

Coil for drop target reset is Bally N26-1900

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-flasher-action-for-beat-the-clock?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.