Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
No Fire

Letter received on Wednesday May 29th 2013.

Wednesday May 29th 2013

Whenever I press the start game on my Fire! it immediately tilts. If I shoot the ball and let it drain, it plays fine on ball 2 and 3. Also I can add a second player and it doesn't tilt on that player's first ball. I've gone over every tilt switch and the tilt bob and none are stuck. I have no other ideas on what to check. Please help!

Fire Chief

Dear Fire Chief

All is not in flames yet.

You are off to a good start by going over the tilt switches.

Next up, first check the board in the head for battery damage.

Now did this start on it's own, or when you did something to the game ? That helps on where to start for the next step.

Now your tilt switches are part of your switch matrix. While they appear good, be sure flux or something isn't shorting across the fiberboard spacers.

Moving on, consider looking over every switch in your game. Look for any wired wrong, diode on backwards, or something shorting to switch lugs or switch wiring.

This will likely be an easy fix, just some digging to find.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.